Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Hellsau posted:

lol rip SEA players

Yes. And now my account is trapped in that hell I don’t play this game anymore. Which is probably a good thing, so I guess I’m hoping they never introduce roaming so I’ll never have a reason to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Frontlines isn't as good as I though it would be for grinding out modules on stock tanks. If I can make captain it's a good game with my stock centurian and vk 45.02a combo.

It's sickening to click battle and see the number of arty in cue is more than all other classes combined.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

Frontlines isn't as good as I though it would be for grinding out modules on stock tanks. If I can make captain it's a good game with my stock centurian and vk 45.02a combo.

It's sickening to click battle and see the number of arty in cue is more than all other classes combined.

Yeah Frontlines wasn't as good as I remembered it. It's definitely a mode where you can't just drive any tank at any time, you need to drive specific tanks to have success. So much for grinding out my 8s without running into tier 10s constantly!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

2Jets posted:

The first week wasnt too bad for arty but I guess everyones realised its the fastest way to min/max your prestige now.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
As one of the cancer arty people, I mostly played my M43 when I died or wanted to die (on attack) switched to my Progetto and Lorraine.
It looks like it took me 19 hours to get from prestige 2, rank26 to prestige 4.

Get engineering.

For those of you who only want the secret tank reward, that one is 15 points, you need to hit prestige 7 for that. But here's the thing, prestige 7/8 reward 3 points, 9 rewards 4 points, 10 rewards 6 points. Once you reach prestige 7 you might as well get to 10 and buy the Emil and the secret tank.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
all the good players quit im marking tanks left n right now, this week iv got 3 on the skorp g, amx 12t, a45 and m4 revolse

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
idk why but it double posted

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 14, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

all the good players quit im marking tanks left n right now, this week iv got 3 on the skorp g, amx 12t, a45 and m4 revolse

you're welcome

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Tahirovic posted:

As one of the cancer arty people, I mostly played my M43 when I died or wanted to die (on attack) switched to my Progetto and Lorraine.
It looks like it took me 19 hours to get from prestige 2, rank26 to prestige 4.

Get engineering.

For those of you who only want the secret tank reward, that one is 15 points, you need to hit prestige 7 for that. But here's the thing, prestige 7/8 reward 3 points, 9 rewards 4 points, 10 rewards 6 points. Once you reach prestige 7 you might as well get to 10 and buy the Emil and the secret tank.

Again, you gotta read the fine print. You don't just need the 15 points for the tier 9 secret tank. You NEED to hit prestige 10 AND spend 15 points to unlock it.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

So generous of Wargaming to allow us to have fun for 7 days out of the month :worship:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Played a couple more rounds of Frontline and actually winning in the majority of the games I played. 90% of it almost all being attack but anyways:

It's nice to have a bit of a respawn feature when I can think a bit more about what can I bring to the table and hopefully re-counter what killed me. Surprisingly it usually boils down to getting in a wheeled tank (EBR 75), staying concealed as best you can on the red line, then jab your turrent up their rear end from behind and just punish them. It never fails!

e-

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 15, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HHNNNNGGGFFFFF

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
ITS A BAD HABIT I KNOW poo poo

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Why can't they just make +0-0 match making respawning and bigger maps? Frontlines is a success because of those things. Why dose WG hate fun?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

2Jets posted:

Why can't they just make +0-0 match making respawning and bigger maps? Frontlines is a success because of those things. Why dose WG hate fun?

because they have data that shows they make more money with the current system, and because corporations are stupid they will believe their data and metrics no matter how little sense they make

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

2Jets posted:

Hellsau posted:

wargaming doesn't want you to have fun

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Race car mans in frontline owns. Also remember winning is pointless, just farm the rank points.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i finally got a lucky game in my lynx where the enemy doesnt focus on me so i just shoot the tanks you know, finally able to get ace i think i enjoy it a bit more if i can get more games like that lol http://wotreplays.eu/site/4812424#siegfried_line-turmoilx-panhard_aml_lynx_6x6

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Pro tip for wheeled vehicles. Wargaming gave them hesh shells. Or similar in mechanics anyway. This is great in frontlines because the lynx has a 90mm gun. That also means its he shell has a 90mm pen. If you are on the assault, just go full ham. You can just devour enemy light tanks with it. Between it and the premium, frontline assault is nearly broken now. I just had a game where there was always 3 or 4 light/wheeled vehicles around me. There was some of the others as well, but the light tank mix was hilarious. The enemy was trying to put up a defense for it, but just couldn't do it. Team ended with 3 generals for us and a win.

FYI, that also means the t10 has a 105mm pen he shell. Make sure your wheeled vehicles actually have a decent rack of he shells as they aren't a joke shell on them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I played 3 games of frontlines and i've already had enough again.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Lynx having a 90mm gun for HE round shooting is why I think its much better than the premium tank. 75mm of pen is still really good but that extra 15mm of pen really seems to help you get through thin armor but with angles.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

I played 3 games of frontlines and i've already had enough again.
Yep. It's 1v59, which is even more frustrating and exhausting.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Oh my god it's a 50% XP weekend - for every battle, so long as you're in the Top 10...and your team *wins*. :negative:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

because they have data that shows they make more money with the current system, and because corporations are stupid they will believe their data and metrics no matter how little sense they make

I still don't understand their logic. The game is more profitable for them if tanks are bottom tier because...they have to fire more premium shells? Because you have to play more battles?

The shells thing made sense back when they were only available for gold, but they got rid of that because that was the most P2W thing about the game (technically there were ways to earn gold without paying real money.) Now that everything "premium" is credits-only there's little justification for it being a moneymaker that way (some players will still pay cash for stuff anyway, others will still play for free.)

The "more battles" argument doesn't quite pan out either, because shooting higher-tier vehicles is more profitable, and they have more HP as well. If you were just fighting your own tier you might have to play at least as many battles to grind through, and you're still going to play premium tanks because buying new tanks still costs millions of credits.

I don't think the game is actually more profitable for WG than it would be with same-tier MM. It would certainly be easier to balance and more fun to play, that's for sure.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

even though it flies in the face of common sense and human decency, wargaming deliberately hobbled their matchmaker and make matches take longer to form in order to reduce the number of same-tier matches, which are the matches that are the most fair and the easiest for the matchmaker to form

presumably they had data to push them towards that, and that data is presumably very wrong, but that's what they went with

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Right, the worst parts about 3/5/7 are that it's the preference, regardless of how many tanks are in the queue (presumably there are gluts at tiers 10 and 8, particularly, and all-10 and all-8 matches would be logical to help clear those out,) and that it penalizes platoons because gently caress you that's why.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everything makes more sense when you realise that their super testers, and thus primary source of feedback are almost all uniformly terrible players.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My client freezes upon loading, so it looks like the game doesn't even want me to play today.

Good times, I guess.

/edit: Doesn't even start in "safe mode", odd

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 16, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My client freezes upon loading, so it looks like the game doesn't even want me to play today.

Good times, I guess.

/edit: Doesn't even start in "safe mode", odd

There was a micro patch yesterday, reset your mods.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

There was a micro patch yesterday, reset your mods.

I didn't even play since the last patch, I reinstalled all mods from scratch before even booting up.

I deleted my Wargaming folder in appdata, and suddenly the game ran, albeit with vanilla settings (ugh).

Loaded into a Frontline match, and the button said "reduced performance". Sure enough, settings were down to minimum, and poo poo didn't even render until you zoomed in to like 20m, and everything was choppy as hell, despite running at 160+ fps. And the game wasn't even in safe mode :confused:

Still finished as Major with 9k damage :downs:

/edit:

I guess it's now happening in all game modes. Really loving odd. I guess all graphics were set to minimum because of my appdata-flush, but why in god's name is the game choppy at minimum performance and - somehow - max fps?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 16, 2019

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I didn't even play since the last patch, I reinstalled all mods from scratch before even booting up.

I deleted my Wargaming folder in appdata, and suddenly the game ran, albeit with vanilla settings (ugh).

Loaded into a Frontline match, and the button said "reduced performance". Sure enough, settings were down to minimum, and poo poo didn't even render until you zoomed in to like 20m, and everything was choppy as hell, despite running at 160+ fps. And the game wasn't even in safe mode :confused:

Still finished as Major with 9k damage :downs:

/edit:

I guess it's now happening in all game modes. Really loving odd. I guess all graphics were set to minimum because of my appdata-flush, but why in god's name is the game choppy at minimum performance and - somehow - max fps?

Sounds like they turned on Russian Toaster PC mode for you. :/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Packet loss I'm guessing. Network quality influenced performance for me back in the day, because Wargaming, so maybe you're getting hit by that?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, I'm okay with it. I figured I'd play a couple of frontline matches over the weekend to see if it scratches the itch, but this is the good lord telling me to not play tanks, I guess.

Bummed Satisfactory doesn't drop until Tuesday,

Hellsau posted:

Packet loss I'm guessing. Network quality influenced performance for me back in the day, because Wargaming, so maybe you're getting hit by that?

Nah, it definitely is something with the local performance, just nothing I've experienced before. I'll update my graphics drivers and see if that fixes anything tomorrow. Gonna play some feelgood Rise to Ruins in the meantime.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

unlocked the Excalibur :toot:

the other two are never happening

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4815187#malinovka-turmoilx-vk_100_01_p 3k 4k 3k ace GG fun tank once you get top engine if you watch thats my new tactic to make my team win (its worked the game before this one and this one) ..

so i had given up on trying today and just been rushing enemies and stuff because the teams tilted me so much and ace'd the 268v4 FINALLY http://wotreplays.eu/site/4815238#karelia-turmoilx-object_268_version_4 with a very BOB play as the EU's would say (worth watching imo) the arty player on my team even reminded me that someone was behind me which i had not noticed, if he didnt say thing i woulda died like a fly

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 18, 2019

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

In Frontlines, my team just camped an attacking team into their spawn. They managed to cap B and C, but that was it. I sat in the cap at A in a Obj. 252U so they couldn't even start capping it. :mmmhmm:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Why isn't there a bonus in frontlines for the defender team for keeping the other team from even touching the objectives? So stupid. SO STUPID.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welp, I hit Prestige 4, so now I can only gain one Prestige level each month. That will cut down on the grinding and now I can skip two months or get the rewards 2 months early.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Hey, is there a discord for eurogoons playing tonks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
tier 10 is hot garbage. that is all.