Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

Not me! I’m actually doing well enough these days that I’m working my way off my anti-depressants.

Good for you, I'm going to go get therapy now :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I'm thinking about you, CM. We never talked but you made an impression on me. Hang in there, guy.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
personal information removed

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 19, 2019

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm sure you guys at the mod team are doing a great job on this, but if you haven't already, please contact the local police.Even if you think they can't help because you don't know his full name or address, but if you are able to give them a possible name, a credit card, an ip address, an email, anything, they will probably be able to find his real ID and do a welfare check on him.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 19, 2019

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

536 posted:

I'm sure you guys at the mod team are doing a great job on this, but if you haven't already, please contact the local police.Even if you think they can't help because you don't know his full name or address, but if you are able to give them a possible name, a credit card, an ip address, an email, anything, they will probably be able to find his real ID and do a welfare check on him.

Police have been contacted.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

Police have been contacted.

I sent you the IRL name of croswell

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

large hands posted:

I sent you the IRL name of croswell

Thanks, every bit helps.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopefully we can get an update.

Forums are bullshit but I hope this person doesn't go through with it no matter what has been said here.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Shut up, Brian.

quote:

"While appearing on the program Tout le monde en parle, which aired on Radio-Canada last night, I used the expression p'tite fille (translated as little girl) while speaking about the MNA for Glengarry-Prescott-Russell. Instead, I should have used the expression young woman. I had no intention of insulting anyone with this poor choice of words and would like to offer my sincere apologies," he said in the statement.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/brian-molroney-defends-daughter-francophone-policies-1.5060740

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
CM, don't do it. Please be ok.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

CM, don't do it. Please be ok.

I agree.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Update from the Victoria & Vancouver Island Goonmeets thread.

Measly Twerp posted:

This is an emergency, does anyone have personal info on Chairmaster? (Or if anyone knows who "croswell" is) They have posted a suicide note in the canpol and e/n chat threads. Please PM any mod as soon as possible.

Pixelante posted:

Thanks! On it. (Crosswell is fine, I checked.)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Good news if true CM :unsmith:

e: assuming they are the crosswell person

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 18, 2019

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Its been what 24 hours now? ugh thats not good.

also feel bad for the maid thats going to find him

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

No, that's someone who else who we were trying to find.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Well... that's bad

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
drat it CM, these pessimistic echo chambers can make it seem like the world is hosed but there are still good things.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Alas, no. The mods were looking for Crosswell because he knows CM a bit. He did have some information that might have helped track CM down, so fingers crossed. No news on CM afaik.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

xtal posted:

Sometimes I feel like everyone on this forum is a suicidally depressed alcoholic. Take care y'all

Just suicidally depressed. Some of us won't pollute our precious bodily fluids with the demon likker.

It's a life-threatening illness with a 20% mortality rate. Been through the medication and therapy route, all I can do is get up every morning and make sure it doesn't get me today. And feel very, very sad when another friend loses the battle with the pain and "dies suddenly".

I'm going to go out in the sun for a while.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's a skin-head looking dude wandering around city hall in Victoria with a yellow vest painted to say "Make JUSTINE a teacher again!"

Classy.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I just left a voicemail with the local PD person who is dealing with the case, and I've emailed them some relevant information. I have no idea what's happening past that and I can only pray CM didn't go through with it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Croswell. MI. exists, any goons pls do the needful.
well gently caress.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 19, 2019

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
It's entirely possible we won't hear anything back about CM if he's in the hospital.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 9, 2022

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/markusoff/status/1107777792299589632

Don't worry the poo poo is totes cool, happens all the time.

This is the poo poo they are paying for so close to an election.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I feel like it’s not quite close enough to the election, like ICP could dump Kenney and still be fine in the actual election without a leader. Maybe that’s just pessimistic.

edit: I meant UCP. I apologize to any juggalos I may have offended.

Baronjutter posted:

There's a skin-head looking dude wandering around city hall in Victoria with a yellow vest painted to say "Make JUSTINE a teacher again!"

Classy.

Shouldn’t he be asking Lisa Helpless to give him his parking spaces back

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 19, 2019

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
Even if Kenney somehow is removed, I bet the UCP will still win. There was that crazy infighting and leader swap in the OCP and it didn't make a loving difference. If anything it helped the conservatives.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apatheticman posted:

https://twitter.com/markusoff/status/1107777792299589632

Don't worry the poo poo is totes cool, happens all the time.

This is the poo poo they are paying for so close to an election.
Wow, what a sales pitch!

"Technically there's no evidence that they played a direct role in breaking the law!" --Friendly columnist

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 19, 2019

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

THC posted:

Wow, what a sales pitch!

"Technically there's no evidence that they played a direct role in breaking the law!" --Friendly columnist

As the leader of this party I must emphasize the buck stops SEVERAL rungs below me.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I have every confidence in Albertans leveraging their full faculties and making the hard decision to gently caress over not only themselves, but also the rest of the country, as hard as they possibly can.

Nobody eats poo poo with quite as much joy as the Albertan electorate.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightning Knight posted:

I just left a voicemail with the local PD person who is dealing with the case, and I've emailed them some relevant information. I have no idea what's happening past that and I can only pray CM didn't go through with it.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I have felt terrible all day thinking about the guy. I really hope he seconded guessed it and didn't use the device.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/pressprogress/status/1107806725070118915
😬

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
kenny wont drop her and she'll still win because its calgary

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She's not a member of that Ford family is she?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just how many loving Fords are there in this country?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Ug, man... loving poo poo about Chairmaster.

I do hope the guy pops up sometime in the future to say he's doing ok, but that really came off much more as a final gently caress you to the world than a cry for help.

Making the trip to Van, dumping his poo poo in the ocean, ugh. Yikes. Not good signs. He even said a few months back once he figured he could build the exit bag that for once he finally had a bit of inspiration for a "goal" to work towards for the first time in a long time.

That's some of the deepest and most chronic depression I've seen. Guy was just so deep in the hole for years and years that he couldn't even bring himself to see a therapist, even though he knew he needed it.

It's just poo poo. poo poo. If someone is super isolated and just lies to their family that they are doing fine, they can just keep spiraling deeper and deeper and the whole way you see the world becomes more and more hosed up. I don't know how you could even help someone once it gets that bad.

I dunno, not making a great post here. Hits too close to home even if just another internet stranger.

If there's any value to be had out of this, anyone unfamiliar with depression might want to check his E/N post history. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700701&userid=155013

4 years of the same thing, getting nowhere. Not able to ask for help. Too isolated for anyone to notice. Gets worse and worse. Check the last 2 pages, and you can see essentially when the switch flips. Maybe there's some value there to notice your friends, family, acquaintances, whatever doing to same. loving force treatment on them if you can. When you're in the hole, you don't even see reality properly anymore.

poo poo.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
EDIT: Well, I guess I got my answer. Nothing to see here folks.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 19, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I mean this in the kindest way possible, no one cares PT6A.

If someone posts a suicide note in D&D of all places, slagging off a bunch of people they've never met, I think it's fair to say that nothing going on there is exactly rational. Don't take it personally, and also this isn't the time or place.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

No, and I'm not some kind of reporting snitch, but I hope the mod who warned you against this behaviour follows through. Regardless of whether you think you're right or not (you're not) it's not the time.

xtal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

PT6A posted:

Can we at least talk about the fact that wishing me to die in a plane crash is pretty hosed up no matter how mentally ill he was, or is that still verboten? I hope he's not dead but I'm still a bit raw about that, frankly.

:yikes: