Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

People who don't like ffx-2's chocobo theme are weak and prefer water with no ice because it's less spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Rirse posted:

When I was looking up World of Final Fantasy I saw she (the second girl) somehow was in that game.

she's a minor character and a summon and I've never played DoC so I know nothing about her and don't care.

you also can't tell anyone's ages in WoFF because everyone is a chibi.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MikeJF posted:

Apparently there were lightsabers in dirge of cerberus

Enjoy the costume design on the left, so deep and well-crafted. She's definitely a respected scientist.

EDIT oh jesus apparently the one with the lightsabers is "19-years-old though permanently stuck in the body of a young girl" burn the extended FF7 universe to the ground

apparently Nomura has gone on record to say the Extended stuff for FF7 is not canon to the remake.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Anyone play My Life as King?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Onmi posted:

apparently Nomura has gone on record to say the Extended stuff for FF7 is not canon to the remake.

good that means he can make new expanded universe stuff just for the remake.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

good that means he can make new expanded universe stuff just for the remake.

I can't wait for Iscar Matthias to finally be canon.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

MikeJF posted:

Enjoy the costume design on the left, so deep and well-crafted. She's definitely a respected scientist.

I'm sorry, is that a skirt with a second skirt underneath? WAT

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lobster22221 posted:

people had some difficulty coming to terms with dirge of cerberus’ designs

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Phantasium posted:

This is probably why I've kept that FFXII PS4 theme they made when the remaster sold a bunch of copies, which is just the Viera village theme with a picture of them in the background.

Such a soothing theme.

Uh huh. Sure bud. We believe that's your reason for keeping the theme.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I have this theme and never taking it off. The Viera village song owns.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Help Im Alive posted:

Fight every random encounter so you get to hear VIII's battle theme as much as possible

This but only when you're playing as Laguna.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It does fit the game perfectly.

Because it's trash.

Just like ff12.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

sponges posted:

Haven't played it but heard it was cute and good.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

sponges posted:

Fun and cute, but definitely gets a little repetitive.

I had fun with sending off the adventurers and building the town. It was fun peeking at someone's adventure log and seeing what they did, see what might need improvements. It was fun seeing a story set in the Crystal Chronicles world after the Gamecube game, and there's also a Moogle called Mogcid. It would make a fun mobile game if walking around town was streamlined a little bit.

It's worth a shot, and I sort of wish it had some method of play other then WiiWare since that's all down now. I think it was definitely worth trying for the price when it was available, although some of the DLC (like the Lility/Yuke/Selkie houses) should probably have been included with the base game. Not necessary, but made it more fun.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My Life as a Darklord was pretty neat too

I don't think it's possible to buy either of those games now though since they were wiiware games rip

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Why is everything so dang expensive in FF1? I'm in the second town and between new spells for my mages and upgrading my gear I'm going to have to grind money for hours.

Am I doing something wrong?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you could always grind on the peninsula of power but the actual way you're supposed to do this poo poo is, you explore dungeons and open treasure boxes to get the bulk of your funds. they're extremely long marathon runs, so by the time you get out you can afford all the spells of the level you should've had going into the dungeon :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Yaws posted:

Why is everything so dang expensive in FF1? I'm in the second town and between new spells for my mages and upgrading my gear I'm going to have to grind money for hours.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you're expecting to be able to buy everything when you first reach a new town. That's not how FF1 works in any version.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wouldnt mind genesis being included in ff7hd

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I would

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

i wouldnt mind genesis being included in ff7hd

Or just have gackt. Not even trying to integrate him as Genesis, just gackt showing up at random points in the background.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lobster22221 posted:

You should look up a clear image of the character.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Oxxidation posted:

people had some difficulty coming to terms with dirge of cerberus’ designs

If you enjoy bizarre JRPG fashions, it's one of the few things Dirge excels at.

It is almost Luso-levels absurd.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It would be cool if Cissnei showed up again in FF7R with a clone of Zack that Hojo made in his lab after his experiments on both Zack and Cloud and they're just living happily together in Gongaga but this is in the part where Cloud is still crazy so he doesn't recognize Zack and just brushes by them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just did the prompto dlc and i thought that had good boss designs

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Mega64 posted:

If you enjoy bizarre JRPG fashions, it's one of the few things Dirge excels at.

It is almost Luso-levels absurd.

I, I... no. You know what, no. i'm going to stop you right there. This is the line in the sand.

Luso does a lot of things wrong. A lot. But at the end of the day, his design is overwrought nonsense, but at least still somewhat functional in terms of design.

That is... a man who built framework wings to serve as a second pair of arms to wield an oversized set of guns AND have a bunch of sharp pointy bits to stab folks with, because this man cannot commit to a fighting style. I can only assume with that headpiece that he controls them much like a quadriplegic, and uses his lips and tongue in combat to manipulate them to act independent of his actual arms, which having not played DoC I can only assume he uses to wield MORE guns because that is the most stupid, anime thing. Meanwhile, the rest of his object looks to be skintight, probably in order to stop those ankward wing-arms from catching on his clothing, except he decided to add a bunch of belts because Nomurawe need to make sure all that skin-tight clothing is secured by something we can snag those wings on anyways?

e: And you'd think he's have those guns attached to the arms to reduce the change of failure due to extremity manipulation failure except, NOPE, those holsters on his side basically are only possibly big enough for those big ol' shooters, which means he has to manipulate his wing arms to not just shoot the guns, but HOLD ONTO them and presumably operate them like a normal hand would. Which holy poo poo just no.

And then we get to the belts between the legs. The classic Iori Yagami statement. Much like that man, I have to assume all these extra restraints are supposed to be a symbol of 'woah man, this fella is holding something back within himself' except they've already codified that with almost every other part of the design, so instead they just added two strips of leather between his legs that are going to restrict his movement when I have to assume his fighting style is based around agile flips and other anime gunman bullshit.

*pauses to watch the boss fight*

Yeah, no. Luso is bad but you don't get to put him in the same league as this chucklefuck. There's bad design and then there's complete edgelord horseshit like this. Luso looks like somebody who fell out of a costume store but could at least go out and do his thing. This guy's design literally doesn't function even with all the bullshit 'it's magic-science logic 'in the world.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 17, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mr. Locke posted:

I, I... no. You know what, no. i'm going to stop you right there. This is the line in the sand.

Luso does a lot of things wrong. A lot. But at the end of the day, his design is overwrought nonsense, but at least still somewhat functional in terms of design.

That is... a man who built framework wings to serve as a second pair of arms to wield an oversized set of guns AND have a bunch of sharp pointy bits to stab folks with, because this man cannot commit to a fighting style. I can only assume with that headpiece that he controls them much like a quadriplegic, and uses his lips and tongue in combat to manipulate them to act independent of his actual arms, which having not played DoC I can only assume he uses to wield MORE guns because that is the most stupid, anime thing. Meanwhile, the rest of his object looks to be skintight, probably in order to stop those ankward wing-arms from catching on his clothing, except he decided to add a bunch of belts because Nomurawe need to make sure all that skin-tight clothing is secured by something we can snag those wings on anyways?

e: And you'd think he's have those guns attached to the arms to reduce the change of failure due to extremity manipulation failure except, NOPE, those holsters on his side basically are only possibly big enough for those big ol' shooters, which means he has to manipulate his wing arms to not just shoot the guns, but HOLD ONTO them and presumably operate them like a normal hand would. Which holy poo poo just no.

And then we get to the belts between the legs. The classic Iori Yagami statement. Much like that man, I have to assume all these extra restraints are supposed to be a symbol of 'woah man, this fella is holding something back within himself' except they've already codified that with almost every other part of the design, so instead they just added two strips of leather between his legs that are going to restrict his movement when I have to assume his fighting style is based around agile flips and other anime gunman bullshit.

*pauses to watch the boss fight*

Yeah, no. Luso is bad but you don't get to put him in the same league as this chucklefuck. There's bad design and then there's complete edgelord horseshit like this. Luso looks like somebody who fell out of a costume store but could at least go out and do his thing. This guy's design literally doesn't function even with all the bullshit 'it's magic-science logic 'in the world.

Black the Black was peak Nomura's Visual Kei phase which I am very glad he's over because seriously look at that.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Onmi posted:

Black the Black was peak Nomura's Visual Kei phase which I am very glad he's over because seriously look at that.
I don't know what Black the Black is, but googling it + Tetsuya Nomura found this batman variant designed by him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
His name is Nero the Sable.

Like his compatriots Red the Red (Russo the Crimson) Blue the Blue (Azul the Cerulean) and White the Clean. (Weiss the Immaculate)

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 17, 2019

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

lobster22221 posted:

I don't know what Black the Black is,

All of the Dirge bad guy squad had names that become Color the Color if you make it the same language, the guy being talked about is Nero the Sable.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pureauthor posted:

His name is Nero the Sable.

Like his compatriots Red the Red (Russo the Crimson) Blue the Blue (Something the Azure) and White the Clean. (Weiss the Immaculate)
Azul the Cerulean.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
every single boss fight, or fight in general, in that game sucked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Scalding Coffee posted:

Azul the Cerulean.

Right, thanks.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lobster22221 posted:

I don't know what Black the Black is, but googling it + Tetsuya Nomura found this batman variant designed by him.

He did designs for a few Batman character figures; Batman, The Joker, Harley Quinn and Catwoman. They aren't tremendously fitting for the characters themselves, but they're pretty great designs on their own merits.

The best one is probably The Joker. He's got a crazy amount of variation in his figure, and most of them don't look like The Joker at all, but it would altogether make for a great 'evil scientist main villain in a Final Fantasy game' design.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 17, 2019

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I just wanted to say Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII is actually really fun. I do not like the ARPG style combat but actually it’s kind of similar to ATB and I am getting better at it. I tried playing Type-0 before this and bounced off it hard.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Were any of the FFXV episodes any good and what time should I play them during the main game?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
episode gladio happens at like ch7 or so, you'll know when to play it

episode prompto should be done during ch12 (11?), again you'll know when to play it

episode ignis technically takes place during the stuff in altissia but it straight up has an alternate ending to the entire game, so you should wait on it until after you finish the game

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My wife and I both played My Life as a King a lot and we both loved it. It gets really grindy and RNG-based in the late game and it just kinda stopped being fun for me. Then there's the building position optimization which just isn't worth the time and effort after a while.

I recommend playing it until you get sick of it. It's a really good time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rirse posted:

Were any of the FFXV episodes any good and what time should I play them during the main game?

I'd personally recommend skipping them unless you really like the characters (if you do, I don't understand how), but there's a bit near the end that they added later that kinda majorly fucks you if you go that angle.

There's three bosses in that last chapter that now force you to play as each of your teammates, so if you didn't play their DLCs you literally have no concept of what you're supposed to do with them outside of a tutorial message dump. There might be a lot of worse design choices in FFXV, but that's probably the part I hate the most because it's so very directly 'making the game worse, after the fact'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If you find you really like one of the boys's gameplay, you can get abilities to let you switch to one until the fight ends. It's kinda neat, but I didn't use it much because you have to use it for each fight instead of turning it on for an hour or whatever.