Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Trade creeper is such a weird phrase. I'm currently buying div cards and selling the output and making great money, and I'm very happy about my evolution from trade complainer to trade cr33p3r.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Nope. Another example of great design. Also for some godforsaken reason they decided to remove the ability to jump from a central platform into the blue and get relocated to the starting point, so if you click a stabiliser midmap now you're stuck there and literally can't go back the path you came from.

Don't click the stabilizer at the end. Click your chests or memory buff thing and then jump in the blue goo. You'll get sent back to the start and can click the stabilizer there to go back where you came. Do pick up your loot out of the chests because it doesn't teleport with you. Or maybe as you kill stuff before hand. Either way one of those items sets don't come with.

McFrugal posted:

Why do you still have your maps tab public? Was I not clear about this before? Maps are high demand, the spam you're getting isn't from people trying to scam you they're just trying to buy maps, so you're being an rear end in a top hat. Oh my god, you even have your currency tab listed too.
I feel like you don't have enough understanding of the trade system to call anyone a "trade creeper".

If you have seen his posts in the wow subforum this is normal behavior for him.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Ahh my trolling backfired yesterday!

I had to report him for being a poor trade creeper.

Trolling some trade creepers.

Grats on being a massive rear end in a top hat I guess?

Comp-U-Shit
Nov 14, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Its you. You're the trade creeper.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
When everyone was posting about the 1c item tab they were exclusively talking about rares

maps, fragments, and (outside of perfect rolls) uniques are effectively currency, with a fixed price that doesn't really vary that much and you can just go look up

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

You're a moron and it's baffling that you think your childish behaviour in an online game is something to brag about on a forum. You should reevaluate your choices in life.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Inconveniencing strangers purely for “the lulz” is a very mature thing to do.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Wow. I think we found our gstash thief if this is the poo poo you pull

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
trolling pubbies,,,,,,, epicly for teh win

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Yeah that's stupid as hell. Trolling random people you'll never see or hear from again participating in an activity you (presumably) enjoy as well.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I spent yet another 50c on belts with stun avoidance, this time managing to get the necessary rolls to break the threshold and get bleed immunity. I broke the threshold by 1.

I didn't get bleed immunity.

I hate this league.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry that sucks. Did you try with double fractured items to get two shots at it?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I know someone already said that you are the trade creeper but I just want to reiterate on how this is one of the creepiest brags posted in this thread so good job.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

that's so demoralizing lol. I got my nexus set-up cockblocked by a random new island after taking the time to set it up and read stuff. I went delving to feel better

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Delving is so fun, I wish I played during Delve. I think last time I played was Legacy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm not smart enough to figure out how to fix synthesis but it needs... something

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Draxion posted:

Delving is so fun, I wish I played during Delve. I think last time I played was Legacy.

Yeah, my only complaint about delve is how the invulnerable mobs and damage over time of the darkness leads to some builds being better then others at doing it, but if you got one of those better builds it's smooth sailing and a literal goldmine of valuables.

You want to keep going just so you can see what's in that unexplored portion of the map and to reach the cities.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
in case anyone missed it in between the cringe of tenzarin.

TheRat posted:

Nope. Another example of great design. Also for some godforsaken reason they decided to remove the ability to jump from a central platform into the blue and get relocated to the starting point, so if you click a stabiliser midmap now you're stuck there and literally can't go back the path you came from.

Don't click the stabilizer at the end. Click your chests or memory buff thing and then jump in the blue goo. You'll get sent back to the start and can click the stabilizer there to go back where you came. Do pick up your loot out of the chests because it doesn't teleport with you. Or maybe as you kill stuff before hand. Either way one of those items sets don't come with.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's not exactly a great system that some loot comes with you to the end and some disappears forever and there is no way to figure out what without trial and error and even then you don't know if it didn't come because of a bug.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does Pious Path for inquisitor mean you are immune from freeze shock chill ignite burning ? That’s pretty strong

Whoa it includes bleeds too. No wait it doesn’t. Not elemental.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 17, 2019

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's not exactly a great system that some loot comes with you to the end and some disappears forever and there is no way to figure out what without trial and error and even then you don't know if it didn't come because of a bug.

Path of Exile: Synthesis - It’s not exactly a great system

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

the only loot that isn't sent to you is the stuff from synthesized chests because the platform they're on doesn't get eaten

presumably because GGG really wants you to click the stabilizer there and end your run after one fixed node, every time

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm surprised they made the loot drops visible in memory voids. At least with Incursion you don't know if something gets lost in the shuffle

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

Does Pious Path for inquisitor mean you are immune from freeze shock chill ignite burning ? That’s pretty strong

Whoa it includes bleeds too. No wait it doesn’t. Not elemental.

As long as you're on consecrated ground, yes. And since you create consecrated ground when you're stationary, and the effects linger for 4 seconds, the only time you won't be immune is if you've been moving for more than 4 seconds.

It's extremely powerful and I love it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

:thunk:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
None Intelligence, Left Beef

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm genuinely sorry that you have to wake up every morning and continue being you.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b2327z/havoc_on_twitter_9999_certain_map_drops_have_been/eiqcg4t/

So they do change the map drop rate from league to league, maybe they changed it for this league expecting synthesis content to drop more maps but that got nerfed at some point without the regular drop rate being buffed?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm guessing they accurately balanced map drops around synthesis mechanics, but then found out that no one likes synthesis and so everyone avoiding the tedious new mechanics aren't getting as many maps as they would if they engaged with the new league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Noper Q posted:

I'm guessing they accurately balanced map drops around synthesis mechanics, but then found out that no one likes synthesis and so everyone avoiding the tedious new mechanics aren't getting as many maps as they would if they engaged with the new league.

Nexus drops gently caress all maps tho

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

TheRat posted:

Nexus drops gently caress all maps tho

I've probably put in 15-20 hours into doing nexus stuff for challenges and I've had two maps drop, both white.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hey GGG this league SUCKS!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Seems like they probably meant for Synthesis stuff to drop a lot more maps than it does but somebody misplaced a decimal point or the like.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They should lean into the leagues feeding into eachother more like when betrayal wasn't a one safehouse per week sorta thing.

Add scarabs to the other leagues instead of making it betrayal only, add sulphite and scarab incursion rooms, add more scarabs like beyond scarabs.

Or just give us delve league again because everyone wants more delve.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 17, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am completely turned off to Synthesis crafting now after my belt debacle. I hate the Memory Nexus too.

They better fuckin' wow me with a balance/bugfix patch in the next week or I am so sitting this out until the inevitable mayhem/flashback/whatever race that we all know is coming.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yea I don't feel like I have a lot left in me before I give up on this league.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I made a HCSSF character this weekend for the first time ever. I'm done with this league when he dies.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pretty sure this is the quickest I've ever started ignoring the league mechanic, just sucks the other leagues are so rare. I still run the memories for currency drops and xp but after three carefully planned loops got messed up from randomly spawning memories mid-run. I was shooting for uber elder this league, still might, but I just don't have a big desire to push like I usually do.

I had just assumed maps didn't drop in memories/nexus, still haven't had any. Hell I got to maps with 1 map drop in my stash then had to go farm BA to get more since neither that one or Zana's mission dropped any.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How are the new Ice Traps? Not really liking bane/soulrend much so thinking of re rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Qwertycoatl posted:

I made a HCSSF character this weekend for the first time ever. I'm done with this league when he dies.

This is probably me in a week after I hit 90 and get some challenges done on my first character.