Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fadam posted:

Played four hours of Bloodborne this morning. Gonna go to Starbucks then play for the rest of the day probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

He's the one who likes
to main Diddy Kong and he
writes some fanfiction and he
loves his gaming bong but he
doesn't post on /v/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

StarCraft Canpaign. Methinks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stuck on a Binal Blades 2 miniboss. I'd bitch about the encounter design but No Johns.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Playing ranked in UNIST and playing Bloodborne with my epic UGK, Yuzo Koshiro and Aphex Twin playlist on in the background

Also lol at the last page

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Might gently caress around and buy DMC5 tbh.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

UPDATE: I bought it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Congrats.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
figured out how to make my ps4 play other music during gameplay so Cities: Skylines w SimCity 3000 Unlimited bgms

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the sc3k soundtrack is canonical

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

ArfJason posted:

the sc3k soundtrack is canonical

its legit my favorite game soundtrack

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

its legit my favorite game soundtrack

i still listen to some of it here and there and even used it for this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5668anI6Q

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

ArfJason posted:

i still listen to some of it here and there and even used it for this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5668anI6Q

lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Wormskull posted:

StarCraft Canpaign. Methinks.

I was playing through the OG campaign last year since I never beat it legit back in the day, and I got stuck on Protoss 7 :(

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I was playing through the OG campaign last year since I never beat it legit back in the day, and I got stuck on Protoss 7 :(

I've got my copy of Prima's Official Strategy Guide sitting next to me if you need it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Listening to my cum town backlog and cleaning out chalice dungeons.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

stoned playing dungeon crawl stone soup :dare:

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

fadam posted:

Noice

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

VWVWV posted:

stoned playing dungeon crawl stone soup :dare:

Nice. Don't forget to charge your hypersigil to guarantee a Book of Transfigurations drops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are 75 McNugs and hit level 37 in Binal Blades 2.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fadam posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Steamworld Dig 2, this game is a masterpiece. I gave up on indie metroidvanias after getting burned by Ori and the Blind Forest but this is fantastic and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Gonna hit lvl 50 in ff14

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Steamworld Dig 2, this game is a masterpiece. I gave up on indie metroidvanias after getting burned by Ori and the Blind Forest but this is fantastic and I'm glad I gave it a chance.
it's really good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I always heard Ori was really good , it was on my shortlist for when I get my PC together . You didn't think so? Agreed on Steamworld Dig 2 kicking rear end . I hope their new card battle RPG is good, they have my goodwill at this point

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

I always heard Ori was really good , it was on my shortlist for when I get my PC together . You didn't think so? Agreed on Steamworld Dig 2 kicking rear end . I hope their new card battle RPG is good, they have my goodwill at this point
I just beat SD2. I didn't expect it to just end like that, but still a fantastic game. The emphasis on fun movement options makes for a great platformer.

Ori is pretty but floaty as hell, and it asks the player for a level of precision the physics can't handle. It's not fun.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah SD2 does feel like it could be longer but it's still fantastic. If you're into or want to get into sequence breaking and poo poo there are a ton of opportunities in that game and it's really cool to mess around with, definitely worth a replay or 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yeah SD2 does feel like it could be longer but it's still fantastic. If you're into or want to get into sequence breaking and poo poo there are a ton of opportunities in that game and it's really cool to mess around with, definitely worth a replay or 2
It seems like it would be amazing for speedrunning given the length, although I'd definitely skip the Floor is Lava perfect reward next time.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SD2 is the best indie metroidvania

i liked ori fine but it's definitely a bit style over substance

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Shovel knight and DCSS on spring break downtime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I like ori. it has very tight controls but it is extremely demanding and ramps up fast.

I remember getting the double jump and it immediately throws some really hellish rooms that test the limits of it in combination w your other skills, but I love that kind of stuff

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just beat SD2. I didn't expect it to just end like that, but still a fantastic game. The emphasis on fun movement options makes for a great platformer.

Ori is pretty but floaty as hell, and it asks the player for a level of precision the physics can't handle. It's not fun.
yeah I felt like it just stopped without much fanfare, but you can at least go for all the artifacts and unlock some great postgame dungeons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like all the SteamWorld games. There's something about them where you can tell the devs first priority was making a fun game. I really appreciate that, especially in the Indie Arena where most games are playable Zoloft commercials.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like all the SteamWorld games. There's something about them where you can tell the devs first priority was making a fun game.
The amount of love put into the combination of jet pack and hook shot is amazing, especially with how briefly you have it. What's Heist like?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Heist is like a 2d xcom but not nearly as hardcore.. it's still pretty challenging later in the game tho. I had a lot of fun ricocheting bullets around doming guys. I think there's a dlc character that is OP as gently caress but I never tried em.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wanna try steamworld 2 at some point, i heard really good things..

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really appreciate that, especially in the Indie Arena where most games are playable Zoloft commercials.

lmao. in the castletroid arena theres Axiom Verge which got buzz recently cause its free on epic or whateevr and that game is a prime example of putting aesthetic above the game. its complete rear end where you pick up 1/5ths of 5% damage upgrades and fight bosses that look cool but are horrible annoying messes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Heist is really good too. I don't like card battle stuff usually but they've earned enough goodwill that I'll happily play Quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Im on Chapter 4s in octopath traveler. I like the game but theres way too much talking. Like zelda tutorial level talking and cutscenes in the middle of the game