Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i don't know what that means so i'm going to assume it's just more racism against America's First Slaves

It's worth knowing about North Ireland, if only because it was an apartheid state siuation successfully dismantled in our lifetime.

(More or less, shout out to May for nearly reuniting the conflict. Also there may be caveats I don't know about).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

jobson groeth posted:

That's pretty ghoulish.

its no different than collecting vampire dust for potions of invisibility

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

It's worth knowing about North Ireland, if only because it was an apartheid state siuation successfully dismantled in our lifetime.

(More or less, shout out to May for nearly reuniting the conflict. Also there may be caveats I don't know about).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles
Hey, now... Bojo, Farage, Corbyn, and most especially David Cameron all deserve their fair share of credit for reigniting The Troubles.

Cameron probably moreso than the rest put together.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
audience members also used to collect the cum from the pants of hanged men for its magical properties

and yeah apparently getting hanged made a lotta guys bust for some reason

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
rip david carradine

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

audience members also used to collect the cum from the pants of hanged men for its magical properties

and yeah apparently getting hanged made a lotta guys bust for some reason

Cumming while going

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

jobson groeth posted:

That's pretty ghoulish.

wait until you hear what people did to lynching victims

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
****~~~~EGGBOY ALERT~~~~****

https://twitter.com/nzherald/status/1107476771396616194

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

jobson groeth posted:

That's pretty ghoulish.
humans are actually really hosed up it's amazing we don't kill each other over nonsense constantly

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

iconic tbh

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dead Beef posted:

humans are actually really hosed up it's amazing we don't kill each other over nonsense constantly

The State and Rule of Law are mankind's greatest inventions.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Counterpoint :thermidor:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Accretionist posted:

We managed to form functional societies before them, though, and they have enabled killing each other over stupid poo poo on a far larger scale.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Xelkelvos posted:

Mahjong - Chapter 5

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jobson groeth posted:

That's pretty ghoulish.

Nah, what's ghoulish is they stopped executing people by guillotine

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
north america and palestine: two previously unoccupied lands

Archibald Tuttle
Jan 10, 2006

respects native lands

:ironicat:

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
glad the rest of it passed your scrutiny

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Jews for Jesus used to come to campus and proselytize

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

arewethebaddies.avi

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The "smashed the British Empire" line is pretty good. One of the major grievances against the Birtish during the revolutionary period was that they refused to protect American settlers moving deeper into Indian territory in the Appalachians because the British had told Americans not to do that. Similarly, back when Israel was created by the British the Israelis settlers got really pissed that the British weren't supportive enough of their rapid displacement of the Palestinians.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jobson groeth posted:

USA having a completely normal one too.

steve king posted a meme where his own state is about to get its rear end kicked by west Virginia and utah. what a maroon

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Eat This Glob posted:

steve king posted a meme where his own state is about to get its rear end kicked by west Virginia and utah. what a maroon

the first thing I thought when I saw that pic was that it looks like the North is about to get a neck slice in with Hawaii because the South overcommitted with that body blow

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Filthy Hans posted:

the first thing I thought when I saw that pic was that it looks like the North is about to get a neck slice in with Hawaii because the South overcommitted with that body blow

i was thinking of hawaii as a molotov

i'm sure everyone will be very glad those diabetic boomers died with so many guns when medical access collapsed i guess

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

Who do you think the bigger loving idiot is: Steve King, or the loving idiots who voted for him?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Thanatosian posted:

Who do you think the bigger loving idiot is: Steve King, or the loving idiots who voted for him?

until mid-November, I lived in and wrote about news in Steve king's district. it is a push, and they are largely deserving of one another. shoutout to the good folks of storm lake and denison who are latinx, african, and asian who have to suffer the bigoted assholes who keep voting for a klansman who is friends with nazis and loiuie loving goemert

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Next time I'm in DC I'm going to lie about being a Gohmert constituent so I can get some of the BBQ he makes daily

After I eat most of it I'll accidentally spill sauce in his office

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omg lmfao

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

:nms:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

what's with the leeches? is that a Jordan Peterson thing?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

this one might not embed properly because of the formatting

https://twitter.com/chaosprime/status/1105089364990849024?s=21

e: no looks like it’s fine

gently caress you you piece of poo poo

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/cursedPC/status/1107729560626438145

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1107632028403539968

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1107719709280141313?s=21

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The Australian Prime Minister is still using immigrants as a scapegoat for their complete inability to put any effort into improving Australia.

You'll be happy to know this comes post NZ attack and is part of a shift towards "the truth is in the middle" because no one was believing his crocodile tears about Muslims being attacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/FilipeBGuerra/status/1107399662473015303