Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Cubone posted:

I had to pause from laughing after the kid whose mom "only celebrates Bastille Day" excitedly says "I know where we can get some baguettes" and then the cut to Marge going through Homer's purchases from the previous scene, and when I unpaused it immediately got me again with "heheh. this baby's sure to kill somethin'!"

the comedy is just so dense! MAN, what a good show.

:(

I'm not watching it but doesn't he buy poo poo like condoms, laxitives and liquor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the good thing about the show going digital is revisiting the old episodes and seeing what beautiful jazzy (and outright funny) animation I had taken completely for granted

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nonviolent J posted:

I'm not watching it but doesn't he buy poo poo like condoms, laxitives and liquor

On of those disposable enemas, nah make that two.

Lol

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Just, the animation on that whole scene of Homer flailing around the kitchen

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Last Chance posted:

On of those disposable enemas, nah make that two.

Lol

Marge saying I don't know what you've got planned for tonight but count me out after seeing the enemass, condoms and liquor ahahha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jesus Christ the kid going “I know where we can get some baguettes!”

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Front facing Simpsons are Kursed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Front facing Simpsons are Kursed

I never though Mo was especially ugly in simpsons world until this

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lisa's parts in Summer of 4'2" were bad.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

super sweet best pal posted:

Lisa's parts in Summer of 4'2" were bad.

she's the heart of the episode you clod!!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lisa sucks.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mantis42 posted:

Lisa sucks.

leave my girl alone she is perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4GD2feZ8Q

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Lisa's great but her episodes are pretty uneven, much like Marge episodes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if anyone has scientifically polled it, but the New York Times surveyed their readers and Homer was the favorite character by a longshot followed by Lisa. So eat it Lisa haters.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno if anyone has scientifically polled it, but the New York Times surveyed their readers and Homer was the favorite character by a longshot followed by Lisa. So eat it Lisa haters.

So, people who read the new york times like lisa. Not really making a great case for her here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

So, people who read the new york times like lisa. Not really making a great case for her here.

I'm confident America would agree :colbert:

The Evita episode was good too. One of the best Lisa episodes.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

PostNouveau posted:

So all the cool people voted homer and the dumb retards left over voted Lisa, gotcha

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Nonviolent J posted:

So all the cool people voted homer and the dumb retards left over voted Lisa, gotcha

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
All the classic era Lisa episodes are great. It wasn't until later when they made her a preachy mouthpiece for the writers.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

All the classic era Lisa episodes are great. It wasn't until later when they made her a preachy mouthpiece for the writers.

Lisa the Vegetarian is Season 7.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Lisa's great but her episodes are pretty uneven, much like Marge episodes

Other way around. Some of the best episodes are Lisa episodes but she does suck!!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

way to go lisa, you ruined barts chance to win at gaming with your fake gay religion

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
The animation where Marge turns around when bringing in the Tang and rice krispy treats is exactly what the people who do the show today could never do so perfectly even if it meant their entire careers. the way she flips around is just insanely right, talk about understanding a comedy beat.

a thing of beauty that's probably never coming back. whatever korean shophouse and american editors were doing seasons 3-9 or whatever really were something special

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Teik fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 18, 2019

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

It really isn't a preachy episode though. She doesn't change anyone's mind but her own. It and "The Old Man and the Lisa" are probably the worst Lisa episodes of the classic era though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It really isn't a preachy episode though. She doesn't change anyone's mind but her own. It and "The Old Man and the Lisa" are probably the worst Lisa episodes of the classic era though.

Obviously they couldn’t have the Simpsons become rich but Lisa not taking the money always felt dumb/not funny to me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Actually, The Old Man And The Lisa is a great Burns's episode

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Duffless has a great Lisa/Bart B-plot.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

That Troy McClure didn't win is a testament to how far this country has fallen

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The best character is stamp the ticket man.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

spaceblancmange posted:

The best character is stamp the ticket man.

Nah it's the Charles Bronson dude

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also isn't the lesson she learns in Vegetarian specifically not to preach at everyone?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Obviously they couldn’t have the Simpsons become rich but Lisa not taking the money always felt dumb/not funny to me.

Again, going back to comedy beats, the way and timing of how Homer keels over after Lisa rejects the money is :discourse:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

pablo gbscobar posted:

"Wiseguy" is the name the writers had for him when he popped up

they called Snake "Jailbird" when I always just knew him as Snake so I dunno

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I'm pretty sure that sideshow bob refers to him as Leo and Raphael at various times, idk what that's about :shrug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

pablo gbscobar posted:

Actually it's the Frank Nelson "Ehhhyeeeeeeessss?" guy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Again, going back to comedy beats, the way and timing of how Homer keels over after Lisa rejects the money is :discourse:

(chuckling) well, that's the first case I've ever seen of a man suffering four simultaneous heart attacks