Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

That's kinda neat, if I didn't have a TrackIR I'd consider it. Dude is poo poo at driving though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I honestly didnt watch much of that video but the idea seems cool because I hate playing with something on my head, but if it allows me to just set my phone on top of my wheel I can actually look around properly

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Looks interesting. Who owns that company? I can't find any info on their website.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

mackintosh posted:

Looks interesting. Who owns that company? I can't find any info on their website.

Seems to be a Finnish company, Kinoni Oy: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/kinoni#section-overview
https://list.wiki/Apps_-_Kinoni

Maybe some finnish person have more information, let's summon one *ahem* Finland is not a real country, it's just a part of Sweden.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Thanks for that. I'll do a bit more digging when I have some free time. As useful as this is, I tend to exercise a lot of caution with apps that ask for camera privileges and require external programs to work.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

Seems to be a Finnish company, Kinoni Oy: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/kinoni#section-overview
https://list.wiki/Apps_-_Kinoni

Maybe some finnish person have more information, let's summon one *ahem* Finland is not a real country, it's just a part of Sweden and sometimes Russia

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
All this virtual trucking will finally pay off! Move over ets2

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/28/einride-t-pod-truck-5g-remote-drive-hands-on/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Can't go 100mph with hammer down all the time.. Id be fired first day.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

I don't know if I should curse or thank ETS/ATS, but I now have my CDL permit and becoming a commercial driver trainee at my company, leaving basically a desk job of 18 years to do it.

Thanks SCS :toot:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

But did ETS/ATS prepare you for lot lizards?

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Well simulations can only be so detailed...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If only it would simulate EDL's and the quality of chassis.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa29WIOoD1M

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

For those who don't want to blindly follow a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa29WIOoD1M

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

SCS put up a teaser for the next ETS2 DLC

https://blog.scssoft.com/2019/03/a-road-to-somewhere-new.html

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
For those of us who can't see the video at the moment, what is it?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
A dude is driving a horse-drawn cart across a road and a semi barrels by, while in the background a reed instrument plays what seems like Irish music.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

It's just a video with a horse and cart. Some of the comments seem to think that it's the Balkans somewhere based on the music, but nothing specific.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

A dude is driving a horse-drawn cart across a road and a semi barrels by, while in the background a reed instrument plays what seems like Irish music.

no potatoes not Ireland.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My money is on the Balkans and Greece (or is Greece part of the Balkans?). The terrain and musical instrument would fit.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oops I thought they already did the Balkans but I must’ve been thinking Baltic.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Poil posted:

My money is on the Balkans and Greece (or is Greece part of the Balkans?). The terrain and musical instrument would fit.

Depends who you ask if Greece is part of the Balkans. It's certainly on the Balkan peninsula, but there's undoubtedly people with very strong feelings on if it's part of the Balkans or not. A quick google search shows that both are either acceptable or very unacceptable depending on who you're talking to.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

Depends who you ask if Greece is part of the Balkans. It's certainly on the Balkan peninsula, but there's undoubtedly people with very strong feelings on if it's part of the Balkans or not. A quick google search shows that both are either acceptable or very unacceptable depending on who you're talking to.
Alright, thank you. If it's geographically a part of it I'll go with that.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Weren't there rumors that Romania was next in line?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
New World of Trucks event. This time they give you where to deliver from, and if you get 5 destinations you get an additional drop

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
This is the list of sources, you have to pick up the cargo from all of them for the base reward:
  • Prague: Buggyra Racing - Adam Lacko + Oliver Janes
  • Mannheim: Team Hahn Racing - Jochen Hahn
  • Stuttgart: Team Schwabentruck - Stephanie Halm
  • München: Truck Sport Lutz Bernau - Antonio Albacete
  • Berlin: Reboconort Truck Racing Team - Eduardo Rodrigues
  • Bremen: SL Trucksport - Sascha Lenz
  • Köln: Team Reinert Racing - René Reinert
  • Bratislava: Tankpool 24 Racing - Norbert Kiss
  • Frankfurt am Main: Don't Touch Racing - André Kursim
  • Amsterdam: EK Truck Race - Erwin Kleinnagelvoort

You get even more stuff by delivering to five different destinations.

This is the destination schedule:
pre:
Paris		22 March
Bratislava	25 March
Ancona		28 March
Poznan		31 March
Brussel		03 April
Oslo		06 April
Manchester	09 April
St. Petersburg	12 April
Budapest	15 April
Le Mans		18 April
Genève		21 April
Helsinki	24 April
Milano		27 April
Hannover	30 April
London		03 May
So you have plenty of time, and I guess things just won't show up if you don't have the DLC for that region.

They're all WoT external contracts, of course. So I'm sure someone'll come up with a clever schedule that means the least amount of time driving at 80. After all, they don't seem to have a minimum destination, so it shouldn't be a problem if you want to drive from Bratislava to Bratislava.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I did the Frankfurt to Paris one today. Won't be trying to rush it all in one day, and thank goodness you can just 'goto (city)' in the console to just teleport to the starting location if you don't pick up the job yet.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Oh, the event gets even "better". Once you deliver 10, you unlock the ability to drive to the different destinations.

WHY THE gently caress IS IT NOT COMBINED

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Yeah like who’s going to want to drive all the way to a Manchester or St Petersburg?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, if Brussels wasn't before Manchester, that'd be an alright trip from Amsterdam, at least.

Also, turns out you can't go from Bratislava to Bratislava, which is really unfortunate.

If there were more than three racing teams that weren't in west Germany, the rest of the stops on that tour would be more compelling.

Hell, if they just had you drive a few portions of the entire tour route, that would be kinda cool. I mean, nobody would do the Manchester to St. Pete leg, but still.

IAmTheRad posted:

Oh, the event gets even "better". Once you deliver 10, you unlock the ability to drive to the different destinations.

WHY THE gently caress IS IT NOT COMBINED

What's this mean? After 10 deliveries you can just go to whatever destination you want? Because it isn't like you can only go to Paris until you do 10 deliveries or whatever, it follows a schedule.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Zenostein posted:

What's this mean? After 10 deliveries you can just go to whatever destination you want? Because it isn't like you can only go to Paris until you do 10 deliveries or whatever, it follows a schedule.

It means once you do 10 deliveries of all the different cargo you gotta do deliveries to 5 of the destinations using the cargo that's still around. When it's part of the destination. Not just do 5 wherever.

In other words, once you do the 10 deliveries, you'll still need to log in every 3 days to get 5 more deliveries to different destinations.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 27, 2019

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, that's loving dumb.

e. Well, between Poznan and Brussels, that should be quick enough work for the main part, at least.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

IAmTheRad posted:

It means once you do 10 deliveries of all the different cargo you gotta do deliveries to 5 of the destinations using the cargo that's still around. When it's part of the destination. Not just do 5 wherever.

In other words, once you do the 10 deliveries, you'll still need to log in every 3 days to get 5 more deliveries to different destinations.

I thought that was implied from the original instructions, "deliver to 5 different destinations". It's impossible to complete that until Brussels becomes the destination at the earliest, and you'll complete that goal as long as you've done every other destination before as well.

The way you worded it, it sounded like you needed to "unlock" new destinations, which shouldn't be true. The destinations just change by themselves.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oceanbound posted:

I thought that was implied from the original instructions, "deliver to 5 different destinations". It's impossible to complete that until Brussels becomes the destination at the earliest, and you'll complete that goal as long as you've done every other destination before as well.

The way you worded it, it sounded like you needed to "unlock" new destinations, which shouldn't be true. The destinations just change by themselves.

The problem is that the blog made it seem like you had to do the 10 deliveries, and if you did *those* to five different destinations, you cleared the bonus mission. In reality, you have to do ten deliveries to *unlock* the bonus mission, and I have no idea if it counts the deliveries you made beforehand as destinations, because I'm certainly not going to do like 8 trips to Bratislava from Germany (and since it seems the Bratislava one comes from the same place you deliver to, that's impossible and I'd have to wait until the destination changes over anyway). So maybe it's at least 10 deliveries, maybe it's at least 15. :shrug:

They really managed to dick up phrasing it, and if they clarified it in the comments on their blogpost and just didn't bother updating the post itself that's just stupid. It's explained on the WoT event page, if you dick around on the site long enough to find it; however, I can't really think of a reason why you'd go there instead of just writing down the list of sources and going down that list or whatever until the game says 10/10 done.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

You need to do all 10 original cargo for the racing teams first. Those destinations you do for the first 10 do not count towards the 5 destinations for the extra reward.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Let's get farmin'

https://blog.scssoft.com/2019/03/farming-in-washington-state.html

Wait you're just delivering cargo from farms. You are not the farmer themselves.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Buy and install Farming Simulator. Problem solved.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
These farm assets should really allow them to breeze through making all those fly over states that are bordering the current playable area. I really hope they aren't planning on selling stuff like Wyoming and Montana as separate, single state DLCs.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Berlin, Prague, and Bratislava aren't too far from Poznan for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I managed to finish both the bits of the event and I got the Mercedes truck toy, which is good because it's the only one I recognise because it's in Forza.

Also it was nice to drive through the rebuilt bits of Germany, it's just a shame the towns are a bit meh compared to the modern dlc towns. I hope they keep those trailers in game after the event though!