Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

drunkill posted:

floor collapses in a supermarket. 100year old building apparently.

https://i.imgur.com/8SdjJ5q.mp4

loving :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1106875006548500480?s=21

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Good reminder that literally every person who drowned because they fell off a boat without a life jacket was expecting to not fall off a boat.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Well that's good for him but how is that supposed to help all us naked boaters?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

Well that's good for him but how is that supposed to help all us naked boaters?

This is why I have inflatable testicles.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

This is why I have inflatable testicles.

Sounds painful.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I had helium balloon implants installed in my buttocks. Unfortunately I can't swim with them as I end up my arse in the air and face in water, oh well

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
On the plus side, only dogs and bats can hear you fart :science:

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Lazy article author didnt link to any instructions on how to do the thing. I learned this in US boy scouts swimming merit badge at summer camp 25 years ago.

Take pants off. Keep underwear on.
Tie a knot at the end of each leg, as close to the ankle end as you can get it.
Wave pants over your head by the waist to get a bubble of air into the legs, or huff n puff through the top.
Hold the waist closed and below the legs and the legs will hold air for a while.
Stick inflated legs under your arms while holding waist close and lower in front of you.
Reinflate occasionally as required.

Note that reinflating feels weird, like you are giving your pants a hummer. This is normal and expected.

Its not as good as a life jacket, but it lets you take a bit of a break from swimming so hard, conserving energy and extending your survival.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Prove it.

(Seriouspost.)

If I can't, does that mean I get to take ownership of the house back?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Memento posted:

Re: paper chat.

I was once sent a contract for some consulting work I did. The guy who sent it to me said "I've included two copies, one for you to sign and send back and one for your records".

Seems fine, right?

He emailed them.

He emailed me two copies of the same file.

PennDOT has let you renew your vehicle registration online for a while now. You fill out the forms, pay your money, and they stick a registration form in the mail.

Recently this has changed. Now they don't mail you the printed registration, they just email you a PDF so you can print it out yourself.

But when you're filling out the form online, there's an option for getting extra copies of your registration. Only $1 per extra copy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nocheez posted:

If I can't, does that mean I get to take ownership of the house back?

Depends - is the other party relying on a Sony Memorystick too or do they have paperwork?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Lone Badger posted:

Because of the way the brain rewires itself, this is literally true. Do it enough and as far as your brain's concerned the JCB is just another arm.
If the JCB operator has the digger arm as the extension of his own arm, does that mean when I'm pulling doubles the trailers are an extension of my butt? Does that mean I now have a tail?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8KzmlIEsHs

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 16, 2019

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jerry Cotton posted:

Good reminder that literally every person who drowned because they fell off a boat without a life jacket was expecting to not fall off a boat.

I just save all those packets of silica gel desiccant that come with shoes, or electronics, etc. If I go on a boat I stuff my pockets with them, that way if I fall off all I have to do is wait a minute and walk to shore.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hugh Malone posted:

I just save all those packets of silica gel desiccant that come with shoes, or electronics, etc. If I go on a boat I stuff my pockets with them, that way if I fall off all I have to do is wait a minute and walk to shore.
What about the fish, Hugh? They're slippy and they'll be everywhere and your pants will be heavy from all the silica gel. Seriously Hugh just loving think things through for once in your goddamned life.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/MAUYYxY.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Helluva way to kick the bucket

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Dang, hope he's OK. Who was at fault there exactly?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
driver who failed to safely navigate their vehicle without putting others at risk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mozi posted:

Dang, hope he's OK. Who was at fault there exactly?

In a country with human rights and rule of law: foreman.
Elsewhere: whoever has the best lawyer.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

all i hear is the WASTED sound effect from gta5

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Still alive because he was wearing his harness.

quote:

The impact sent the man flying upside down. Wolf says he dangled there in his safety harness for about 30 seconds before the rest of the crew lowered him down.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Some days you're the fuckler, some days you're the fucklee

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ECM_LP/status/1106631824716034048

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m glad the uploader circled the man otherwise I never would have noticed what happened!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just noticed there's a pedestrian crossing 50 m away.

e: Well, a hole in the fence at least, with pedestrians crossing.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's a place in town here where the city put up an eight foot fence down the middle of a busy four-lane highway because people kept crossing everywhere except at the intersection that was right loving there, because on one side of the highway is a community college everyone was trying to get to and the pursuit of education is worth risking life and limb everyday by running into traffic.

And my god, do people whine about that fence.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

There's a place in town here where the city put up an eight foot fence down the middle of a busy four-lane highway because people kept crossing everywhere except at the intersection that was right loving there, because on one side of the highway is a community college everyone was trying to get to and the pursuit of education is worth risking life and limb everyday by running into traffic.

I wonder how much the fence cost as opposed to an actual solution to the problem?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

Yeah, people are incredibly loving stupid and I've seen someone smash their head in from falling off the edge of a pavement as he was trying to skirt round the edge of a metal fence to stop pedestrians crossing a busy crossroads. THERE'S CROSSING LIGHTS RIGHT NEXT TO IT!!!

had to call an ambulance and his unconscious body blocked like 2 lanes of traffic.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Splicer posted:

Some days you're the fuckler, some days you're the fucklee

There is no light without darkness.

There are no truck fucklers without truck fucklees.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Ixian posted:

There is no light without darkness.

There are no truck fucklers without truck fucklees.

I'm completely truck fuckless.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

I'm completely truck fuckless.

I believe in this thread that makes you a Top. Unless you mean you are TruckCelebate.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ixian posted:

I believe in this thread that makes you a Top. Unless you mean you are TruckCelebate.

VINcel?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Diesel

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Supradog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ks_lbtgJSw&t=109s

Yeah, no thanks. The rope to pull with, the wood bouncing everywhere, the speed of the flywheel. Frankly the whole mechanism.

lol that photoshopped keyframe

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/RuthEllison/status/1106885178473873408

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I love the five wine moms losing their goddamn minds and running for their lives while everybody else stays put because it's amazing and rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Flooding in Nebraska is teaming up with cold temperatures to smash a bunch of ice into a bunch of things.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1107055838009741313?s=19

Evacuating some planes from Offutt due to flooding

https://twitter.com/AircraftSpots/status/1107090792886075392?s=19