Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fruity20 posted:

I decided to take a break from warframe to focus on other things but while I was gone, did anything change?

yeah Opticor got nerfed :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gilding a weapon is the only lovely task this week, mostly due to a lot of people having to build a weapon they already have.

That being said, it's by far the best week imo, if you really wanted to you could do it in a single day. Unlike the 5 sortie thing of last week.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Soothing Vapors posted:

Really? This is the first nightwave that's all basically stuff I would do normally in a week anyway

Yes, really.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For me it’s the gilding something I already have finished. Even worse, I gilded my final amp about 6 hrs before the night wave flipped.

I’m just going to have to figure out what zaw takes fewest resources and go to town on it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If you don't have good Solaris U rep it sucks but w/e im not too mad

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Raptor1033 posted:

For me it’s the gilding something I already have finished. Even worse, I gilded my final amp about 6 hrs before the night wave flipped.

I’m just going to have to figure out what zaw takes fewest resources and go to town on it

Yeah I just finally gilded my mote amp (lol) a few hours before reset

The only thing I don't like about Nightwave is that it's making me paranoid to do anything big on Sunday

edit: ok I guess I do want the Opticor Vandal after all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8lqqcYUrk

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 18, 2019

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Can you regild weapons/amps/moas, or are you just building duplicates for it?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

GenericOverusedName posted:

Can you regild weapons/amps/moas, or are you just building duplicates for it?

You can always buy a duplicate zaw or kitgun with plat if you were so inclined.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I think it'd be best if Nightwaves just never expire until the very end. This way, someone coming in at the final two weeks can still knock out a ton of poo poo if they put their minds into it (well, other than Profit Taker cause standing is gated) while someone playing more casually can take their time with it. The UI would need some work so it could guide you to places that let you fulfill 5 different challenges in the same node without having to alt tab to do research.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah Opticor got nerfed :/

I don't care much about mods, weapons, builds, meta, or anything my hurts my noob brain honestly(i wish i could try to care but most of this flies over head and it's intimidating). i'm more of a lore and fashion frame person. but for anyone who does use the opticor...am so sorry.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Bug Squash posted:

How come? Other than Profit being out of reach, I was thinking how it looks at lot faster, less boring and more achievable.

If they all look like this in the future I'd be happy.

Edit: beaten

Being forced to gild a weapon and spend 3 forma even if you don't need to do either anymore.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if someone has forma'd everything they could ever want to then they probably have quite a few extra forma laying around.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Fruity20 posted:

I don't care much about mods, weapons, builds, meta, or anything my hurts my noob brain honestly(i wish i could try to care but most of this flies over head and it's intimidating). i'm more of a lore and fashion frame person. but for anyone who does use the opticor...am so sorry.

The new Exploiter Orb bossfight has some bits of story

Aside from that, if you had reached Sedna and cleared the star map before taking a break, nothing big, I think.

Nightwave is going to have a reveal at some point but that could be when this season ends or in 5 years.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
This nightwave made me forma my opticor vandal 3 times. A+ weekly, would recommend.

It also made me want to put (even more) forma into my rubico, phantasma, catchmoon, tombfinger, lenz, mara detron, pyrana prime, supra vandal,

oh god

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nalesh posted:

Being forced to gild a weapon and spend 3 forma even if you don't need to do either anymore.

i feel like someone at that point isn't going to have any issues achieving what they want to in the game as it is

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I have a lot more trouble with Profit Taker than other fights in that class (Eidos and Exploiter), so I'm a little salty there.

Exploiter, btw, may be my favorite fight I terms of villain. Tyl Regor still has the best boss, but abusive mom is an incredible story.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fruity20 posted:

fashion: Garuda has a blood splatter effect that can be used for cool other effects (one redditor used to create some sort of mud effect for a soldiery frame), the new ephemera are basically movement fashion (Shocking Ephemera is the endgame here imo)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Which fish count as rares for the nightwave act? Is it murkrays? Please say it's murkrays. Don't make me catch glappids.

E: Murkrays count.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 18, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any fish with specific bait, including murkrays.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Which fish count as rares for the nightwave act? Is it murkrays? Please say it's murkrays. Don't make me catch glappids.
I flew to the southeast ocean, threw bait in a hotspot, caught 7 murkrays while missing 3, and was back at the gate in 4-5 minutes. Heck, even the dailies usually take me longer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Specifically its the Murkray, Norg, Cuthol and Glappid. I just went to get glappids because it was night and the ocean was right there.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

edit: ok I guess I do want the Opticor Vandal after all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8lqqcYUrk

I lucked out with a very good opticor riven, but six forma later the Opticor Vandal has become my favorite primary weapon in the game. It's enough damage to 1-2 shot just about anything in the game that doesn't have heavy armor, and It's incredibly satisfying to shoot it down a hallway and melt 7-8 dudes at once.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seriously, I want to just have fun playing this game (and I definitely want to do more huntin' ) but I feel like if I'm not working on nightwave during the limited amount of time I have to play, I'm wasting my time.

I'm not even mad about that, since the Nightwave objectives (aside from sporb) this week were very doable in a normal fashion. What's wearing thin over the last two weeks is how it's all stacked. You need to do your Nightwave, do your fracking, farm your exploiter stuff, farm for Baro, farm the weekend doublers, and do your daily stuff as normal. God help you if you still need to do bounties to max Cetus/Fortuna rep.

No part of that is insurmountable in and of itself but they've got so much of it running concurrently that I feel like I need a text file open with a todo list just to keep on schedule.

Seditiar posted:

That being said, it's by far the best week imo, if you really wanted to you could do it in a single day. Unlike the 5 sortie thing of last week.

I would have cleared them all in an evening but I didn't want to befriend a pubbie in order to do the sporb. Will just run it with goons later.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Ok so I finally have shield lady cooking, and will probably get the torroids for monk boy this weekend....
Thing is, everyone told me shield lady is painfully mediocre, and from what I've seen from people streaming I have to agree.

She LOOKS amazing, the detail they put into her and the polish that went into her animation is laudable, but her skills are soooo.... eeeeh.
Her exalted bolt gun really seems like the most interesting part of her kit, and it's looking like a worse Staticor. She doesn't really DO anything. Is this another dud?

At least her heavy plasma gun is amazing.

EDIT: Holy poo poo also the voice acting on the Exploiter Orb is soooo on point. I actually felt kinda bad for killing her the first time.
Like, after the profit taker ended up being this batshit insane rhyming robot I just assumed "Oh so they're crazy sentient killer robots with broken alien language" . But the exploiter orb has actual sentences....and a personality, and doesn't just rely on ice puns.
I'm actually curious what they do with the other ones now.

Sample_text fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 18, 2019

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Welp, I was thinking about making a new plauge zaw with II links instead of I's, looks like its this week.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Finally lucked into a Kohm riven, and apparently Kohm is rigged to always have maximum disposition? Which is nice. Which other guns have that, anyone know?

Also what are the must-have new amp parts? I know it's in the thread somewhere, but someone be a mensch and save me hunting back through all these posts?

e; PS y'all need to give yourselves a break re the Nightwave stuff. If you don't hit that maximum tier by the end, you're only missing out on some cosmetic armour bits that probably look like rear end anyway. Do the tasks that seem easy or fun and just sack off the rest. Seriously. You're not going to miss anything important.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 18, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I used this nightwave as an excuse to forma up Hildryn a bit more and she's beefy. No real reason to use 4 except for emergency CC, but her 2 and 3 are her bread and butter. You cant hurt her, and she doesnt need to do much other than be around and enemies will literally die in her prescense while she flexes.

Then you have 4 for emergency crowd control and her 1 is a ridiculously powerful Sonicor Ultra.

quote:

Shots have a 150% critical multiplier, with a 5% critical chance and 10% status chance.
Damage is affected by Ability Strength and most secondary weapon mods

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sample_text posted:

Thing is, everyone told me shield lady is painfully mediocre, and from what I've seen from people streaming I have to agree.

She LOOKS amazing, the detail they put into her and the polish that went into her animation is laudable, but her skills are soooo.... eeeeh.
Her exalted bolt gun really seems like the most interesting part of her kit, and it's looking like a worse Staticor. She doesn't really DO anything. Is this another dud?

At least her heavy plasma gun is amazing.

i don't really take anything streamers/youtube people say seriously to any degree because they're all playing a different game basically and if something doesn't magically do the exact things they want it to they'll immediately write it off and loudly declare that it's garbage at every chance they get

also i'm pretty sure the balefire can outperform the staticor

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Balefire is way better than Staticor. Her 4 still feels super clunky and I basically only use it in the super rare case where an objective might fall.

I feel like her 4 isn't going to be relevant until they allow us to cast Shield Pilfer during it, maybe through an Augment mod in 3 years. It feels stupid and I don't think she's that crazy strong that she shouldn't be allowed to do just that. Even without floating around she's very strong though.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Nalesh posted:

To be fair the Nightwave event also gives you a pack of 3 forma, but most people probably unlocked and used them last week :v: being a scrub worked out for me this time though!

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Raptor1033 posted:

You can buy a finished mote amp for 500 Onkobuxx and dump it after a single run in Onslaught and gilding.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2 posted:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:
Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time!

RIP (faster) exploiter runs. No Ephemera or Hild Systems yet either =(.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Fixing a way to skip a phase in a fight that has an at least 1/3 chance to hardlock between phase 1 and 2, without fixing the hardlocks first is so loving DE.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

wid posted:

You can buy a finished mote amp for 500 Onkobuxx and dump it after a single run in Onslaught and gilding.

Yeah that’s the kind of short cut I like!

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Hildryn is one of those frames that's like, 2-3 relatively small tweaks away from being really good. Right now though she suffers in a lot of content beyond being functionally immortal, which I mean, not much of a shortage of frames there. She's also extra-reliant on arcanes in order to survive harder missions, especially in groups running corpro.

Balefire is the star of her kit but it's exceedingly awkward to use because they decided charging up balefire should slow you down for some reason. It also deals self-damage iirc and if you mod your frame for range you can deal a bit of chip damage to yourself, though thankfully Hildryn is possibly the best frame to use for self-damaging weapons in the game and is the real reason why you should use her.

Shield pillage is okay and key to her survival without arcanes, but the problem is that it's useless against enemies without shield or armor. So if you bring her to a grineer mission while running corpro, it's a dead ability. So half the time it's great, half of the time it does nothing. Haven meanwhile is great for supporting your team since it gives allies invulnerability when their shields go down. The humming is incredibly obnoxious though and the damage/CC is whatever, considering I've hardly seen it work.

And her ultimate is just kind of there. The dual-wielding Balefires is just cosmetic and doesn't actually buff your first ability. If you could use your weapons and cast shield pillage while in her 4, then she'd have a really interesting dynamic in that you want to constantly be around enemies, draining shields to stay floating and to stay killing. All they'd need to do is continually ramp up the shield cost on her 4 to prevent her from staying in it forever. Right now though it's not particularly worth using which is a shame for what's supposed to be an ultimate ability.

Hildryn just desperately needs a reason to use her 4 more often and for her shield pillage to actually do something to targets with only health. Rest of her kit is fine if not a bit awkward.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FZeroRacer posted:

It also deals self-damage iirc and if you mod your frame for range you can deal a bit of chip damage to yourself,

no it doesn't. it uses a little bit of shields to fire but there's no self-damage in the slightest because if there was then the shots worth tens of thousands of damage i do with it would instantly wipe out my shields every time i fired even remotely near myself

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

no it doesn't. it uses a little bit of shields to fire but there's no self-damage in the slightest because if there was then the shots worth tens of thousands of damage i do with it would instantly wipe out my shields every time i fired even remotely near myself
I could've swore it did clip you if you aimed directly at your feet but after testing this it does not. I must've been thinking of her archgun instead. Disregard the self-damage point then.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Pipski posted:

Finally lucked into a Kohm riven, and apparently Kohm is rigged to always have maximum disposition? Which is nice. Which other guns have that, anyone know?

Also what are the must-have new amp parts? I know it's in the thread somewhere, but someone be a mensch and save me hunting back through all these posts?

e; PS y'all need to give yourselves a break re the Nightwave stuff. If you don't hit that maximum tier by the end, you're only missing out on some cosmetic armour bits that probably look like rear end anyway. Do the tasks that seem easy or fun and just sack off the rest. Seriously. You're not going to miss anything important.

A bunch of weapons have max or high dispo, some of them are even good. The wiki has a list, scroll down a ways.

Nightwave's mostly been pretty unobtrusive with just a few standout obnoxious things. If you don't have everything yet it's not bad to do some vault runs or w/e the specific farms have been, the really lovely ones aside. They've also matched relic nightwave stuff to the last couple of Baro weeks, I hope that's a pattern.

And yeah, not farming stuff is always an option. It's just a game and if you're not having fun playing it, don't.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm assuming theyd have to make a bunch of new animations or something if they let us use guns in her 4, because it doesn't even make sense--it doesn't functionally limit hildryn's power since balefire is pretty good.

I'd be happy if balefire became akbalefire and you got something useful from having two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
beat the game, it was pretty easy in the end