Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I try to beat guys atleast at level 30 and I always do Ebony Maw at 40 with Scarlet while I build up more levels because I think the chests are worth it. If I’m trying to beat things quick there’s a lot of combinations that crush Proxima at 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I like that by barrier to higher wbu levels is not having certain bads

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm at 145 with all universal chars at T2+, and can take him with T3 Sharon, 70 Captain Marvel (should hit T3 tonight or tomorrow after titan component packs), and I throw in T3 Cap as my third though he doesnt do much other than tank some hits. Level 1 UWB Thanos isn't too bad, Carol and Sharon both shred his hp bar, but I usually lose a bunch of their hp to some of the attacks and usually get one caught in the first black order wombo combo where you have to avoid the stun fires while running away from the purple circles. Whichever one doesnt die to that usually finishes him off pretty quickly if I remember not to get caught in the meteors mid ability. I'm expecting T3 Carol to be able to solo him with some support but could be wrong. Swapping chars does make the homing balls disappear, before I found that I was trying to tank them with Sharon's 3 which relies on Thanos being attackable, which he isn't always.

Most Thanos and Supergiant nights I just obliterate poor 5 ebony maw, I should probably bump it a few tiers since he's so trivial now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, the conversation inspired me to try again instead of just taking the easy 1s.

My Raid Level is 168. Today was a Proxima Daily Bonus. Reed took down 33 (which was above my Raid Level). Cap and Deadpool took down 30. Quicksilver took down 20. Black Panther, Luna, Winter Soldier, War Machine, and Wolverine all failed to take down 20 with different combos until I got frustrated and just took down a 1. Maybe buying Quicksilver's costume soon would bump him up to 30. Luna and BP to T3 might bust them up to 20-30. BP does more damage but Luna has self healing so its a toss up. We'll see. I suspect Wolverine might go T3 with this next update.

I didn't get any bonus boxes, sadly.

We'll see how long I can maintain the patience to make it a fight. It really does come down to if I'm having fun playing or just finishing chores before bed.

I'm still probably not gonna bother with Thanos. gently caress that guy.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Luna sucks at Proxima. 70 Quicksilver with a costume would probably be your easiest clear, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She was doing ok at 20 but I bailed because she clearly wasn't going to do enough damage before the clock ran out. BP had the opposite. Lots of damage but one good hit on him and he was in trouble. So figure its a toss up of if Luna gets more damage to match her healing or BP gets enough damage bump to compensate for the lack of healing (alternatively I should give him some defense and recovery urus).

But like I said, I'm betting Wolverine gets the T3 bump with this next update and I bet he'll be the new hotness for physical damage.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Newest update sneak peek looks like another Shadowland expansion. Doesn't really seem to fit the theme!

Edit: Oh gently caress if they add CCFs to it I'll have to actually do Shadowland again

Zokari fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 16, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah probably some ccfs and like 20 xmen bios a week or something

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That would get me going. Still clearing all 30 floors weekly.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Also I feel like it goes without saying when we’re talking WBU that everyone is using anti venom as a striker if your main doesn’t have regen.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i always use antivenom as a striker, even if im using deadpool

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I default with Anti-Venom and Ancient One as strikers and then the other three spots are either dodgers, attack bonuses, or something else depending on the boss and needs. I've debated even throwing Baby Groot into the mix to see if his regeneration pops up.

I gave Thanos a go today since he came up as the daily bonus. Took him down with no frills teams. Deadpool, Cable, and Domino. Reed, Sue, and Johnny. Wanda, Quicksilver, and Magneto. Sharon, Luna, and Crescent. Struggled with the 5th but took it with Santana, Jean, and Ghost Panther. Its totally doable and the key seems to be just to run like hell away from all his attacks, try not to get pegged, and do as much damage as you can when you're not running. I'm still not sure its worth it since it took like 2-3 minutes each where i could have done Proxima or Corvus at 1 in 10 seconds or worked for a 30. But I concede its definitely doable.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Proxima or Corvus at 1 in 10 seconds

How

90% of the time in fights is either the stupid cutscenes or waiting for them to cut off the bs and be hittable

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

How

90% of the time in fights is either the stupid cutscenes or waiting for them to cut off the bs and be hittable

You get beefy enough dudes to run against them, and your level gets up high enough I guess, you can burn right through their cutscene trigger levels. Psylocke against Black Dwarf, for example, alternate between 6 and 5 and it just freezes him most of the time and he almost never does anything offensive if you can time it right.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its basically just my T3s and maxed out Level 70 T2s plus my Raid Level that can take out 20s-30s barreling through the 1s like a train. 10 seconds was a bit of hyperbole but its doable, especially with like Wanda and Deadpool. Reed and Thor too, and I suspect my new T3 Cap Marvel but I just got her. The key is you have to hit them so hard and so fast that they don't even have to time to get their cutscene skills off.

Proxima's the easiest with it, since even if she gets those bolts at the top of the screen I can usually just keep hitting and kill her before they hurt me. Corvus is easy to kill but you gotta wait for him to regenerate. But with Wanda is basically "4*, die, 4*, die, 4*, win." Same with Deadpool and his 5*. Ebony's tougher to beat his iframes and that meteor shower but not impossible. Dwarf isn't impossible with Wanda but he's tougher with most of the rest.

I already did my WBU today or else I'd try. 10 seconds was definitely a little hyperbole but its totally doable. Reality is probably more like 15-30 seconds. If it takes me more than 30 I actually get kind of annoyed. Its pointless but kind of fun.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 17, 2019

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Ok 20-30 is reasonable and my guys can do that as long as I do slam through the cutscene triggers

10 was making me all feel bad man

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its definitely possible with the big T3s, but yeah, its probably more like 15-30 seconds and 10 is just the fist pump number.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

eventually youll hit a raid level where hulkling can do it in 10 seconds

its inevitable

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I have grinder up 4 Rank 6 Black Anti Matter. Who do I use them on, Thanos or Doom?

My head says six star Thanos as they'll buff him for Endgame.
My heart says Doom as I love the not so good Doctor.

Thoughts?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I love Doom, but I'm disappointed in his 6. It looks cool but seems to do almost no damage at all so I don't get it. Maybe there's a trick to it, but it's like you launch a giant missile and then have to go stand next to the enemy so it knows where to land and blast, which seems absurd. "Let me make sure I am standing right where my bomb will do the most damage." It doesn't damage HIM, but it's like a lot of cut scene hullaballoo for nothing.

I'd go for Thanos.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa18FbHpq-g

t3 logan paul

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Can anyone here that got the MRUT from Beast's Lab in the X-Men epic quests confirm that the Portable Device for the Image Inducer really does come from Friends and Enemies? I've been doing that tracking mission every day since those Collections came out, and I haven't gotten it yet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I got it. Now this is going to sound crazy but here is how I got it.

Normally I just auto clear all the bio missions in the Epic Quests one by one.
So I do all the Thing Missions, then the Human Torch and work my way through. So start with the Thing, finish with Cyclops.

And doing it that way got me most of the Epic Quests, but I reached a point where I never seemed to get all the ones.

So what I did when I got to the X-men pack instead of doing Rogue first, than Beast than Storm and Cyclops, I started changing the order I cleared them in.
When I did that I got the Image Inducer.

But you can get it from auto clearing the mission and not just running the mission like it was a shifter.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't gotten that one yet but I hit a similar stagnation and thought changing up my autoclear habit and doing autoruns might change my luck. That seems silly and like a placebo to me but I did soon after finish the Torch one.

Really I just think some of them drop super rarely and you just gotta keep plugging until it's done.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I got the MRUT, and the lovely part is from Beast's stage. It's just lovely. Probably in the neighborhood of five thousand energy I flushed into that stage before finally getting it. It's just RNG.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Alright, I'll just get it when I get it then. I'm going to be running the X-Men epic quests all the time anyway since it seems like they're the only ones that have a chance of giving two bios, not including the Dr Strange stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Domino/Fantomax and Torch/Thing ones do too. But yeah, they're the best bang for your buck if you're playing for random bios because you're guaranteed at least 1 each play.

Wolverine's gonna be useful again this time tomorrow! I'm kind of excited.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If the others do, then they do it at a much, much lower rate because I've never seen it happen and it happens every time I clear the X-Men tracking missions. Doesn't matter a whole lot since I'm just using them for Wolverine anyway.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Patch notes are up.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1506699

Warpath is a Dimensions Rift character. Juggernaut is X-gene subscriber. Sabertooth looks like being a pack only aka Emma Frost. I think.

Wolverine's uniform looks like it has the bonuses from both the AoA and Marvel Now uniforms, making them completely irrelevant.

Deadpool's boost his healing. I'm not sure it could be further boosted, but there you go.

New Shadowlands has an extra 30 floors. That's madness. I'm not sure we have enough characters to clear that. I guess you just use single characters on the lower floors.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 19, 2019

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ho ho ho yesssssss. Hope they get really generous with the prizes at the top.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its gonna be random chests

other than the red iso8s its all useful stuff and some of it is great

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo, 60 Shadowland floors? That's nuts.

I mean, kudos because I guess they figured out how to make it a challenge to those with beefy rosters. Just make it last forever.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does it say 30 extra? I skimmed the note but it seemed like infinite rounds after 30 until you run out of characters, or was there a cap listed that I missed?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it sounds infinite. I was just posting based on The Question IRL's recap before going and reading the notes myself. Sounds like for some reason they added a 31st level and after that you just keep playing increasingly more difficult floors collecting chips.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The patch notes say "we've added more than 30 floors." Which implies floors 31-60+.
And then they talk about Infinite Shadowlands.

Now maybe they mean that after you complete floor 30, you can run remixed versions of the previous 30 floors on harder difficulties and they've screwed up on translation. Who knows.
We will learn on Thursday when Shadowlands resets.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I guess that King Of The Hill mode post Shadowlands is gone?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the notes specifically said King of the Hill remains.

My reading is that you do Shadowlands 30 (or 31) floors and then both King of the Hill and Infinite Mode open up. I'm assuming Infinite Mode is a continuation of the floors so if you used Wanda to take down Floor 29 she won't be available. But I don't think that was actually said.

So yeah, just gonna have to wait and burn through Shadowlands and see what happens.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

The patch notes say "we've added more than 30 floors." Which implies floors 31-60+.
And then they talk about Infinite Shadowlands.

Now maybe they mean that after you complete floor 30, you can run remixed versions of the previous 30 floors on harder difficulties and they've screwed up on translation. Who knows.
We will learn on Thursday when Shadowlands resets.

yeah theyve added infinity floors, so its both. there are more than 31 floors now and they added more than 31

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

eventually youll hit a raid level where hulkling can do it in 10 seconds

its inevitable

Either you die a hero or live long enough to main Hulkling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I know the achievement chests don't always have the greatest loot, but 5 clear tickets? Maybe I just don't remember the other achievement chests being so bad because I got most of them at once.