Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cyclops rules, it’s a shame what some writers have done to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Matter-Eater Lad just wanders around randomly biting pieces of steel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

Wouldn't you?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Random Stranger posted:

dude likes the taste probably

literally eating the Miracle Machine gave him weird taste buds okay :shobon:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’d read that. Matter Eater Lad mini series where he eats sun eaters, and munches through the source wall.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Random Stranger posted:

... Don't we all eat matter?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Uthor posted:

... Don't we all eat matter?

Oh, you're one of those "all matter-eaters matter" people.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hup posted:

Fans? Of Cyclops? Where?

Cyclops Was Right

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Still way better than Lad Eater Matt.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

hup posted:

Fans? Of Cyclops? Where?

Nobody likes Cyclops.

He finds him very credulous.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Skwirl posted:

Wouldn't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTt6oZY7Qqc

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cyclops rules, it’s a shame what some writers have done to him.

Maybe Cyclops was always bad but we were fooled into seeing otherwise, by a mind trick perhaps.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

Nobody likes Cyclops.

He finds him very credulous.

I appreciate this. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, remember the no edits thing? It's right there in the title.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh it was posted over on imgur, and I thought it was just straight up cut down panels

My bad boo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I too wish marvel didn't censor profanity

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, too, look at poorly-lettered panels of Marvel characters saying "gently caress" and think they are legit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's not like you even have to look that hard for official Marvel comics with jokes about characters being mistaken for Batman.

(Mark Waid's Daredevil run, don't know the issue)

and another couple from that run, because they're funny.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I, too, look at poorly-lettered panels of Marvel characters saying "gently caress" and think they are legit.

In fairness, Marvel has a long history of this:

In fairness to Matt, it's not like he can read that.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
why would he be distracted anyway, he should always be aware of everyones genitals. sonar totally penetrates cloth

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

violent sex idiot posted:

why would he be distracted anyway, he should always be aware of everyones genitals. sonar totally penetrates cloth

Doesn't he also have super smelling. I don't have it in me to make a joke about that

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

He should just read it by braille. Though I guess the two bigger bumps in the middle might throw that off.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

violent sex idiot posted:

But there's a difference between a random nearby stranger who's nude and a person deliberately undressing for you specifically.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
https://twitter.com/bencaldwellart/status/1107734599986221056?s=21

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Starrobin from a preview for the next JL
https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-20-preview/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I feel like I'm going to regret asking "what the hell is this?".

So I'm gonna say "huh?" instead.

Huh?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There's a tiny starro-spawn who thinks of Batman as his dad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Batman raised it in a jar and calls it Jarro.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's probably Starro/Jarro's dream sequence (edit: Or a dream that it's implanting into Batman.)
He isn't that chummy with it in real life.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 19, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DoctorWhat posted:

There's a tiny starro-spawn who thinks of Batman as his dad.

that little starfish gonna die

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's probably Starro/Jarro's dream sequence (edit: Or a dream that it's implanting into Batman.)
He isn't that chummy with it in real life.

I can't imagine Batman going "haha!".

Maybe hrmhrm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I can't imagine Batman going "haha!".

Maybe hrmhrm.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Someone posted a reader letter a little while ago, and it reminded me of this super loving sassy one out of X-Men Gold:

(the actual answer is less funny because they "well actually" about the reasoning being... a single page from Uncanny over a decade ago)

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

The Question IRL posted:

In theory that's what we should think. And in nearly any other work of fiction I would say "the villain doesn't get it."

But this was written by Quinten Tarantino. And if there's anybody Edge-lord enough to say that and think that he's saying some universal truth in his film, it's that guy.

I can get why you would think that, but the whole point of Kill Bill, and of everything since that, is that while the whole "spectacular gratuitous murder" thing is fun to watch on screen, and sometimes is directed at the right people, it's terrible, and the people who actually enjoy it, or worse, default to it (what Bill is saying the Bride is, and what she was trying to deny in El Paso, and what she's trying to deny again at the very end) are nightmares, and both the world and them are better off with them killing each other until there are none left.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Test Pattern posted:

I can get why you would think that, but the whole point of Kill Bill, and of everything since that, is that while the whole "spectacular gratuitous murder" thing is fun to watch on screen, and sometimes is directed at the right people, it's terrible, and the people who actually enjoy it, or worse, default to it (what Bill is saying the Bride is, and what she was trying to deny in El Paso, and what she's trying to deny again at the very end) are nightmares, and both the world and them are better off with them killing each other until there are none left.

Kill Bill was a movie with the tagline " Kill is Love" and "a rip roaring rampage of revenge"

If the message on the film wasn't "ultraviolence is cool and solves all the problems" then he missed it himself. And probably every other film he made (I only watched Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained after that.)

I 100% believe that Tarantino is what he is on the surface and that his work doesn't have the deeper meaning he thinks it has....apart from Foot Fetishes.

Maybe he can try and justify it after the fact, but he really sucks at getting that point across.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Question IRL posted:

Kill Bill was a movie with the tagline " Kill is Love" and "a rip roaring rampage of revenge"

If the message on the film wasn't "ultraviolence is cool and solves all the problems" then he missed it himself. And probably every other film he made (I only watched Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained after that.)

I 100% believe that Tarantino is what he is on the surface and that his work doesn't have the deeper meaning he thinks it has....apart from Foot Fetishes.

Maybe he can try and justify it after the fact, but he really sucks at getting that point across.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are both really good movies, if you haven't seen them. I'm not going to pretend that there's some deeper meaning to them, but they are entertaining.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CzarChasm posted:

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are both really good movies, if you haven't seen them. I'm not going to pretend that there's some deeper meaning to them, but they are entertaining.

I love Pulp Fiction. I've seen it a bunch of times.
Don't take me the wrong way, I like Tarantino's work. And I do love Kill Bill.

It's just his work is suffused with some much violence and it's done in a way that excites, glorifies or shocks.
It's the 70's grindhouse stuff done in the "modern" age. (I say modern. His stuff is from the 90s to now.)
But he never does violence in a shocking, ugly real perspective to desuade you of the notion that it's the right course of action.

If that's his intent, I think he's been missing the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
in interviews he's usually pretty upfront with "i think violence is cool." like inglorious basterds he was like "what are you NOT gonna kill a nazi?"

dude did uma thurman dirty, but it's hard to not respect that kind of attitude. course, hating nazis was obvious back when basterds came out, not so much now so maybe his position has changed lmao