Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Only three of the muses have been seen in the comic so far.

Four. Predne was in Paris along with the original Storm King. There was also the Muse of Vengeance in the Library, but I do not know if she was one of the original nine or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's definitely a surplus of characters to follow. It makes sense that each new setting is going to have some new people, and big, bustling places like Castle Wulfenbach can be full of extras, but the amount of romantic interests keeps multiplying. Agatha has had 5 romantic interests by this point, the latest of which has no real distinguishing characteristics beyond contriving to be scantily clad at opportune moments. Gilgamesh has 3, there have been multiple romantic subplots popping up here and there, and once Mechanicsburg gets unfrozen there's going to be Moloch's quadrangle to deal with. Albia's plan of seducing Gilgamesh and Agatha is unlikely to go anywhere either.

Last we heard of Sturmhalten, the whole city had gone feral attacking the Baron's forces, which is bad, but very, very recently one loose thread from Sturmhalten was just picked up, so maybe people have finally started rooting around in the remains.

PMush Perfect posted:

As someone who gave up on GG back when they were still on Namek, y'all sound like crazy people.

Sorry to derail from the Questionable Content conversation.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, Monster Pulse is really showing the worst of its characters this chapter, isn't it? Julie was always all about the adventure, but now she realises there's the slightest bit of threat to her hair monster, she chickens out. After spending half the comic complaining that the people risking their actual lives aren't bold enough.

Don't get me wrong, it's great writing. I'm sure we've all met someone like her, and hated them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Sorry to derail from the Questionable Content conversation.
I wasn't saying stop, I was just saying that GG got wild while I was looking away. Stop being evil.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'm pretty sure the new 'romantic interest' for Agatha (and to a lesser extent Thorpe for Gilgamesh) are transparently plots by the queen of England to get the two of them to stay in Albion or at least be suborned by her that way. She likes to collect valuable Sparks and she seems perfectly willing to play that kind of game.

Now I sound like a total conspiracy theorist too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Man, Monster Pulse is really showing the worst of its characters this chapter, isn't it? Julie was always all about the adventure, but now she realises there's the slightest bit of threat to her hair monster, she chickens out. After spending half the comic complaining that the people risking their actual lives aren't bold enough.

Don't get me wrong, it's great writing. I'm sure we've all met someone like her, and hated them.

Yeah, it's understandable that she's now worried for Kera's sake after realizing how much risk she could be in, but it kind of stands in contrast to her earlier recklessness while surrounded by people whose lives are literally tied to their monsters' lives.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
There's only two real romantic interests for Agatha, and she's going to end up with both of them and I will brook no dissent on this subject.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
just because julie's going about this in the wrong way doesnt make her a terrible person, jesus dude

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

make mockery posted:

just because julie's going about this in the wrong way doesnt make her a terrible person, jesus dude

Julie also has the saving trait of "Is not Wanda Lulenski". Anyone who isn't Wanda Lulenski is by default not the worst person in Monster Pulse.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

There's only two real romantic interests for Agatha, and she's going to end up with both of them and I will brook no dissent on this subject.

Gil was probably like 80% of why I kept reading GG for a good while. Him kind of being the butt of a gag as often as he's doing crazy poo poo made the stuff around him more entertaining. (Other 20% being Higgs and the Jaegers)

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

Julie also has the saving trait of "Is not Wanda Lulenski". Anyone who isn't Wanda Lulenski is by default not the worst person in Monster Pulse.

everybody could use a therapist in monster pulse (and irl t b h) but hoooly poo poo did lulenski need a therapist lmao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

make mockery posted:

everybody could use a therapist in monster pulse (and irl t b h) but hoooly poo poo did lulenski need a therapist lmao

Or at the very least someone to act as a buffer between her and Rjinder to stop their catastrophic bad idea feedback cyclone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Hey keed, gimmee vun hunenrt on her takink both uv dem!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I have been reading GG steadily for a long time and I have managed to forget basically 3/4s of it that isn't in the immediately active storyline. It's a lot to keep track of and follow!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Zerilan posted:

Gil was probably like 80% of why I kept reading GG for a good while. Him kind of being the butt of a gag as often as he's doing crazy poo poo made the stuff around him more entertaining. (Other 20% being Higgs and the Jaegers)

This is also why Gil is my favorite character. Really, I read GG because I like the characters, the plot is just something to keep them occupied. It's very fun when it's not a wobbly blob of mind-swapping shenanigans, and thankfully we're no longer deep in the possession/mindswap/mind control weeds. As much. For now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The length and pacing of Girl Genius is such that I only go back to it every few months or so but dammit if I don't love the goofy-rear end pulp setting and jaegerz and all the characters. And the names. Like "Gilgamesh Wulfenbach" is a bomb-rear end name for conquering someone.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Who thought having two boyfriends was a good idea?!

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
the audience cannot escape, i say, and begin to post

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So I've been catching up on the last 2 years of this thread because I'm bored, and

Are y'all OK? Is "webcomics" some kind of hard drug?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So I've been catching up on the last 2 years of this thread because I'm bored, and

I think people just enjoy talking passionately about things on the internet...? Is that some kind of cause for concern?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is "webcomics" some kind of hard drug?
yes

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Buck Godot

is not bad.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if i could literally inject webcomics into my eyes i probably would

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why, you slinging?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

For a long time I used to stay up until 1am to see all my webcomics update and then end up awake at 2am when I should have been asleep. Does that answer your question?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dawgstar posted:

Why, you slinging?

I wish.

Or maybe not. Webcomics seem to chew up everyone who enters the industry and spit them out battered, poor, broken, and depressed.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I've always thought Higgs was more of a super-spy that's been places and knew things, it never occured to me before this latest plotline that he'd be anything else.

Rereading some parts now it makes more sense, but this comic's been going on for so long that I've forgotten so much.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I wish.

Or maybe not. Webcomics seem to chew up everyone who enters the industry and spit them out battered, poor, broken, and depressed.

i think they come pre-chewed

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

nimby posted:

I've always thought Higgs was more of a super-spy that's been places and knew things, it never occured to me before this latest plotline that he'd be anything else.

Rereading some parts now it makes more sense, but this comic's been going on for so long that I've forgotten so much.

He can still be what you thought, though. And I thought that we were pretty sure there was something Jaeger-ish about him going back to the Castle arc when he beat the poo poo out of Zola despite being stabbed a few dozen times, and then beat up on Von Pym in the Muse's body.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

On another note, anyone still mourning Poppy in here? If so, you might like Trash Knight. It seems to be in a similar vein, though it's overtly :nws:, which I actually prefer to Poppy's dancing around it and making me uncomfortable reading it in public without a clear warning about its content. The explicit pages even come spoilered as mature content! It seems to be a good read if you're into Dungeons & Dragons, anyway.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, is Poppy done?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nope, just having a long hiatus after a fundamental change in medium a year or two ago.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dabir posted:

Oh, is Poppy done?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Nope, just having a long hiatus after a fundamental change in medium a year or two ago.

Dabir posted:

Poppy done

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 19, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I kinda considered it done the moment it switched to a mostly text format. I don't at all understand why the author thought people would be on board with that change :/

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 19, 2019

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

On another note, anyone still mourning Poppy in here? If so, you might like Trash Knight. It seems to be in a similar vein, though it's overtly :nws:, which I actually prefer to Poppy's dancing around it and making me uncomfortable reading it in public without a clear warning about its content. The explicit pages even come spoilered as mature content! It seems to be a good read if you're into Dungeons & Dragons, anyway.

Oh hey, I'm acquaintances with the author of Trash Knight. She draws wonderful facial expressions.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

thats one way to structure a cliffhanger

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

petty witch posted:

thats one way to structure a cliffhanger

And now we're on 3 week break, it's killing me!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh! Congrats to the newlyweds!

Gunnerkrigg Court:

Monster Pulse:

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
im hoping one day everybody gets therapy for their poo poo and we minimize the really hosed up generational cycles and the world settles into an equilibrium where horny people and non horny people can coexist without harming each other

so ive only read the first couple pages of this before getting distracted by crows again, does the dragon jack off with polearms? if so, bold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I kinda considered it done the moment it switched to a mostly text format. I don't at all understand why the author thought people would be on board with that change :/
Morbi was burning out really hard, and the text/comic hybrid was a final attempt at keeping their passion for it alive. It doesn't really seem to have worked, but I applaud the effort. And "woah, Chickadino" was a good scene, so I'm glad it exists.