Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Throatwarbler posted:

Mazda is a maker of generally fuel efficient small cars, that's their edge. The other two have the edge in making huge chrome 16mpg oxcarts. Would have thought that was common knowledge in this forum.

i think the broader point was that mazda could easily oppose regulations that would be good for the end customer/people/the environment/frogs if it supported their bottom line. all companies look out for their core profits first, it's what they're supposed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i think the broader point was that mazda could easily oppose regulations that would be good for the end customer/people/the environment/frogs if it supported their bottom line. all companies look out for their core profits first, it's what they're supposed to do.

I think the point is not "Mazda is looking out for the greater good", but "isn't it funny that these fuel economy laws are opposed by a company whose bread and butter is fuel economy; maybe something is wrong with the law".

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Here's the newest Cadillac sedan, the CT5, which is meant to replace both the ATS and CTS. The new Cadillac center stack saves the CT5 from the biggest sin of the ATS and CTS, and maybe it'll be big enough for adults to sit in the back unlike the ATS. Design is nice save for the fact that GM was too cheap to put glass on that C-pillar.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I guess 1 year ago, some exec burst into the design studio with a printout of the BMW 6 GT and demanded it be cloned.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
At least it will be a good donor for the v6 twin turbo motor

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy gently caress. Those door handles and that window line are a train wreck

Just build this you dumb shits.

luckily they're only going to sell like 30 so you won't have to see them everywhere

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

luckily they're only going to sell like 30 so you won't have to see them everywhere

Cadillac’s concept design language is fantastic. It’s a shame they keep ignoring it and putting Cadillac badges on Buicks.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Godzilla07 posted:

Here's the newest Cadillac sedan, the CT5, which is meant to replace both the ATS and CTS. The new Cadillac center stack saves the CT5 from the biggest sin of the ATS and CTS, and maybe it'll be big enough for adults to sit in the back unlike the ATS. Design is nice save for the fact that GM was too cheap to put glass on that C-pillar.

B pillar back is a mess. I'm seeing a lot of Nissan Versa and Honda Accord back there.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Godzilla07 posted:

It looks like a Chevy Cruze.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Powershift posted:

I love the look, but those windows aren't stopping any water.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I thought I read that they're putting the Escala concept into production in 2021?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

TheFonz posted:

I love the look, but those windows aren't stopping any water.

We solved that problem many many years ago unless you live somewhere that people will point blank fire high pressure water at your seals...

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Godzilla07 posted:

Whenever I see a little blank instead of a window at the C-pillar/rear door I'm instantly reminded of the Avenger and how cheap it looks there.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
The ATS is pretty cool though, but that might just be the novelty of never seeing them here in Sweden speaking.

Nov 6, 2002

opengl128 posted:

Whenever I see a little blank instead of a window at the C-pillar/rear door I'm instantly reminded of the Avenger and how cheap it looks there.

How does the Dodge brand stay in business?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How does the Dodge brand stay in business?

They make really fast cars dude. Such as:
https://i.imgur.com/r8jJrQc.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/xq4HbVp.mp4

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Godzilla07 posted:

That sail panel is atrocious. Did they bump into some guy from Buick in the elevator and mix up their design drawings?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are only 2 dodges left.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
What part is breaking, the differential?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

There are only 2 dodges left.

They still make the Durango, don't they?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

david_a posted:

What part is breaking, the differential?
Yup.

Watching the tire curl up and then *pop* is mesmerizing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

That is beautiful.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

CornHolio posted:

They still make the Durango, don't they?

The Durango, Journey and there's actually a 2019 Grand Caravan. So there's like 5 Dodges, 3 of which are even worth considering.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The worst thing about these gifs is it's given me time to notice how poorly fitted those spoilers are. I'm the finger-sized gap on the sides.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

The best part is all the pieces falling out of what used to the be the differential.

The second best part is watching the shockwave rattle all the loosely fitting body panels and trunk.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The worst thing about these gifs is it's given me time to notice how poorly fitted those spoilers are. I'm the finger-sized gap on the sides.

Look closely and you'll see it's excellent engineering. It doesn't hit the body and rub the paint when the diff snaps.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Q_res posted:

The Durango, Journey and there's actually a 2019 Grand Caravan. So there's like 5 Dodges, 3 of which are even worth considering.

Oh yeah, we actually had a rental 2019 Grand Caravan a couple of weeks ago. I insisted it was an older model but the VIN checked out as a 2019 and some research showed that yes, they still sell the previous-platform FCA minivan alongside the newer Pacifica as a 'budget' option.

Trip report: It was pretty awful.

Nov 6, 2002

Kinda funny cause the first few trim levels of the Caravan and Pacifica are pretty much identical in price. What is the argument for ever buying the Caravan over the Pacifica??

Caravan
SE $26,790
SXT $32,290

Pacifica
L $26,985
LX $29,795
Touring Plus $33,245

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Kinda funny cause the first few trim levels of the Caravan and Pacifica are pretty much identical in price. What is the argument for ever buying the Caravan over the Pacifica??

Caravan
SE $26,790
SXT $32,290

Pacifica
L $26,985
LX $29,795
Touring Plus $33,245

Incentives and fleet sales. Sticker price is one thing, but you can walk into a Dodge fleet dealer with $20k and walk out with a Caravan, I guarantee it.

For example: there's $4k cash on hood in my area on 2019 Grand Caravans. That's before any dealer discount or anything else.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 20, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26882153/bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-confirmed-2020/

quote:

The BMW 2-series Gran Coupe Will Be a Front-Wheel-Drive "Four-Door Coupe"

RIP BMW

You died like you lived, in a puddle of your own fluids.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
BMW trying to be like Porsche and make cars that sell to normal people but forgetting to build actual cool drivers cars like the Cayman GT4, 911R, GT3, GT3RS, etc

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

BMW trying to be like Porsche and make cars that sell to normal people but forgetting to build actual cool drivers cars like the Cayman GT4, 911R, GT3, GT3RS, etc

Don't tempt them

We don't need a BMW X6M Competition coupe with 445 wide rear rubber with so much camber there's only a 3 inch wide contact patch.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Powershift posted:

Don't tempt them

We don't need a BMW X6M Competition coupe with 445 wide rear rubber with so much camber there's only a 3 inch wide contact patch.

Ummmmm

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a26310946/2020-bmw-x3-m-x4-m-reveal-photos-specs-price/

I love the word “competition” for these things. In what contest is it designed to compete?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

i own every Bionicle posted:

Ummmmm

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a26310946/2020-bmw-x3-m-x4-m-reveal-photos-specs-price/

I love the word “competition” for these things. In what contest is it designed to compete?

the bench racing one

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Powershift posted:

Nah nah nah this is the rebranding that'll bring Cadillac back for sure, and if not just wait a decade or so for the next go-around. They just need a bigger marketing department to discuss what alphabet soup to hot glue on the trunk lid next.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

redgubbinz posted:

Nah nah nah this is the rebranding that'll bring Cadillac back for sure, and if not just wait a decade or so for the next go-around. They just need a bigger marketing department to discuss what alphabet soup to hot glue on the trunk lid next.

But naming their compact v6 shitbox the CT5 550T is really gonna crush the Germans with their 550is and E550s.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I really think we're watching the end of Cadillac. Which makes me sad.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
they should just make 4 different sizes of Escalades, you know that's the end game.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

I really think we're watching the end of Cadillac. Which makes me sad.

Cadillac will live if only to sell SUVs (60K XT5s and 35K Escalades sold last year.) Heck, that's Acura's existence today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

i own every Bionicle posted:

Ummmmm

"World's Dumbest Shitmobile"