Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TheScott2K posted:

or in my 3 year old's case, Into The Spider-Verse

At least that movie kicks massive rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rolo posted:

At least that movie kicks massive rear end.

Oh yeah, definitely feels like I've been cut a break after all that loving Super Why

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SeANMcBAY posted:

How many people would actually open up a virtual manual instead of googling it anyway? It was a cute little detail and I wish they kept it though.

I did when I played it on Wii VC :(

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

J-Spot posted:

That ticked me off in the original. Oh, you didn’t pick the obscure correct respond to a handful of texts the game deemed important despite all the rest of them being fluff? You’re not worthy of reading the ending.

I’m about to finish the true ending and the way Elite streamlined everything, if you picked a single wrong email response in a certain chapter you’re locked out of a ton of extra scenes that get sprinkled throughout and should have just been there to start with. Luckily the skip feature is awesome.

So yeah, don’t miss that email chain.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

How many people would actually open up a virtual manual instead of googling it anyway? It was a cute little detail and I wish they kept it though.

One of the things I really wish carried forward from the Wii U/3DS era were everything having a fairly-standardized digital manual viewable out of game or while a game is suspended.

i mean I rarely ever used it but when it was helpful it was helpful, and you could always count on there being one. Now it's a wild west of everyone choosing how or even if to include documentation.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

BattleMaster posted:

One of the things I really wish carried forward from the Wii U/3DS era were everything having a fairly-standardized digital manual viewable out of game or while a game is suspended.

i mean I rarely ever used it but when it was helpful it was helpful, and you could always count on there being one. Now it's a wild west of everyone choosing how or even if to include documentation.

I'd love to be able to look at the manual while a game downloads. Even if you buy the game on a cartridge there's usually a patch that's going to take a few minutes to download and install. Look there's 6 minutes left on this download what the gently caress am I supposed to do with 6 minutes?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

pixaal posted:

I'd love to be able to look at the manual while a game downloads. Even if you buy the game on a cartridge there's usually a patch that's going to take a few minutes to download and install. Look there's 6 minutes left on this download what the gently caress am I supposed to do with 6 minutes?

"Don't you have a phone??? :razz:"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there something I forgot about the Gaping Dragon in Dark Souls? Like a gimmick or something? I played through that game probably 5 times when it came out and he never gave me any trouble. But I'm playing it again and he is still super easy, except he has so much health he just whittles me down after 10+ straight minutes of fighting him. Even using NPC summons he just out lasts me.

IIRC isn't he weak to lightning? I ran out of gold pine a while ago, but I don't think there's any way to get a lightning weapon before Sens is there?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Cities Skylines is on sale. I played a decent amount of it on PC but would love it handheld. How's it control? Does the port run ok?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

veni veni veni posted:

Is there something I forgot about the Gaping Dragon in Dark Souls? Like a gimmick or something? I played through that game probably 5 times when it came out and he never gave me any trouble. But I'm playing it again and he is still super easy, except he has so much health he just whittles me down after 10+ straight minutes of fighting him. Even using NPC summons he just out lasts me.

IIRC isn't he weak to lightning? I ran out of gold pine a while ago, but I don't think there's any way to get a lightning weapon before Sens is there?

Don't use npc summons since they boost his health and the summons won't add that much.

I always cut the tail. I bait the slams and charge attack by being about 15 feet in front of him. If he does a slam down you can get a few hits on his head which will do more damage than his body if I remember right.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Also summoning Solaire helps a whole lot. While the boss is facing him, just circle behind the boss' back and start whacking at the tail.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Cities Skylines is on sale. I played a decent amount of it on PC but would love it handheld. How's it control? Does the port run ok?

Controls are fine, but the framerate really starts dipping once you get a big city going. If that kind of thing bugs you, I'd steer clear.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omO0GCfFrE
Turok has gyro aiming.:dance:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

gently caress yeah!

RandomFerret posted:

Controls are fine, but the framerate really starts dipping once you get a big city going. If that kind of thing bugs you, I'd steer clear.

This is what I was afraid of, but I really wanted a (good) handheld city builder. Can you choose a small enough map to abate the issue? I'll check some videos and see if I can handle the performance issues.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's dope as gently caress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_IP6SWgnnA

Some of these puzzles man. I could've spent years on this same puzzle and never figured it out

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
I just finished (ish) Hollow Knight.

I'm basically in need of more of the same. Any recommendations for a 2d adventure?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Death of Rats posted:

I just finished (ish) Hollow Knight.

I'm basically in need of more of the same. Any recommendations for a 2d adventure?

Steamworld Dig 2!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Crusader Kings 2 on switch with touchscreen and gyro support. Come on Paradox. I dare you.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Turok on eshop when

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

mdemone posted:

Turok on eshop when

Already listed on the eShop.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rocket Pan posted:

Already listed on the eShop.

You know what I mean drat your eyes

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
It's released today or tomorrow depending on your timezone.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mario Rabbids is amazing, it's like an Xcom game made by developers who believe in fun

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

mdemone posted:

You know what I mean drat your eyes

Yeah I was bummed I could not preload it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CrossCode when

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Final Fantasy Tactics when

(I guess Chocobo Mystery Dungeon will have to suffice for now)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Mario Rabbids is amazing, it's like an Xcom game made by developers who believe in fun

This is how I currently feel about Hard West. Also seems well paced for either mobile or when you need a break from catching a million Pokemon.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ragequit posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics when

(I guess Chocobo Mystery Dungeon will have to suffice for now)

Mario Rabbids has a better story than tactics.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fallom posted:

CrossCode when

Also Rare Collection on Xbox Game Service when

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

Dont sell it short, its a better game than FFT in every way.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

If you already got the tail or don't care about it you wanna try to bait the charge rampage attack and hit his flappy croc head while he's recovering, it takes more damage than the rest of his body.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man it felt good figuring out this level:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

I am playing through Mario Rabbids right now. I think I am pretty close to the final boss. It’s a little shallow, but still fun. I like games I can break open like FFT a bit more.

Speaking of breaking, Baba demolished my brain once I hit the fifth area.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macaluso posted:

Man it felt good figuring out this level:

I figured the solution is somehow to use text has baba and baba has text a few times in sequence to drain that lake and end up making baba has baba, but I wasnt able to get the positioning right where I ended up with a text I could push down

Oh wait maybe I can make text is you and then move it all and use the fence to get everything back in position and turn it back to baba is you

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Barudak posted:

Bad opinion alert, especially if you count the tactics advance games

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Oscar Wild posted:

Though at no point did a Mario Rabbids movie tell me, “Blame yourself or god.”

The original Tactics translation was quirky as hell and I loved it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

Bad opinion alert, especially if you count the tactics advance games

FFTA owns

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

Uh it was subtext :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jet Jaguar posted:

The original Tactics translation was quirky as hell and I loved it.

Blame yourself or Geno.