Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you generally want a good, high-damage weapon so you can spike certain enemies to death and also some capability to clean out groups of smaller chaff if you're going to solo. it's not super difficult but sometimes you can get hosed over by spawns since the health on the canister is super low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I run a Nekros with a Health Conversion / Adaptation / Equilibrium / Despoil setup that's tanky as gently caress (especially with a Synth Deconstruct / Fiber Carrier), and with that kind of durability I actually favor Creeping Terror over Shield of Shadows. While Terrify is usually counterproductive, the augment locks everyone in place and makes it extremely effective in a fight.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So having Rev around to do spooky bullshit with bonus lasers and effective invulnerability is a much better gamefeel.

I'm pretty pleased with how my spoopy boi turned out.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Garuda taught me which enemies have the most HP to fling at people. And that the Grineer really suck.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

I run a Nekros with a Health Conversion / Adaptation / Equilibrium / Despoil setup that's tanky as gently caress (especially with a Synth Deconstruct / Fiber Carrier), and with that kind of durability I actually favor Creeping Terror over Shield of Shadows. While Terrify is usually counterproductive, the augment locks everyone in place and makes it extremely effective in a fight.

That's a neat idea, gonna try it out. I run Shield of Shadows and mostly use Terrify only if someone needs a revive in a tough spot which is a waste.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I pubbed over soloing fractures. Literally any build any person is more useful than none as it's mobile defense anyway. Plus extra pair of eyes for finding those drat fissures. (I tried Goons but apparently they're not as lazy as me and had done it all already).

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What's gonna be the prime farming spots this weekend? Drane got me a 30 day resource booster last week and I want to LOAD. UP. If it's a place with decent affinity returns as well, that would be perfecto. Got something like 10 new weapons crafted and waiting to be claimed

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

big cummers ONLY posted:

What's gonna be the prime farming spots this weekend? Drane got me a 30 day resource booster last week and I want to LOAD. UP. If it's a place with decent affinity returns as well, that would be perfecto. Got something like 10 new weapons crafted and waiting to be claimed
Since it looks like the fissure event got extended a week: kill Exploiter Orb until you want to die, and have enough resources to max out Sol U rep + build whatever you want.

Or run a bunch of kuva survival and reroll all the rivens.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Helene will probably be hopping with people farming Orokin cells, and it's pretty good for affinity too. The hot spots are going to be Kuva missions (floods in particular), Toroid farms, Excavations (especially with active fissures) and the Exploiter fight.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1107436575242125312

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1107770202874249216

I really suck at gaming...

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Also notable, (but lacking a GIF).

Don't try to frost bubble over downed fugitives, lest they decide to just levitate in the air. (Enemies are pushed out of the bubble on cast, downed enemies don't move of their own accord. Etc.)

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Do we know what the time limit is on the Buried Debts event? Between this and Nightwave I've got a bad case of FOMO.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sikreci posted:

Do we know what the time limit is on the Buried Debts event? Between this and Nightwave I've got a bad case of FOMO.

~ 6 days from now, they extended it due to some matchmaking bug.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
And it'll be coming back about as often as Ghouls. So, nothing to miss out on.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Tylana posted:

And it'll be coming back about as often as Ghouls. So, nothing to miss out on.

Did they actually confirm that it will be as frequent as ghouls or did they just say it will be a returning event? Because if they intend to only have it come as often as Plague Star, that would kinda suck.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Randler posted:

Did they actually confirm that it will be as frequent as ghouls or did they just say it will be a returning event? Because if they intend to only have it come as often as Plague Star, that would kinda suck.

they have said many, many times that it will happen like the ghouls event does

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Have they ever said why plague star is as rare as it is, while the stuff that comes from it is unobtainable otherwise? Ghoul purge is mostly (all?) stuff you can get from Cetus bounties anyway so it's weird that plague parts and the Fulmination mod just aren't anywhere for 6 months at a time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think people have said plague star gives out a lot of built forma so that might be why they dont do it every other weekend

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's also kind of a disruption to normal plains activities. Trying to fish while you have invested constantly interrupting gets old after a bit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Awesome! posted:

i think people have said plague star gives out a lot of built forma so that might be why they dont do it every other weekend

It does. If you put in all 4 mixer and reactant cans or whatever every run of plague star is 3000 rep, a single built forma is 3000 rep.

if you're willing to grind it hard enough (note: grinding plague star sucks) you can come up with an awful lot of forma.

but as helter says it also fucks up doing anything else on the plains while it's active

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

DoombatINC posted:

Helene will probably be hopping with people farming Orokin cells, and it's pretty good for affinity too. The hot spots are going to be Kuva missions (floods in particular), Toroid farms, Excavations (especially with active fissures) and the Exploiter fight.

It seems goon groups w orokin survival or defense might be nice since they drop neurodes too? I always seem to be short on those

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Keep the forma, I just want to build a dang viral weapon and mod my Pox for giant fart clouds. :/

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Just wanted to post for a sanity check, I wanted to check this Zaw choice, but I've never used them, I've only been in Warframe for about a month.

I'm trying to build a dagger for Covert Lethality with my Inaros, but there are almost no guides on what to do with Zaws. Looking through all the options I ended up on a BALLA + LAKA + VARGEET II RUHANG build. That seem like it's what I'm looking for? I assume I want good speed, crit, and damage primarily.

Thanks!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Speaking of modular weapons I'm trying to build an x23 amp and I need norg and cuthol bait, which is a long way off in ostron standing. Is there any way to trade for them?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Deal with Covert Lethality just that your finishers now kill the target? So damage is meaningless?

Also you can trade fish directly with players, or buy the bits from daily specials with plat if no one in goon clan can hook you up.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Are there any homing weapons besides the phantasma and buzlok?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

In the most recent devstream they mentioned wanting to make finishers into "actually finishers" and not "arbitrary huge damage-doers that may or may not finish the target unless you're using Convert Lethality" so how finishers even mechanically function might be up in the air at some point, but right now speed is king.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Speaking of modular weapons I'm trying to build an x23 amp and I need norg and cuthol bait, which is a long way off in ostron standing. Is there any way to trade for them?

You can't trade bait, but you can trade whole fish. For the amp alone you only need a few of each so if you're far away from Ostron standing with the baits I'd suggest trying to trade/buy them.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

StashAugustine posted:

In addition for trading for fish, you can also just check in clanchat if anybody with bait will take you out fishing with them. I'm pretty sure the effects of bait work for the whole party, so grab a buddy flush with chum and hit the beaches.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Are there any homing weapons besides the phantasma and buzlok?

Larkspur?

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

wid posted:

You can buy a finished mote amp for 500 Onkobuxx and dump it after a single run in Onslaught and gilding.

Apologies if this seems dense, but how do you do this easily? Do you mean pay 500 plat to get someone to build it for you? But you also need enough rep and standing with the faction to even be allowed to gild something I thought (or am I missing something here)? I don't think there's an easy way to "pay2win" through this one, or a bunch of the other nightwave quests / levels... :smith:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

You just straight up buy an assembled basic amp and then gild it. You have to be rank 3 + a bit of rep but if you grind a bunch of dolons and have decent MR you can probably make it

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

metasynthetic posted:

So I don't know if anyone has posted this already but check out the full-auto Opticor Vandal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8lqqcYUrk
Seeing it in action really makes me want a proper full-auto hitscan laser with laser trails weapon now.

One of the 2nd generation amps has a rapid fire hitscan laser primary, which is pretty drat fun for normal enemies. No primary laser m249s that I'm aware of, though :/

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skull Knight posted:

Apologies if this seems dense, but how do you do this easily? Do you mean pay 500 plat to get someone to build it for you? But you also need enough rep and standing with the faction to even be allowed to gild something I thought (or am I missing something here)? I don't think there's an easy way to "pay2win" through this one, or a bunch of the other nightwave quests / levels... :smith:

Onkko sells mote amp blueprints for 500 quills rep, which is basically pennies. nothing like 500 plat. They're cheap and quick to craft (it takes an hour) and then you just level it to 30 by mooching off an onslaught, go back to onkko and gild it (requires some more quills rep, this is the part that might bite you) and you're done

it's probably the fastest, cheapest way to grind the nightwave task but it's not exactly great fun to do.

good news, quills rep is pretty easy to collect in the quantities we're talking about. i think it's 5k to gild which is maybe a couple of the first eidolons - not even triples - worth of cores. 500 is "go out on the plains and dunk on 5 voms" so it's even easier to get started.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

You do need rank 3 for gilding which is a could hydro kills. Also if you've never gilded anything you can just use your starting amp

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've got a few hundred hours in Warframe, but I've never really cared about the MR grind. Decided to get serious about it yesterday and now I have 20 different Warframes building. I'm going to be busy this weekend.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

I've got a few hundred hours in Warframe, but I've never really cared about the MR grind. Decided to get serious about it yesterday and now I have 20 different Warframes building. I'm going to be busy this weekend.

Do yourself a favour and get an affinity booster

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Deal with Covert Lethality just that your finishers now kill the target? So damage is meaningless?

You're right as to the effect of the mod on finishers but it also does a flat damage increase to all melee, which I guess doesn't matter much in arbitrations since I won't be pushing the damage out of a dagger to kill those stupids, but wanted to check if speed has any impact on finishers mostly. If so, I'd probably switch some parts around to go full speed at sacrifice of damage/crit.

Edit: like BALLA + PEYE + JAI II

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Zibidibodel posted:

You're right as to the effect of the mod on finishers but it also does a flat damage increase to all melee, which I guess doesn't matter much in arbitrations since I won't be pushing the damage out of a dagger to kill those stupids, but wanted to check if speed has any impact on finishers mostly. If so, I'd probably switch some parts around to go full speed at sacrifice of damage/crit.

It's mostly the animation that controls finisher speed. Attack rate mods speed up the animation. So some weapons are better than others in doing finisher if you're trying to finish as many target as fast as possible. Single dagger is pretty fast. I find polearms to also be quick in doing finishers. Swords are also fast and looks stylish. Whips take too long. Also note finishers have different animations for doing them from the front or back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Zibidibodel posted:

Edit: like BALLA + PEYE + JAI II

Base weapon attack speed doesn't matter for finishers, just +speed from mods, capping at +50%. If you have a r9 primed fury you're set.