Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i couldnt get into heist i thought the missions were a bit too samey. would play a heist 2 if they went to all/mostly handcrafted stuff like they did in dig 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DMC5 today. It’s a god-tier game so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Im on Chapter 4s in octopath traveler. I like the game but theres way too much talking. Like zelda tutorial level talking and cutscenes in the middle of the game

Well it is a JRPG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj85utkRKHI

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Thinking about giving SMT4 a shot again on my 3 hr flight home. And yes, I'm safe: my plane has all the Boeing DLC.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
played a lil cities skylines, now bout to go get some wendys and then get back into p5 ng+

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

played a lil cities skylines, now bout to go get some wendys and then get back into p5 ng+

You were playing Skylines on PS4, right? How was that?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Feeling under the weather, so spending a lot of time in bed and on the sofa playing Bravely Default

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You were playing Skylines on PS4, right? How was that?

placing roads is a little finicky sometimes and i still dont really have the hang of setting up bus routes yet but the game mostly does a good job of fitting a lot of complexity into a gamepad centric interface. runs just fine too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Steamworld Dig 2, this game is a masterpiece. I gave up on indie metroidvanias after getting burned by Ori and the Blind Forest but this is fantastic and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Giving up on indie metroidvania's in a world with Hollow knight. tragic

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

placing roads is a little finicky sometimes and i still dont really have the hang of setting up bus routes yet but the game mostly does a good job of fitting a lot of complexity into a gamepad centric interface. runs just fine too.

Sick. My laptop’s getting old so now that a bunch of genres that have always been PC only are starting to get console ports I want to try to experiment with some of them. I bought The Sims 4 for PS4 a little while ago to see how well that works but haven’t gotten to it yet, maybe I’ll try that out later today

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

extremebuff posted:

lmao. in the castletroid arena theres Axiom Verge which got buzz recently cause its free on epic or whateevr and that game is a prime example of putting aesthetic above the game. its complete rear end where you pick up 1/5ths of 5% damage upgrades and fight bosses that look cool but are horrible annoying messes

It was made by a goon wasn't it? Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think so but it is a turd

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steamworld Dig 2 sounds cool. I was not super impressed by Hollow Knight after a while

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 sounds cool. I was not super impressed by Hollow Knight after a while

In retrospect the biggest thing that grabbed me about hollow knight was the map. It's got enormous secret areas with hidden secret areas inside them and it regularly gave me the very rare feel of discovering the dragon covenant in the tree root area of dark souls

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And the boss fights are mostly really really good . If they make a bigger budget Steamworld Dig I hope they expand on those because Dig 2 only has like 3; they were good but it's not enough

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Anyway I bought Injustice 2 lol because it's super cheap and I just want to play the single player . On that lvl 20 atrocitus grind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Anyway I bought Injustice 2 lol because it's super cheap and I just want to play the single player . On that lvl 20 atrocitus grind

Good luck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Ádh mór ort.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thanks. Might become a Supergirl main

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lord Butterface.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

One Steamworld Dig 2 track led me to the El Huervo album where it comes from and the whole thing is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYtFLU6xVn4&t=30s

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Red Dead 2, I'm doing the mission where you track down Gunslingers for some guy's book and it's a lot of fun. Felt like a badass when I shot the knife out of the pig farmer's hand but then he just picked it up and stabbed me a bunch while I panicked.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Red Dead 2, I'm doing the mission where you track down Gunslingers for some guy's book and it's a lot of fun. Felt like a badass when I shot the knife out of the pig farmer's hand but then he just picked it up and stabbed me a bunch while I panicked.
TIP: Shoot the pig farmer until he is dead.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

StarCraft hype night at Da P-Nut's RTS Hut. Don't forget to zerg rush that follow button.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Sick. My laptop’s getting old so now that a bunch of genres that have always been PC only are starting to get console ports I want to try to experiment with some of them. I bought The Sims 4 for PS4 a little while ago to see how well that works but haven’t gotten to it yet, maybe I’ll try that out later today

thinking about grabbing The Sims 4 tonight now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
deluxe edition is on sale for 10 bux so hell why not.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Make the Imp House.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Make the Imp House.

👀

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Make the Imp House.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mycophobia posted:

deluxe edition is on sale for 10 bux so hell why not.

All the DLC that makes it fun is 400 dollars.. it’s the sort of game that deserves to be pirated IMO

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That said someone should make the Imp House.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Make the Imp House.

This.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
i only know what like three imps actually look like...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Interpret their avatars as you see fit as is youre wont.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

Everyone looks like their av.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad Torna kept the best part of the original game, Extreme close ups of Malos smirking while this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6TLtJ4epT0 for 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
fair enough.

net cafe scandal posted:

All the DLC that makes it fun is 400 dollars.. it’s the sort of game that deserves to be pirated IMO

also holy gently caress you werent kidding. the very first thing you see when the game boots up is like 30 greyed out dlc buttons that each cost at least $10