Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Feenix posted:

What’s the market like for selling built sets locally (like on Craigslist)? I assume it’s reduced even more, but do any of you have much experience selling prebuilt sets?

I’ve done all my selling that way (except for you guys) I use the Bricklink recent sales/current sales of used sets for prices. Figure that if someone wants a set that buying local will save them shipping. I also knock off a % for multiple sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is pretty neat.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/9af5661d-d8a0-42a3-a2fc-43b6c5e9c56f

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
That honestly looks too good for Lego Ideas, but I would totally buy it. I do find it funny that they recommended me this Idea right under the Tea Garden:

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
This is a fun Ideas project that takes Space in a different direction. I really dig the classic serial style.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b38c3118-8c2e-4221-912c-28c48616d8f5

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, that's a great looking set. I just wish someone had actually built it to see how that bridge worked in reality. Any time you use those bendable tube parts, things can get weird.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That owns and now I just want a Futurama set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, that's a great looking set. I just wish someone had actually built it to see how that bridge worked in reality. Any time you use those bendable tube parts, things can get weird.

Yeah not to mention how strange the angle is on the bridge. no one could ever walk over it. Really like it other than that though. You can tell they were very influenced by a lot of the build techniques from Ninjago City.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Apparently through Sunday, Lego stores have build-a-minifigure for 50% off after a $40 purchase, and they may have had a recent part refresh that includes parts that have never been in a set before.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NickThorn posted:

This is a fun Ideas project that takes Space in a different direction. I really dig the classic serial style.

I don't super love the "mouth" but that is a heckin' cool set

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah not to mention how strange the angle is on the bridge. no one could ever walk over it. Really like it other than that though. You can tell they were very influenced by a lot of the build techniques from Ninjago City.

GIS 'tea garden bridge'

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well I’ll be damned.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Well I’ll be damned.

We walked over one in San Francisco when we were on vacation, really awkward but worth the experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NickThorn posted:

What is the helmet from on the cycle version of this?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty neat, but should have picked colors and/or a cockpit that didnt immediately evoke Futurama's ship.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Figured I'd ask here before I buy this, but I want to grab a display case for my Millennium Falcon UCS. I found this one and I've seen some reviews online that say it's pretty good, but is anyone aware of any other cases I should look into before pulling the trigger?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Personally for almost 200 dollars I’d expect a more elegant solution than plexiglass and holding the whole thing together with clips like that. You could probably make something yourself extremely easily for like $20 by just cutting some plates of plexiglass.

Then again I’m the guy who spent $80 on a 20 dollar lepin stand for mine because I didn’t want to wait three months for it to come via Aliexpress or put the effort into sourcing the parts myself lol.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Well poo poo, I got the two sets I ordered on eBay; 76080 Ayesha's Revenge and 76079 Ravager Attack. The first box looked fine but the second one felt a little... strange? Like, it was in a damp environment or something and the box wore down, it was also crushed but I chocked that up to USPS. The Lego tape was still there so I thought nothing of it until I opened it. Opening it I discovered there was no instructions/comic that was supposed to be in there and there were 2 bag 1s, being a smaller set I wouldn't think it'd need a second bag 1. I searched up the instructions online and started. When it came time for bag 2 there were two giant yellow pieces that definitely weren't part of the set and there was a Starlord minifig... who isn't part of the set. I checked the other bag (the second bag 1) and there was an Ayesha minifig who definitely wasn't part of the set. The bags were from the other set I ordered, but both of these came from different sellers and the other box was mint with all bags and literature in it.

So, I've definitely been bamboozled and I'm kinda pissed because I can't finish the set up but I do have the two minifigs from the set that I wanted (Mantis/Tazerface) the rest was just going to be bonus stuff. Should I just take the L to keep the figs or return it and try and get another set from someone else? I only paid $30 for it and getting the figures by themselves would cost just as much.

Killed my whole mood to do LEGO tonight. :smith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Open a claim with ebay. They will charge the seller for return shipping and give you a label. Once the package is confirmed to have arrived, they will credit you back.

This is assuming the seller doesn't just outright refund you.

Ebay does a very good job of protecting buyers nowadays.

It's a headache, but you'll get your $ back.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pretty neat, but should have picked colors and/or a cockpit that didnt immediately evoke Futurama's ship.

Huh, I just see Thunderbird 2.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

veni veni veni posted:

Personally for almost 200 dollars I’d expect a more elegant solution than plexiglass and holding the whole thing together with clips like that. You could probably make something yourself extremely easily for like $20 by just cutting some plates of plexiglass.

Then again I’m the guy who spent $80 on a 20 dollar lepin stand for mine because I didn’t want to wait three months for it to come via Aliexpress or put the effort into sourcing the parts myself lol.

Those are screws, unless you're referring to the base?

https://brickset.com/article/31089/review-pure-display-case-for-the-millennium-falcon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah, yeah I can see that better in that pic. The drilled holes looked like some sort of 45 degree clips in the other ones.

I'm just surprised that at that price point it wouldn't be fabricated to not have visible hardware all over.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Steamboat Willie available on April 1st. 89.99 USD.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Steamboat-Willy-21317

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kefkafloyd posted:

Ouch, that’s loving pricey.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, 120$ Canadian. That seems like a lot of for the size.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's impossible for me to look at that and not think it's a greyscale image.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

The_Doctor posted:

Ouch, that’s loving pricey.

Yeah, $90 for 750ish pieces is way overpriced. The Flintstones set has a similar piece count and costs $60. For another disney reference, WALL-E was 676 pieces with a MSRP of $60.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I thought we didn't value sets on part count now. It's all box weight.

(because 90% of sets now are tiny 1x1 specialty pieces)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

It releases on the 1st of April. Maybe it's a joke? :smith:

It looks brilliant though. :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The biggest Overwatch set, Watchpoint Gibraltar is comparable; 730 pieces at the same price. (Although it certainly looks way bigger.)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Darth TNT posted:

It releases on the 1st of April. Maybe it's a joke? :smith:

It looks brilliant though. :(

The two exclusive mini figs are pushing the price up $30

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Amazon/Walmart will eventually have it 15-20% off. Now that they’re selling so many toys through big box retailers with the death of toys r us they follow a dynamic you see there a lot. The msrp will be a little higher, so that when they need to flush inventory they “mark it down” and clear the shelves at the normal price and people still think they’re getting a deal. If it sells poorly the true markdown will be closer to 50% like you saw with the adventure time ideas set.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

kefkafloyd posted:

This owns and the sad part is I'm mostly buying it for the white guitar. gently caress it though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally found a decent price on Vader's tie with Vader and Tarkin, which was all I ever wanted from that set. Awesome little ship. Actually more substantial than I was expecting. Should have been able to buy it like this instead of with that corny Rebels A-Wing for a ludicrous price in the first place. Clearly the guy who I bought it from knew what was up and just bucketed the A-Wing with the goofy rear end giant guns and the rainbow haired lady.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That’s actually the Vader’s TIE I have out because it’s the most well built but I would like them to come out with a more properly scaled one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This review of the Steamboat Willie set shows a little of where all that money is going.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

That’s actually the Vader’s TIE I have out because it’s the most well built but I would like them to come out with a more properly scaled one.

Is it off scale? looks pretty good to me.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Just finished parting out my Executor; it's got everything except the interior stickers. Anyone interested before I track down a new sticker sheet and throw it on ebay? Probably $600 with shipping included.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

something seems a bit off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003