Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Verviticus posted:

why dont you just get to a rank where the champions you like dont yield free wins

This means you're locked into playing only these champions and can't play anything else unless you enjoy losing 10-15 straight games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The subreddit is currently giving out about junglers. Are gank junglers the only good ones? I want to learn how to jungle.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I really wish I wasn't absolutely terrible at Akali. She's really fun, but considering her repeated nerfs throughout the entirety of last year she feels impossible to do well with. Maybe if I force myself to keep playing her it'll get better?

I actually haven't checked her winrate now that I think about it. Does she have a more winning record on the people maining her? Or did all those nerfs take their toll and she's just been dumpstered till next time they decide to cycle her in.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
She hovers around 45-50% win rate now after the latest buffs. I'd imagine this will be about as high as she'll go, since if she's any better, she'll be 100% p/b again in pro matches

Smol fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 18, 2019

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah, that's what I was seeing too.

It's weird though as I got the chance to look for myself at champion.gg it seems like people who've got 50+ games on her in Platinum+ are around 55%?

That seems unbelievably high, even if she does seem like the kind of champion that benefits from a lot of experience I guess.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

It's weird though as I got the chance to look for myself at champion.gg it seems like people who've got 50+ games on her in Platinum+ are around 55%?

I mean, this is true for pretty much any champion.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Cavelcade posted:

The subreddit is currently giving out about junglers. Are gank junglers the only good ones? I want to learn how to jungle.

I don't understand the question, junglers need to gank to support the team and get enough gold to not fall behind

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The Door Frame posted:

I don't understand the question, junglers need to gank to support the team and get enough gold to not fall behind

Someone doesn't remember the heady days of Devourer enchant.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Smol posted:

I mean, this is true for pretty much any champion.

I guess that's what I don't get. Seems kinda wild that after 50+ games she's maintaining a 10% winrate jump, and that that could be true for most champions. Even including silver games she's still at like 54% at the 50+ game rate.

The numbers just seem kinda crazy, but I guess that means that if I actually learn to play her and stick it out there's maybe hope of not being completely awful

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Boxman posted:

Someone doesn't remember the heady days of Devourer enchant.

Back when Kindred was a monster truck that walked like a man and dealt hp% true damage that scaled with every marked kill?
Oh, I remember it so well

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I guess that's what I don't get. Seems kinda wild that after 50+ games she's maintaining a 10% winrate jump, and that that could be true for most champions. Even including silver games she's still at like 54% at the 50+ game rate.

The numbers just seem kinda crazy, but I guess that means that if I actually learn to play her and stick it out there's maybe hope of not being completely awful

playing off meta stuff gives you an advantage. why? nobody knows how to play against the thing you are playing, but you have 50+ games of match up knowledge. the people picking these things also know what it is good against, and only bring their guy into games that favour them, whereas noobs will slam poo poo into bad matchups and explode like those guys charging into teppelin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cavelcade posted:

its complete nonsense because people on reddit all think they're jungling at a pro level, clearing their jungle at peak efficiency and fighting over every single scuttle crab, then ganking while both jungles are totally empty. they basically think they play in peak pro game conditions.

oh and this is all the scuttle crabs fault, and all laners are bad and dumb if they dont help their "can't duel the other jungler" jungler contest a scuttle crab they can't and shouldn't be fighting over.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This means you're locked into playing only these champions and can't play anything else unless you enjoy losing 10-15 straight games.

learn more champions

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
gonna be honest, the idea of sandbagging a bunch of lovely games so you can play any champion in the game badly is not something i had ever considered, thank you league thread for opening my eyes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I just go to norms for champs I’m bad at v:confused:v

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

gonna be honest, the idea of sandbagging a bunch of lovely games so you can play any champion in the game badly is not something i had ever considered, thank you league thread for opening my eyes

i would not go that far, i just rotate out my best champions and experiment with slightly off meta stuff(and in the case of nami top, extremely on meta stuff which you will be seeing in pro play in a few years once the rest of the world catches up). i still have a staple pool of 10-15 champions i stand by

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

same but also ranked

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

i would not go that far, i just rotate out my best champions and experiment with slightly off meta stuff(and in the case of nami top, extremely on meta stuff which you will be seeing in pro play in a few years once the rest of the world catches up). i still have a staple pool of 10-15 champions i stand by

yeah, it was mostly in reply to the other guy. anyways what counters nami top

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Verviticus posted:

learn more champions

I'm pretty good at Caitlyn. If I played only Caitlyn I would rank up higher than where I'm at. I don't like playing only Caitlyn, so I don't do that. Your suggestion is to play only Caitlyn so I rank up pretty high so games aren't as easy anymore for me as Caitlyn. Your alternative is to... play other champions? Which I'm already doing in this hypothetical scenario?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

anything with strong gap closers can punish a missed bubble very hard. quinn, gnar, and jax are probably the 3 things i want to face against the least as nami top

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Verviticus posted:

Leona

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

yeah i really thought this was what we all did

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

straight up if a shurelia level leona player took her top that would take me to the hoops

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

this is why i play nothing but norms

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ranked is just normals with visible numbers.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Invalid Validation posted:

Ranked is just normals with visible numbers.

And angrier people

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I just had a team all refuse to remake in Ranked, then they acted like I was insane for having an issue with this especially when they were a-okay with calling a surrender not 15 minutes later??? Why would you not remake? Why would you just sit there in a lost game of your OWN VOLITION for 15 minutes before tossing some LP out the window instead of getting off scot-free? Why would you attack the one person not okay with having this inflicted on them for no sane reason?? :psypop:

Am I missing something obvious? The d/c'd person never came back either. I am having a loving aneurysm trying to understand this.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 19, 2019

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I just had a team all refuse to remake in Ranked, then they acted like I was insane for having an issue with this especially when they were a-okay with calling a surrender not 15 minutes later??? Why would you not remake? Why would you just sit there in a lost game of your OWN VOLITION for 15 minutes before tossing some LP out the window instead of getting off scot-free? Why would you attack the one person not okay with having this inflicted on them for no sane reason?? :psypop:

Am I missing something obvious? The d/c'd person never came back either. I am having a loving aneurysm trying to understand this.

There are two reasons I can imagine this occurs:
  • The disconnected player was part of a duo+ group, and their pals were hopeful that they would reconnect, or;
  • League players are stupid, get used to it.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mikujin posted:

There are two reasons I can imagine this occurs:
  • The disconnected player was part of a duo+ group, and their pals were hopeful that they would reconnect, or;
  • League players are stupid, get used to it.

A third possible reason is that someone there was a "diamond smurf" and believed he could solo carry a 4v5 game. Or someone got to play their favorite role / champ for the first time in n games and decided that losing on their fave is more fun than being autofilled again.

That or they're idiots.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I thought about those factors but only raw stupidity explains why EVERYONE voted no. Nobody said a word all game, either, and Illaoi and Ezreal went berserk on me in the lobby afterwards for 'complaining too much' as if this were just an accident and not directly their fault. Why would you risk your Ranked LP for no good reason anyway?? The mind boggles.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1108051254565982208

Riot out here making Gritty creepypasta jesus christ

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Firebert posted:

Not like this

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's Allen IVERNson!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

rito missing a golden opportunity to have a knock-off version of the harlem globetrotters theme playing while you jungle as dunkmaster ivern tbqh

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

This is absolutely incredible. It combines my favorite things, basketball and dealing zero damage

Back to being an Ivern main (and playing League in general)

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Some of the coolest skin poo poo is in recall animations which makes ARAM-only players like me sad

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

Some of the coolest skin poo poo is in recall animations which makes ARAM-only players like me sad

You know that you can/should spam those animations in ARAM still by pressing B right

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Syrinxx posted:

This is a far lighter punishment than you lot deserve

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Firebert posted:

You know that you can/should spam those animations in ARAM still by pressing B right
Whaaaaaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

This is absolutely incredible. It combines my favorite things, basketball and dealing zero damage

Back to being an Ivern main (and playing League in general)

I'm back on the horse, too. Managed to get to Gold tonight; I'm liking Ornn and Galio a lot this season for supports. Lux is also finally in a spot where she's easily an A-tier support, and she's my go-to if I'm stuck first pick with no idea of what my team comp's gonna look like. I even got a chance to try out Kayle support with Guardian, which wasn't too bad into a favorable matchup (Jinx/Kayle vs. Sivir/Janna). W max with Coin is dull but effective; might try out Q max with Spellthief's a few times to see how it compares.