Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

G Duel Flying has a few solid candidates for Arena Core Cheerleaders. Reyson and Airzura are both dancers, and Reyson being inexplicably demoted while Velouria/Kaden remain locked at 5* means he'll be easier to merge up. Camilla is fine support for a flying core if you've invested in that. Any of the other f2p options would probably be alright if they inherit something like Hagoita+ or Ardent Service+ to give them more support capability.

Anyway, I'll probably hope for a free Bruno since Cav Healers are always useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Bruno not being drawn by Kozaki is blowing my mind up!! How is that legal?!!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well they kept Loki's vagina bones.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Loki actually looks really good. Giving me Morrigan vibes.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

bobjr posted:

Bruno's shirt explodes when he's damaged.

bobjr posted:

Well they kept Loki's vagina bones.

dangerous levels of horny in this batch of heroes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the bunnies seem ok

lol @ that Loki

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/Jt8k38H.png

critical levels of horny

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
[sign saying "no hornies allowed"]

"...well, we're allowed one"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay that damage art looks kinda rear end

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ungulateman posted:

[sign saying "no hornies allowed"]

"...well, we're allowed one"

intsys: we said draw a bunny person
loki's artist: well this is embarrassing

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In other news, sales of Gatorade products have increased by 250%.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I want them all!
Also what's up with the fanservice heavy characters being free? First Camilla now Loki. Not that I'm complaining mind you. But they seem like easy banner bait.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Play more AR and get grails for these ''''free'''' characters!'

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How many units that specifically counter Surtr are they going to release?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
As many as units created to counter Reinhardt

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Pureauthor posted:

'Play more AR and get grails for these ''''free'''' characters!'

That's pretty interesting, actually. If a whale wants to get a +10 Loki, now they'll need a billion grails, which means they'll probably have to whale even more to get the perfect AR team. So rather than being "free" like it seems to us peasants, to whales it's actually an incentive for exponentially more whaling! Sneaky, Nintendo, very sneaky!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ironically a good strategy. Good for them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
loki is too in-your-face with her horniness imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You grail income isn't actually that much more in higher AR tiers.

I find the grail rate pretty reasonable these days. Aversa was released a bit before November and I'm already nearing +10 on her. That's way faster than a normal project for me.

It's probably more annoying with TT units though since you get less free copies of those.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 18, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the fact that grail characters come at 4* feels kind of absurd for projects though it's fine for ones you take one of for fodder. Like you're already saving up one slow-gain resource, why do they make you do a second one too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

the fact that grail characters come at 4* feels kind of absurd for projects though it's fine for ones you take one of for fodder. Like you're already saving up one slow-gain resource, why do they make you do a second one too

They probably didn't want to increase your 5* rate with grails. Got to keep the rate slow to make you spend cash.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

That's pretty interesting, actually. If a whale wants to get a +10 Loki, now they'll need a billion grails, which means they'll probably have to whale even more to get the perfect AR team. So rather than being "free" like it seems to us peasants, to whales it's actually an incentive for exponentially more whaling! Sneaky, Nintendo, very sneaky!

I wonder how good that works out, though. With a few good units, and some luck, I'm in tier 20 with a prospect of ~60 grails. If I was to go turbo whale and have the best possible set ups for Tier 27 top 1k I'm only getting another ~20 per week. That will add up, but it's still pretty marginal and getting the 2700 grails needed for the 9 other [character]s, much less any of the others, will take a while.

maybe the mysterious April mode will be very whale friendly to people who want grails

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Anna alt never.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I like how they fit Loki’s bunny ears into her weird hat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I made it into T23 this week with exactly 11800 score :toot:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Wtf is that damaged Loki art? Bruno and Veronica look rad though, I want both of them!

After her new tome got released (THANK YOU INTSYS) my already +10d Sophia is finally complete.

Can she go in the Hall of Fame? Defensive mages best mages

Ed: ah whoops is that not a thing anymore? Sorry!

LeafyGreens fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 18, 2019

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

Ironically a good strategy. Good for them.

Yeah honestly I can't really get mad about this because if you want to +10 Bunny Loki that's kind of on you

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Cool banner, but I think I'm gonna gun for Spring Catria. I need dat egg for a merge project.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Cool banner, but I think I'm gonna gun for Spring Catria. I need dat egg for a merge project.

Her egg is a prf

(as is Bunny Sharena's)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Her egg is a prf

(as is Bunny Sharena's)

Ah poo poo, seriously? That's no fun.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hot take: now that we're reaching the third cycle of seasonals, they should add the year one seasonals to the list of grail heroes instead of rerunning their banners again. Most of the rare skills on the year one seasonals are already available via grails anyway.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

Hot take: now that we're reaching the third cycle of seasonals, they should add the year one seasonals to the list of grail heroes instead of rerunning their banners again. Most of the rare skills on the year one seasonals are already available via grails anyway.

Or just do both. Can't get boons with grails.

They'll never do it though, people spent mad money on these seasonals and making them suddenly all relatively easy to +10 would uhhh... upset some people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

That would be cool and good so it's definitely not happening

THE loving MOON posted:

Or just do both. Can't get boons with grails.

They'll never do it though, people spent mad money on these seasonals and making them suddenly all relatively easy to +10 would uhhh... upset some people.

Is that really different from any other unit that gets demoted?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

That would be cool and good so it's definitely not happening

Is that really different from any other unit that gets demoted?

Not really, but I don't think the reaction would be the same. I guess they're already showing up off-season on legendary banners though so what do I know :shrug:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Loki's art is incredibly bad.

Look at her little t-rex arms in the damage art.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's been 2 years since the first set of seasonals and especially the early ones are really weak now.

Like compare the skills on offer to series 3 (all with gen 2 bst!):
-a new armor effective dagger that, with TA, will negate bonuses & follow up skills
-flier formation
-a new AR trap skill
-a flying red dagger
-a duel skill
-well no one is probably pulling for THIS staff but I think healing yourself and adjacent allies every turn is cool
-a push skill! Remember those?
-dazzling staff, some people probably still
-Bruno, in general
-Veronica, in general
-Probably a fast green tome flyer so the competition is a 5* exclusive and a different seasonal
-even in terms of more so-so or common stuff you have Hone Fliers, a new Link Skill, a chill skill
-swift sparrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

to series 1:
-the weapons are niche but okay
-the worst cav unit in the game
-odin but with a few stat points swapped around
-live for bounty & live for honor
-axe exp
-fortify defense
-seal res
-~*defiant speed*~
-swift sparrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Camilla, who still has her niche as the defensively bulky mage flier. This is an unironic listing

I'd say it wasn't until halloween where the seasonals got really enticing to pull beyond one skill or because you liked them.

So even though they'll probably rerun the first spring banner again, I can't see them really enticing anyone to pull beyond diehard collectors. They don't even show up on legendary banners anymore.
Besides if you whaled them to +10 you've had 1-2 years to use them, I think that's a fair enough time to put them...somewhere. See also: people wanting 5* demotions. Sure there's people that whaled on Hinoka but I can't see them being mad about her dropping after all this time.

e: bless you kozaki
https://twitter.com/kymg/status/1107664069970911232

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

-the worst cav unit in the game

best art though

(Also Odin is good now)

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cattail Prophet posted:

That would work for the first few seasonal banners. But the first Christmas banner was where they introduced bold fighter and vengeful fighter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

That would work for the first few seasonal banners. But the first Christmas banner was where they introduced bold fighter and vengeful fighter.

There are seven armors with Bold Fighter and six armors with Vengeful fighter. It's about time those get into the general pool.

Almost every pushed armor comes with one of them anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
We did it team, we got a palla alt in the game. I would like to thank everyone who wisely invested all their votes this year on palla in the choose your legends poll to help our dream become a reality.