Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

feral corgi savaging an ankle with a funny tinge

It'd be hilarious if she shows up to make the speech with all the corgys and lets them loose on the parliament.

Also, what does being in a knightly order gets you? A pass into their clubhouse for free tea and cookie? A bus discount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sekenr posted:

It'd be hilarious if she shows up to make the speech with all the corgys and lets them loose on the parliament.

Also, what does being in a knightly order gets you? A pass into their clubhouse for free tea and cookie? A bus discount?

it means that you are literally inducted into the nobility. aka every rich person's greatest dream.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Wouldn't this be political suicide for like 80% of parliament?

sure maybe. nobody knows what would happen on a straight no deal vs remain last-second vote in parliament. they are the two most unpopular alternatives.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

not mentioned: the unspeakable concessions we had to make to get liechtenstein to sign

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

poty posted:

not mentioned: the unspeakable concessions we had to make to get liechtenstein to sign

They're the next inheritors of the Stuart claim to the throne, and thus I am looking forward to Liam Fox telling us about the fantastic trade potential of this UnRestoration on live TV

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lets just say that the british anthem is now “god save the prince of liechtenstein. and the queen too, if god has time”

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Fortunately the tune is still the same

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Jimmy Savile was knighted

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

So is the refusal to allow the vote to come back a third time an unusual precedent, or would it have happened to any other bill as well, except nobody would have cared much?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Jimmy Savile was knighted

He also received a knighthood from the Pope

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

poty posted:

lets just say that the british anthem is now “god save the prince of liechtenstein. and the queen too, if god has time”
Should we bring back the line about rebellious Scotts?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ika posted:

So is the refusal to allow the vote to come back a third time an unusual precedent, or would it have happened to any other bill as well, except nobody would have cared much?

The unusual part is that it came back at all. If any other bill had been defeated this significantly, it would have been dead.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Ika posted:

In ye olde times (i.e. 2010) a government that lost on a manifesto promise like this would have fallen the first time, let alone having a chance to repeat it

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Obliterati posted:

In ye olde times (i.e. 2010) a government that lost on a manifesto promise like this would have fallen the first time, let alone having a chance to repeat it

Even if it were some inane trivial bill where only a third of the MPs show up?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If it's an inane trivial bill the government shrugs its shoulders and moves on.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Ika posted:

Nah, specifically things like manifesto promises

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Ika posted:

No manifesto promises are treated differently. Like the Lords can't block a bill if it was part of the governing parties manifesto.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Make that the background of C-Spam.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Congratulations, that's almost the population of Maryland.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Time to learn your new anthem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJYsJ81Omgs

And familiarise yourself with your new royal family:

Should be a smooth transition.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Has Labour put out their own Brexit plan? Or some kind of vision for what post-Brexit Britain would look like under Labour leadership?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Gripweed posted:

Has Labour put out their own Brexit plan? Or some kind of vision for what post-Brexit Britain would look like under Labour leadership?

A JOBS-FIRST BREXIT.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

there will be adequate indie pop folk

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Gripweed posted:

under Corbyn they'd basically go for a Norway style arrangement, stay in the common market but leave the EU parliament type deal. different red lines to May (including ones that actually make sense in Northern Ireland)

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

I really like this one:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Heavy_D posted:

under Corbyn they'd basically go for a Norway style arrangement, stay in the common market but leave the EU parliament type deal. different red lines to May (including ones that actually make sense in Northern Ireland)

This only serves to highlight how stupid Lexit was and how Corbyn is a figure very representative of British politics as a whole.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Gripweed posted:

Juche

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

So this deal basically just says the UK agrees to whatever standards these countries impose on imports, does not cover services, capital, non-tariff barriers.

https://twitter.com/stigeidi/status/1107775152593534984

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

uncertainty posted:

I really like this one:

It has different sized eyes

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

pathetic little tramp posted:

So this deal basically just says the UK agrees to whatever standards these countries impose on imports, does not cover services, capital, non-tariff barriers.

https://twitter.com/stigeidi/status/1107775152593534984

It is just a temporary trade deal in case of no-deal

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Shout out to the swivel eyed loons that birthed it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Would Corbyn at least have allowed for single-water faucet technology to be imported with Lexit?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Lambert posted:

Would Corbyn at least have allowed for single-water faucet technology to be imported with Lexit?

Thanks I hate them

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tokamak posted:

It is pretty obviously a biscuit.

does it go hard or soft when it becomes stale

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

e: why the gently caress did I post that in this thread lol

Brexit still bad + funny

LGD has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Mar 19, 2019

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doccykins posted:

i'm going full hellworld where the queen prorogues parliament and then keels over before she can reopen it, enforcing a 12 day period of official mourning. The Brexit deadline is in 11 days.

this is the most mays-brexit-govt outcome possible

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Brexit :pwn:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You know poo poo has gotten real when Liechtenstein is involved

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im zorgin dat brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Heavy_D posted:

Isn't that basically keeping all of the parts of the EU that British people didn't like?