Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
They do at least list the fees, it's $200 for a booth and no cut, pretty standard. My real doubt at this point is that it's at a nearby convention center, which doesn't (yet) have it on their calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

When's it supposed to be?

I've barely been able to do any drawing in a week, everything is in boxes for moving house and it's driving me insane. I miss my toys!

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
war to the wicked, woe to the weak, death to the white supremacist creep

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

New Games Workshop slogan?

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
i think ive well and truly gotten to a point id call mad, i dont think ive once slept properly in the past ten years and my mental dispositions combined with a recent medicinal marijuana habit (overall for the better but its not made me more normal) have just thrown me into this place where my regard for social norms has been well withered and i basically exist in a white-hot state of passion about morality (i wouldnt call it much a high ground) and a deep skepticism bordering on innocence of the layers of social artifice above that

but also literally anything more complicated about me is probably 95% artifice at this point. id be worried about the person at the core if id ever really believed that person existed? idk, i basically exist in this space now where i am exquisitely engaged in a performance but ive never felt better about what im doing because ive got a plan even if its a really goddamn stupid one

ive always wanted to be a creator, and not just in the sense of a title and acknowledgement and poo poo, in fact honestly that poo poo sounds scary and id hate it, but just, i have things that come to me that i must make real and this lovely fleshframe is not an adequate vessel for actually getting anywhere w that and it fuckin rends my soul. i have stupid poo poo i want to reify and ive spent the last 5 years just lying dazed on the ground by my continual harsh lessons with regards to reality as it is

am i allowed to call myself an artist when i literally only have the energy to make shitposts? i hope so. i have no idea why i am the way i am

also a crow is trying to get my attention i must go dispense roasted peanut

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
the shitposter must come with violence in their self of selves. they must splay the guts of their enemy with no weapon but their heartstrings. their lips must spit sweet music that pulverizes their enemies, and their eyes must tell a brain-cleaving tale of loneliness. they must quench the sword of their tongue in the love of their enemies.

read your psalms and spasms daily, defeat the grand adversary called "i" and realize you are a maladjusted ape in a world that moves so swiftly around you it blisters your mind. the world that we know will end with or without us

petty witch fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 19, 2019

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
:hmmyes:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
If you feel that you meatcage is too flawed to create your perfect vision, please consider describing said vision to a much more accomplished artist, then paying them money to achieve your goal.

This makes you a designer, which is just one step off being a creator. Even sculptors get professionals to do the casting.

Also pics of the crow plz.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
sadly, i live in profound poverty in a capitalist world. i am limited to these hands. i will try get pictures of the crows but they are rightfully wary creatures

petty witch fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 20, 2019

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

i care much less for the pigeons. theyre cute in a dumb brainless way, but theyre not even strong enough to open a peanut w the shell on? no burning fire of will within these soft birds at all, they are marshmallows. their only virtue is their utter willingness to investigate all possibilities of food, and even in that theyre still the Fool of birds

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
fat, lazy prey species of the urban jungle

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

petty witch posted:

am i allowed to call myself an artist when i literally only have the energy to make shitposts? i hope so. i have no idea why i am the way i am

poo poo posts are just poems my friend, it might help to buy a little book and fill it with them, see your writing build physical form instead of sending them downstream online. Even when the work comes hard, do not forget your vision because vision is rare.

I hope you start to feel better.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Living in poverty is like 2/3 of being an artist right there.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Pigeons get a bad rap for no reason, they're good friends and built for carrying letters and not being smart or smarmy 'cause a bird with a will would try and peck through your finger to find the treat inside.
Here is a comic I made of pigeons.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
crows are sky cats and pigeons are sky kittens

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
James joyce was nuts and wrote the longest craziest book of all time and now theres a meat pie named after him in irish restaurants, i assume

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
I like pigeons.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Pigeons are just doves that are the wrong colour.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
crows are like sky toddlers, they will eat just about everything that can be eaten and there is nothing you can do to interfere in this

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

pigeons are skymice.
seagulls are skyrats.
crows are crows.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Seagulls really are the worst. Just.. terrible. The worst bird.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

i never got the hate on these birds. i was never harnessed or even pooped at by a seagull. I guess i'm lucky.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
The worst bird is the one that decided it wanted to be a bird instead of a dinosaur. After that all birds are good.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
seagulls are dump ducks

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
When I was a child at the zoo with a friend, we managed to pester the adults for a sweet refreshing glass of coke (soda being a rare treat). As we enjoyed our cold drinks on a warm day, one of the seagulls prowling the area for food to steal swooped down over us and planted a poop straight into the friend's glass of coke.

It was kind of amazing, but what a dick move.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sharpest Crayon posted:

When I was a child at the zoo with a friend, we managed to pester the adults for a sweet refreshing glass of coke (soda being a rare treat). As we enjoyed our cold drinks on a warm day, one of the seagulls prowling the area for food to steal swooped down over us and planted a poop straight into the friend's glass of coke.

It was kind of amazing, but what a dick move.

This is a power move and deserves respect

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
we should arm the crows and help them to drive the sea gulls back into the sea/landfill

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

gently caress if i know what i'm doing creatively lol

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

right now my shitposts are like my entire creative output, the rest of the time i'm just, loving, idk

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

this is a terrible time

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
why do the people who make programs for making stuff w a computer make them so complicated this is bullshit and discrimination against the incurably moronic

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
am i allowed to start a religion as an act of artixtic expression? i wanna make a shrine for the crows

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Crow shrine sounds pretty badass to me. Do I get a pet crow for converting, or just get eaten by them when I die?

e: Oh, a shrine for crows. Also cool and badass, I look forward to seeing your corvid army in the near future.

lofi fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 28, 2019

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
crows rule

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
so do pigeons, our native pigeons here have little crests like cockatiels and it's perfect

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Pidgeons never die, they just slowly lose more bits until there's nothing left. The lost bits grow into new pidgeons.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

lofi posted:

Pidgeons never die, they just slowly lose more bits until there's nothing left. The lost bits grow into new pidgeons.
freshly hatched pigeons absolutely look like a horrifying wad of something recently detached from a body! the european ones are the worst because they're born with this kind of sparse sickly yellow down and their skin is a weird colour, the crested ones are just a wizened grey warped-looking little tangle of strange (born with a single stunted feather on their head pointing straight upward, which later develops into their mighty horn). and yet they're also the most beautiful creatures to ever exist on the earth

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
(i have a crested pigeon nesting in my tree as we speak, every time i go outside i'm being watched defiantly by orange eyes)

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

nankeen posted:

(i have a crested pigeon nesting in my tree as we speak, every time i go outside i'm being watched defiantly by orange eyes)

this is why i love birds so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
My most vivid childhood memory is seeing a hawk chase a pigeon through the air, maneuvering over it, driving it down to the ground, where it stood on top of it and stared at us defiantly. Daycare lady ushered us away so we don't disturb the hawk. An hour later, walking past that same spot, there was nothing but blood and feathers and a pigeon head on the ground. Metal af.