Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1106510498500009986

From the anime thread, new art for the back half of part 5.

They're really not being subtle, huh?

i'm glad mista is immediately trying to shoot nothing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yinlock posted:

His target's right there though, a little back and to the left of Trish

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would just take the Who Shot Johnny as an inconsistency, like the very first appearance of King Crimson.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Yinlock posted:

I mean, the whole point of his ability is that he doesn't need to aim directly at his target.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah D4C lets Valentine hop between different dimensions, universes, realities, whatever you wanna call it, by being pressed between two objects, that's what he's doing when he goes behind doors or under tables. He can also take other people with him into the alternate dimensions, or send other people there without having to travel with them, but anyone who isn't Valentine will violently fuse with the version of themselves from that dimension when they come into close contact. Valentine can also like....give D4C to other Valentines? I may be totally wrong on this, but whenever Valentine is badly injured, he can hop into another dimension, and give D4C to another Valentine, and that new Valentine basically gets the old Valentine's conciousness, essentially becoming mainline Valentine giving him an infinite stash of new bodies. It's late and I'm not able to go hunting for pages but I'm pretty sure Valentine can do this, could be wrong tho.The reason he doesn't just hop to a new dimension entirely is that the world of Steel Ball Run is the only one that he's found that has the Corpse Parts, in other worlds he's fighting for mystic gems or whatever and he doesn't care bout that.

Who Shot Johnny is the first time we see D4C in direct action and in typical Araki style, it's kind of weird and inconsistent. My fuzzy interpretation is that initially D4C could also sort of converge universes together in small points. So Valentine brings Johnny into three separate dimensions where Johnny gets shot by alternate Wekapipos, Diegos and Valentine himself all at once, and then back in the mainline universe, none of them know what happened, but maybe that's not true at all idk!!

I apparently remember nothing about D4C myself so Steel Ball Run book club thread coming soon

So I'm not wrong with my theory that fat Valentine got replaced with very muscular Valentine at some moment with his dimensional thing ability? I just like to think that because it's the only way I can excuse Araki changing the character's design from one panel to another.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

That, or the ribcage made him buff. Both are plausible explanations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Fat Valentine could walk across the room without making any noise.

Buff Valentine makes footstep noises when he moves.

He replaced himself via D4C.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Fat Valentine had a sub stand called Extra Cushion which added a small layer of fat to his feet, allowing him to walk without a sound.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Do Valentine and Scarlet ever see each other? I know she dies but I feel like she'd say something about her husband being way hotter now but maybe she dies before she sees him again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

Do Valentine and Scarlet ever see each other? I know she dies but I feel like she'd say something about her husband being way hotter now but maybe she dies before she sees him again

Doesn't she die before he changes to Buff Valentine in the first place?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Maybe! Buff Valentine may be closer to the end but I feel like I always remember it earlier since thats Valentines default state to me

Gotta reread sbr man I'm telling ya

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

I mean, the whole point of his ability is that he doesn't need to aim directly at his target.

and yet he starts every fight by doing exactly that(and then his bullets hit himself somehow)

the "i'm glad" wasn't ironic or anything, that is mista's core character: fire your gun blindly at the problem, confident that this time you won't get owned

he rules

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

the virgin Buff Valentine makes footstep noises when he moves.

the chad Fat Valentine could walk across the room without making any noise.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Expect My Mom posted:

Maybe! Buff Valentine may be closer to the end but I feel like I always remember it earlier since thats Valentines default state to me

Gotta reread sbr man I'm telling ya

If I remember right, it fluctuates wildly in the chapters with Scarlett. He starts off fat, and get's a little bit skinnier, taller and less puffy every panel.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Interview_Archive#2012 posted:

Interviewer: Like, Funny Valentine from part 7 was the opposite as he steadily grew.

Araki: Ha, That’s okay because he was working out!

These muscles are all-natural.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

is "he has 4 balls" gonna be the major plot point of part 8 cause if so i'm down

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would just take the Who Shot Johnny as an inconsistency, like the very first appearance of King Crimson.

I remember reading a detailed explanation somewhere of how Who Shot Johnny makes sense with how D4C is supposed to work. It's complicated and requires some really lucky timing on Valentine's part, IIRC, but I can roll with it.

Bruno seeing himself makes sense as Diavolo lending him Epitaph to confuse him. I don't pretend to have a clear sense of how Diavolo does and doesn't interact with things during the skipped time, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

I remember reading a detailed explanation somewhere of how Who Shot Johnny makes sense with how D4C is supposed to work. It's complicated and requires some really lucky timing on Valentine's part, IIRC, but I can roll with it.

Bruno seeing himself makes sense as Diavolo lending him Epitaph to confuse him. I don't pretend to have a clear sense of how Diavolo does and doesn't interact with things during the skipped time, though.

The thing with Diavolo I mean is when he takes Trish out of the Elevator without Bruno seeing. After that, everything is pretty consistent.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

IDONTPOST posted:

is "he has 4 balls" gonna be the major plot point of part 8 cause if so i'm down

yes

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

IDONTPOST posted:

The balls are extremely important.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There are four - five chapters left between where the last ended and the start of Notorious BIG and god I hope next week ends on Bruno asking the airport staff where there's a plane he can steal and Mista just dumping six shots into Carne

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Don't even show it happen, just have Mista say to everyone else that he just shot a guy on the tarmac and they all shrug.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's gonna end on Carne walking up menacingly with a 'To be continued", we get a week of speculation on how much of a badass he is and then the next episode cold opens on Mista immediately gunning him down.

Please David Pro.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nephthys posted:

It's gonna end on Carne walking up menacingly with a 'To be continued", we get a week of speculation on how much of a badass he is and then the next episode cold opens on Mista immediately gunning him down.

Please David Pro.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Notorious L.A.R.G.E.

Relatively Well-Known B.I.G.

Widely Disliked G.I.G.A.N.T.I.C.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tetracube posted:

Notorious L.A.R.G.E.

Noticeably F.A.T.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Notorious BIG's copyright-dodge name will just be Biggie Smalls somehow.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The Infamous Big Poppa

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S. Big

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carne has died, activating his Stand: [FRANK WHITE]

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Large L.A.D.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Noticeably F.A.T.

I'm pretty sure that was a Futurama character

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tetracube posted:

Notorious L.A.R.G.E.

Infamously H.U.G.E.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
No wait, it should be 「All Eyez on Me」

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a Futurama character

And? :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just an observation. Really as long as they just don't call him 'Fat Guy' they can't go wrong.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carne is Ready To Die, because he knows that he'll have a Life After Death and be Born Again for Bad Posthumous Albums.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Fat Boy Slim

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Absolute U.N.I.T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

They're just going to call it Big Man or something equally lame.