Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Today on TFF I learned corporeal punishment is okay, as long as you never tell your child to do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Keep pounding

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This reminded me of our fancy stats running back thread that I assume has been archived:

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/1106665058594181120

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/David_C_Steele/status/1106700389079019520

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

Something about "commands" runs me the wrong way.

lol Chiche, my dad is a retired Lt. Col, let me tell you about commands

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol Chiche, my dad is a retired Lt. Col, let me tell you about commands

Tell me about commands.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My old firms founder was a 93 year old retired General

I’m convinced he would’ve made 75% of chat thread cry on day 3

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Tell me about commands.

If you're offended by commands, you're in the wrong line of work. Anyway, I learned early in life how to differentiate between normal voice and command voice.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Oh poo poo I remember during Super Bowl week the story about how the Get Back wasn’t with the team due to some “injury” and how they felt really weird.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lack of Get Back Man thoroughly distracted McVay and rattled his play-calling rhythm and led to their failure to adjust to the Pats defense.

Covering for his rear end sure does up the schadenfreude of their SB failure. Wonder how quickly the NFL takes action on him to try and distract folks from the Hill investigation.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Grittybeard posted:

This reminded me of our fancy stats running back thread that I assume has been archived:

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/1106665058594181120

Even the top-performing and healthy backs cratered after 2k~ carries. Charles was amazing, regardless of his final counting stats/ranks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If you're offended by commands, you're in the wrong line of work. Anyway, I learned early in life how to differentiate between normal voice and command voice.

My old man was at one point in his career a "recruit instructor" which is basically the equivalent of a drill sergeant.

Command voice is definitely a thing. It's also hilarious now when I hear someone switch to it and try to use it on me. I was born into it, moulded by it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Oh. I thought you had interesting stories or something.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I still use command voice sometimes. Come at me

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Oh. I thought you had interesting stories or something.

NCO Marines are funny and interesting, especially gunnery and 1st sergeants, Career officers are anything but

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

NCO Marines are funny and interesting, especially gunnery and 1st sergeants, Career officers are anything but

Ok. So you were just trying to tell me that commands are a thing that exists. Cool.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Dog posted:

saint dorner save me from another cop analogy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Ok. So you were just trying to tell me that commands are a thing that exists. Cool.

I guess I just didn't understand your reaction to children taking commands. It was matter of course in my house

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

My dad was a marine, and worse, he was an mp, so I really got to hear it. He his enlistment during Vietnam sitting around in Scotland so he had a lot to compensate for. Thankfully my parents divorced. We get along better now, he's mellowed a lot.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 17, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

My dad was a marine, and worse, he was an mp, so I really go to hear it. He spent all of Vietnam sitting around in Scotland so he had a lot to compensate for. Thankfully my parents divorced. We get along better now, he's mellowed a lot.

My buddy's dad growing up was a marine in Vietnam. He never called my friend anything other than rubberdick growing up. Like, I never once heard him say his name.

He was really friendly to other people, this was just his name for his son.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In basic our master corporal grabbed a lonely clothes hanger from a guy's locker and said "if you leave this in here again, I'm not going to miss like your mom did"

I thought it was funny but I still wouldnt beat my kids tbh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So uh

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1107013436314189831?s=19

That seems bad?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's good

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Thanks 49er's!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1107070290855636992

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Not doing this at the very beginning of FA is a bit of a dick move

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

My buddy's dad growing up was a marine in Vietnam. He never called my friend anything other than rubberdick growing up. Like, I never once heard him say his name.

He was really friendly to other people, this was just his name for his son.

Or maybe your buddy was lying about his name all along

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not doing this at the very beginning of FA is a bit of a dick move

Actually OP it was cool and good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It’s definitely not ideal. Tom and Clapp can fill in, but Unger will really be missed. The only bright side is the cap relief we get.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s definitely not ideal. Tom and Clapp can fill in, but Unger will really be missed. The only bright side is the cap relief we get.

Was he hurt as often in New Orleans as he was in Seattle? Seems like he could never stay on the field even back then, and the results were dire when he went off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

Was he hurt as often in New Orleans as he was in Seattle? Seems like he could never stay on the field even back then, and the results were dire when he went off.

No, I believe he only missed one game the whole time he was here.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Okay I thought htis was a joke. I apologize for my tasteless comment about Sean McVay who I'm sure remains unmolested to this day

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Chiche don’t feel threatened that your authority is being challenged

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
commands lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Chiche don’t feel threatened that your authority is being challenged

The thicker my vest gets the thinner my skin gets.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Manziel is in the AAF now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Manziel is in the AAF now.

quote:

The statement from the Alliance said that Manziel "will report to Memphis tomorrow, where we all believe he'll benefit from the coaching and mentorship of Mike Singletary."

...ok then.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leadership of mooning your players.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chichevache posted:

This is literally how use of force works. As a cop you're basically a parent to grown men who refuse to stop getting drunk and fighting each other or scribbling on the walls with markers.

Let us know when you execute your first black man.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The important part is since Mettenberger got injured we may have a quarterback battle between Johnny Manziel and Christian Hackenberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Codependent Poster posted:

The leadership of mooning your players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR9ZPSeDTH8&t=22s