Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, our heroes meet the best hair in the galaxy.

RED
BLUE
YELLOW
PINK
carlos
:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Liz Wiz you've outdone yourself on this one

Nasty Knight still probably your finest work but this is a good #2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

deadly_pudding posted:

I forgot all about the insanely casual reveal that humans live on other planets besides Earth lol

In a late season episode someone introduces him and just casually drops "Oh yeah he's from the space colony"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guys I just figured out why Alpha lost his voice. He had a catastrastroke.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It's great how PRiS just immediately gets rid of everything that sucks

Divatox and her lame crew- gone
Justin- gone
Alpha 6- managed
TJ as a not very good leader- demoted to blue
Carlos- Carlos

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sockser posted:

hey shut the gently caress up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rita was doing a Lucille Ball impression at times, I feel like Divatoxx is the perfect cross between Lucille Ball and Elvira

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Did Alpha say "poo poo"? I think he's talking backwards and I heard him say "tish" when the ship got hit.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Sockser posted:

Justin- gone
Alpha 6- managed
TJ as a not very good leader- demoted to blue
Carlos- Carlos

Dimitria - Does anyone know where she went? Does anyone care?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I like to pretend Demetria was just Divatox playing a trick on the rangers. Like A6 was supposed to be the guide who hooked them up with the real Sage character and Divs just made em into a Brooklyn Stereotype and scrambled everything else, so she just dials up the rangers and fucks with them.

"I trained them wrong on purpose"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Eddie Whitson posted:

Dimitria - Does anyone know where she went? Does anyone care?

I 100% forgot Dmitria existed because who gives a poo poo

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
*extremely muffled voice* IM THPAFE

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sorry a lot of your videos got pulled btw. Wanted to show a friend the Putty On the Brain one but whoops.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Episode 3 of Beast Morphers was really good. Roxy reminds me of Tanaya a lot.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lizard Wizard did some of your videos get DMCA'd or did you skip some? I started watching MMMR from the beginning and once I got to the hundreds some episodes just... weren't there?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Lizard Wizard did some of your videos get DMCA'd or did you skip some? I started watching MMMR from the beginning and once I got to the hundreds some episodes just... weren't there?

Some of 'em can't be played in just about every country that exists as of recently, which I guess I can thank Hasbro for?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well at least they didn't strike you I guess

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

They know to only use their weapons in defense.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wonderful

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Surely there are starving young actors that can actually act as opposed to reading off a TelePrompTer.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Even as a child I found the Astro Megazord incredibly forced. Like...this completely random spaceship the Power Rangers took, is actually the head of a whole new Megazord, but the rest of the body is some other ship that's who-knows-where in space. Somehow, Zordon saw all of this coming, including the completely random meeting of these two - not to mention how we had nothing saying this spaceship was unique in any sort of way beyond the NASA guy somehow knowing about Eltar.

As an adult I can really appreciate how they went all-out though, brand-new footage, a completely different setting, In Space has basically nothing to do with Megaranger in its first episode and that's insane.

Also RED BLUE YELLOW PINK carlos loving slayed me, amazing job LizWiz.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Watched Beast Morphers Episode 3 and one thing I like about it is that despite being the comic relief, Betty and Ben do display a base level of competence at what they do. So far they're my favorite characters in the show.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And they're just flat out respected by the rangers and viewed as friends. Nobody is laughing at them without internet asking afterward if they're ok

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I feel like Ben and Betty is the best comic relief the franchise has had in a while. Boom, Clair, and Fran are the last ones I really liked. I didn’t enjoy Bulk and Spike’s monekyshines as much as I thought I would (Maybe it would have worked better in MegaForce? Make Bulk the new Ernie? IDK). MegaForce really didn’t have a comic relief designated character, nor did DinoCharge. I didn’t enjoy Victor and Monty at all (other than the fact that they are clearly in love).

I think what makes a comic relief character go from annoying to tolerable or likable is the level of depth they have. If they are constantly a B-plot that never has anything to do with the Rangers or the major happenings, then why do I care that their pants fell down in public or whatever? Ben and Betty at least try to help, are aware of what’s going on, and have the team’s respect.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Morby posted:

I feel like Ben and Betty is the best comic relief the franchise has had in a while. Boom, Clair, and Fran are the last ones I really liked. I didn’t enjoy Bulk and Spike’s monekyshines as much as I thought I would (Maybe it would have worked better in MegaForce? Make Bulk the new Ernie? IDK). MegaForce really didn’t have a comic relief designated character, nor did DinoCharge. I didn’t enjoy Victor and Monty at all (other than the fact that they are clearly in love).

I think what makes a comic relief character go from annoying to tolerable or likable is the level of depth they have. If they are constantly a B-plot that never has anything to do with the Rangers or the major happenings, then why do I care that their pants fell down in public or whatever? Ben and Betty at least try to help, are aware of what’s going on, and have the team’s respect.

Yeah it kinda feels obvious in hindsight why the franchise mostly ditched having comic relief characters during the post Zordon/Disney era, not counting there usually being one or more of the villains being goofballs that is

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even as a child I found the Astro Megazord incredibly forced. Like...this completely random spaceship the Power Rangers took, is actually the head of a whole new Megazord, but the rest of the body is some other ship that's who-knows-where in space. Somehow, Zordon saw all of this coming, including the completely random meeting of these two - not to mention how we had nothing saying this spaceship was unique in any sort of way beyond the NASA guy somehow knowing about Eltar.

Zordon shared enough information with the government for Time Force and SPD to be possible.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

And they're just flat out respected by the rangers and viewed as friends. Nobody is laughing at them without internet asking afterward if they're ok

The moment that stuck out to me is in the latest episode, after I forget whether it was Blaze or the monster attacked them on their Morph-X Bicycle Built for Two (which they explicitly built themselves as opposed to having Nate build it for them), the immediate response was "nobody hurts our friend and gets away with it."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RPM did have a comedy character, it was just one of the rangers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

RPM did have a comedy character, it was just one of the rangers.

I also wasn't counting Rangers, their mentor figures, or any Alpha type characters that might be present, I meant specifically comic relief characters that have nothing to do with the Heroes or Villains

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know but Ziggy exists in a special category of his own

it's called "Best character"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

I also wasn't counting Rangers, their mentor figures, or any Alpha type characters that might be present, I meant specifically comic relief characters that have nothing to do with the Heroes or Villains

Are you counting Lothor’s daughters from Ninja Storm? Because they were pretty great

Likewise Devin and Cassidy (?) from Dino Thunder I remember being petty okay

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nodosaur posted:

I know but Ziggy exists in a special category of his own

it's called "Best character"
Ziggy is the best, also he is actually pretty hardcore considering he went up against the mob and lived.

Why yes RPM is on my local netflix and I've been rewatching it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sockser posted:

Are you counting Lothor’s daughters from Ninja Storm? Because they were pretty great

Likewise Devin and Cassidy (?) from Dino Thunder I remember being petty okay

They're villains, I mean the kind like Bulk & Skull

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There was Devin and Cassidy in Dino Thunder who eventually became friends with the rangers, Piggy and Boom(not a duo) in SPD who were both various degrees of comic relief but also more support or playing both sides respectively. Mystic Force had vampire princess who went from comic rival jerk to villain to and Troglin Boom who was another comic relief ally. Overdrive had no humanoid comedy characters I can remember just that fuckin yeti. Jungle Fury had no one I can remember nor did RPM. So it seems they basically gave up on this premise about halfway through the Disney era.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There was Devin and Cassidy in Dino Thunder who eventually became friends with the rangers, Piggy and Boom(not a duo) in SPD who were both various degrees of comic relief but also more support or playing both sides respectively. Mystic Force had vampire princess who went from comic rival jerk to villain to and Troglin Boom who was another comic relief ally. Overdrive had no humanoid comedy characters I can remember just that fuckin yeti. Jungle Fury had no one I can remember nor did RPM. So it seems they basically gave up on this premise about halfway through the Disney era.

Fran.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't really consider her comedy relief, she was more of a direct helper

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Also Mystic Force had Claire. I feel personally attacked by her because I am also really clumsy. But she got her moment and a cool fight.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They wanted to make Devin the Triassic Ranger before they learned it was just a power-up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zedd posted:

Ziggy is the best, also he is actually pretty hardcore considering he went up against the mob and lived.

Why yes RPM is on my local netflix and I've been rewatching it.

Currently going through RPM for the first time and I'm enjoying Ziggy a lot more than I thought I would. When he was first introduced I assumed that he'd be the very annoying side character who clings to the black ranger. Instead he becomes this guy who just tries hard to do the right thing while being the weakest guy around. It's great.
RPM itself has been entertaining so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

Somehow, Zordon saw all of this coming, including the completely random meeting of these two - not to mention how we had nothing saying this spaceship was unique in any sort of way beyond the NASA guy somehow knowing about Eltar.

I can't articulate why, but I love the throughline of Zordon being so paranoid about his fight with Rita (Rita, not anyone else specifically) that he had more plans within plans than he was letting on. Just in case poo poo went pear-shaped and he needed a Megazord, well, send some plans to Nasada.