Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

It's always so nice to see yobbers being happy about each other. One place where people are excited about another and wait for each other, way better than anywhere else!

hi el dorito!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Goons Are Great posted:

One place where people are excited about another and wait for each other, way better than anywhere else!

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement even though I can't help but sing it to the Cheers theme, like it's been badly translated back from Chinese or something.

alnilam

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement even though I can't help but sing it to the Cheers theme, like it's been badly translated back from Chinese or something.

lol and :agreed:

ty manifisto

Manifisto

ze salmon, she is cured!

and holy crap you guys it's pretty good. as in really, really good.

as you can see, I went with a bagel rather than a bialy (I prefer the texture, the chewiness of the exterior is :mwah:). now let's talk about bagels, you may have an opinion about the best bagel in nyc but you're WRONG, the best bagel comes from (mumbles incoherently)

okay I dunno I just like bagels. this one came from ess-a-bagel and it's p good I guess, most importantly it was fetched this morning while still warm. as a bonus I got to chuckle at the poor saps waiting in line because I could go to the express counter. these guys have to wait an hour for their salmon, it took me only . . . three . . . days . . . well okay maybe the tradeoffs are less clear, but it's the principle of the thing.

anyway in conclusion, cure your own salmon, or don't, but either way make sure you have plenty of capers and espresso, and either either way have a nice sunday morning!

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Dang Manifisto, way to loxx yourself.

--

You know how in math the symbol for inequality is ≠? What if you put that symbol inside the no smoking / Ghostbusters "no" circle, would that be a simple anti-inequality image?

I guess they already make bumper stickers with the = on 'em and I'm just overthinking this...

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
does anyone know the AV text "Brought to you by the Save Lowtax's Spine Fund" (or something to that effect) ver batim? or a poster that has that text? (if you are reading this and you have that AV text on your AV this is an invitation to post, lurkers must!)

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Dick Bastardly posted:

does anyone know the AV text "Brought to you by the Save Lowtax's Spine Fund" (or something to that effect) ver batim? or a poster that has that text? (if you are reading this and you have that AV text on your AV this is an invitation to post, lurkers must!)

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Sup

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yaaaas, thank you :cheers:

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

I have, for the first time ever, made a proper weekly meal plan and did a shop for it, it is a bright new future this sunday

I do not want to see my personal trainer tomorrow but I'm going to do it anyway

look at you, adulting and poo poo!!!!

will you also go see my trainer for me? i do not want to do my PT this week.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
lol at having your own trainers

catch the pokemon yourself, smdh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

ze salmon, she is cured!

and holy crap you guys it's pretty good. as in really, really good.

as you can see, I went with a bagel rather than a bialy (I prefer the texture, the chewiness of the exterior is :mwah:). now let's talk about bagels, you may have an opinion about the best bagel in nyc but you're WRONG, the best bagel comes from (mumbles incoherently)

okay I dunno I just like bagels. this one came from ess-a-bagel and it's p good I guess, most importantly it was fetched this morning while still warm. as a bonus I got to chuckle at the poor saps waiting in line because I could go to the express counter. these guys have to wait an hour for their salmon, it took me only . . . three . . . days . . . well okay maybe the tradeoffs are less clear, but it's the principle of the thing.

anyway in conclusion, cure your own salmon, or don't, but either way make sure you have plenty of capers and espresso, and either either way have a nice sunday morning!

MAJESTIC LOX :swoon:

i appreciate, deeply, the caper to onion and schmear ratio. i'm about to go put some schmear on a bialy and eat it, i crashed again after taking the dogs for a walk because i've been doing too much and all my joints are subluxating and doing dumb poo poo again.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hang on i'm doing breadbowl math:

if a lox and schmear and capers and onions bagel is a soup in a breadbowl

does that mean

it's salmon soup

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

has byob finally come full circle so that we can be deleted on tuesday??????

Jaded Burnout

Nosfereefer posted:

lol at having your own trainers

catch the pokemon yourself, smdh

no they're not personal as in mine, they're person-al as in they're for catching persons in persóballs

Jaded Burnout

also called al

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

lol grosssss

Jaded Burnout

make sure to get a lox schmear once every 3 years

BoldFrankensteinMir

I think I just nailed an audition, guys. I might get to be a heel manager for a local wrestling league...

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I think I just nailed an audition, guys. I might get to be a heel manager for a local wrestling league...

what's your gimmick?

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
The subject of urban, rural, and in-between in the United States is something I spend a lot of time thinking about. I wrote a 200 page book about it, that no one will read, not even my mother. I got banned from SA from posting in D&D about it.

Hopefully, my comments in BYOB about the matter will be better received.

To me, the cultural divide between urban and rural America is silly because both groups now live in a world defined by global supply chains and social interactions that are mostly mediated through impersonal institutions. There is like 3-5% of the United States that this is not true of, where people live in towns/communities small enough where they are interacting with people on a personal, and not an institutional level. Although sometimes, paradoxically enough, it is people in (some) urban areas who are rediscovering community as a part of life.

Which leads to the following argument being put forward, seemingly seriously: "Elitists in places like Portland like walking around their neighborhoods, knowing their neighbors, and eating at local restaurants and shopping at small businesses--- they don't understand the authentic American experience of living in a place where you drive everywhere, and shop at Wal-Mart and dine at Applebee's by a freeway exit". (Okay, okay, no one has gone out and said that exactly, but through many conversations, that seems to be the gist of some people's impressions).

Personally, why this is odd to me: I grew up in a small town, that, when I was a child, had the following chain businesses: a Safeway, a McDonalds, a Chevron station. It currently is the intersection of two six lane highways, and has a Wal-Mart, one of each major fast food restaurant (about eight in all), four Starbucks, a Kroger, a Safeway and an Albertsons (which are owned by the same company, and they are like four blocks apart, and each have a Starbucks inside of them), a Dollar Tree, a Walgreens, etc. Like I go there, and there is so much, but it is so empty. But in Portland, I actually have places to interact with people, see people on mass transit or just on the sidewalk, catch up with my friends, have community events, see people in a non-commercial settings, talk to small business owners...its kind of a reversal of the expected situation, where I feel most American small towns are totally impersonal and homogeneous, but the large cities are where you can actually interact with people as people.

Manifisto

only if you're a schlemiel

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

lots of bad words itt smh

Areola Grande

no wonder the lurkers are scared 2 poast

Manifisto

I think I just nailed an audition, guys

don't be a jerk, give the audition a followup call

no but seriously congrats

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

opioid agonist posted:

no wonder the lurkers are scared 2 poast

But are the posters...scared to lurk?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

lol

but also

Manifisto posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Manifisto posted:

only if you're a schlemiel

don't get me started on schlimazels

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I had some things I didn't want to do, but now, thanks to an injection of chill by my posting buddies, I have the energy to get up and do things.

Only not really "get up", because I am doing these things while on my bed on my computer.

I will give you an update on things done in this busy Sunday workday, in a few hours.

Jaded Burnout

glowing-fish posted:

But are the posters...scared to lurk?

100%

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TVsVeryOwn posted:

don't get me started on schlimazels

Listen Laverne

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MY HEALTHCARE IS IMPORTANT

ALSO DO IS MY BREAKFAST it's Scream Bees and I love it

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hamjobs posted:

Listen Laverne

don't call me surely

alnilam

Nice loxx m8, shame about the capers though :troll:

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Nice loxx m8, shame about the capers though :troll:

:eng99: I know I should have added more, I was trying to show restraint for the photo

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

hi el dorito!!

:wave:

Manifisto posted:

:yeah:

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

:eng99: I know I should have added more, I was trying to show restraint for the photo

damb... slick recovery

ty manifisto

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

hamjobs posted:

It's the death day of Saint Patrick and as a dedicant to and of the Morrigan and a student of an actual Irish indigenous draoí, I would like to remind you that if you celebrate, do the work on why the whole "driving the snakes out of Ireland" is actually a dog whistle for stamping out pagan beliefs in favor of the church, that St Patrick's color is actually blue, that he was a colonizer from England and also if you make a fool of yourself I'll laugh at the video on YouTube of you puking up lovely green beer in a gutter.
This is an amazing post

Which Morrigan is your favorite?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

alnilam

My baby is very byob, when she looks at us we'll say "hi! hello! hey!" and she'll smile and wiggle her limbs, just like i do when someone says hello in the hello and chat thread

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

My baby is very byob, when she looks at us we'll say "hi! hello! hey!" and she'll smile and wiggle her limbs, just like i do when someone says hello in the hello and chat thread

hi!