Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This would have been a The Onion tweet before 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

They also want to extend graduate loan forgiveness to 30 years which means that if I decided to go get my PhD today I would qualify for loan forgiveness after reaching retirement age.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Can’t hear audio, please tell me he was relentlessly boo’d.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Started saying something like no one owes him an explanation then he was heckled out of there quickly. Typical Chud coward.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ya some light shaming. No deafening boos.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Every time Trump just slams another dunk on John McCain's corpse I get a little taste of why the MAGAs like him. It's scary.

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1108091018635866113?s=19

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Hopefully some tech-savvy folks figure out who MAGA hat kid is and help make holding / finding a respectable job a living hell for him for the next decade.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Why is she...well why does she have anything at all to do with the government? Let alone "pushing legislation".

God loving dammit could you image anyone motherfucking else just letting their kids run around playing government??

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This shooting has been really hard for me to handle, and I totally lost it at some kids acting like this in an airport terminal the other day. They were sharing the video of the shooting with each other, and sitting a few seats over I could hear the bullets being fired. I've never just yelled at a random group of people like that before.

What the gently caress is wrong with people

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Angry_Ed posted:

"And then next geographical draft season, Syria will be getting the first pick unless Turkey makes a deal with them for one of their regions in exchange for two regions to be named later. This of course might not sit well with Kurdistan who are looking to pick up some promising land prospects this coming year."

And Israel traded 1 turn for 3 Palestinian turns and a turn to be named later.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
As a reminder the only reason that Kushner or his wife are ever in the news is because Kushner.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/nunesalt/status/1107908479363088384?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Kush thinks Jordon is a person.

Also Donnie himself thinks Jordon is Micheal Jordon.

You mean Michael Basketball

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

gently caress both of these bitchmade inverted assholes.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It ended with "gently caress you!"

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

EwokEntourage posted:

the article says its a deferred prosecution agreement where they have to take some classes and do some community service, and if they complete them the charges get dropped. Its fairly common for low level offenses. the admitting you'd be found guilty at trial but not pleading guilty seems like an Alford plea

also not saying they're not getting better treatment for being rich and white

FWIW, I was a public defender for five years and soliciting charges, especially for first-time offenders, frequently picked up deferred plea agreements of exactly this sort -- and given that I was PD, most of my clients weren't rich or white.

It's, frankly, the sort of educational, rehabilitative solution that should be offered to all first-time offenders on soliciting charges, regardless. I guess you'd have to talk someone who practices in that jurisdiction to decide if they're getting unusual treatment from that particular prosecutor's office and, since the article's behind a subscribe-wall, I have no idea if what Kraft and others are being offered is somehow not on the table for other poorer, more colored folks swept up in the sting on that spa.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

CmdrRiker posted:

It ended with "gently caress you!"

"It's just a hat! You nutty liberals are reading into everything!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This fuckwit went to Harvard :psyduck:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 19, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

This fuckwit went to Harvard

daddy had to pay to get him in though.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Don't miss the fact that this did not happen in America, it happened in NZ. We are exporting trumpism

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

"And what does Egypt get?"

"Well, then it's winter, so the Egyptians simply freeze to death!"

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

CuddleCryptid posted:

Don't miss the fact that this did not happen in America, it happened in NZ. We are exporting trumpism

Toronto, NZ?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

CuddleCryptid posted:

Should have also worn a yellow vest for maximum douchebaggery.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

Why is she...well why does she have anything at all to do with the government? Let alone "pushing legislation".

God loving dammit could you image anyone motherfucking else just letting their kids run around playing government??

the first lady is sort of expected to do things know.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This shooting has been really hard for me to handle, and I totally lost it at some kids acting like this in an airport terminal the other day. They were sharing the video of the shooting with each other, and sitting a few seats over I could hear the bullets being fired. I've never just yelled at a random group of people like that before.

If this doesn't prove that the MAGA is code for "White Supremacist". I don't know what is.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

This is good!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Someone just steal the drat hat. Wait for the right moment, get behind him, grab the hat and be running before he realizes what happened. Have a friend in position to trip him if need be. Without the hat he has no reason to be there. Egg Boy can't do this alone.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think MAGA is new enough that it doesn't have quite the stigma of a swastika and I am not sure how to explain the similarities to people. No one wears a Swastika for Hitler's environmental policies just like no one wears a MAGA hat for Trump's protectionism policies.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

TheScott2K posted:

Someone just steal the drat hat. Wait for the right moment, get behind him, grab the hat and be running before he realizes what happened. Have a friend in position to trip him if need be. Without the hat he has no reason to be there. Egg Boy can't do this alone.

Nah put the egg in his hat and then put it right back on the fucker's head

Ruin the hat and egg the kid; 2 birds etc.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Gotta be careful with camera phones. Last guy that did that and was caught on camera got police sent on him super quick.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CmdrRiker posted:

I think MAGA is new enough that it doesn't have quite the stigma of a swastika and I am not sure how to explain the similarities to people. No one wears a Swastika for Hitler's environmental policies just like no one wears a MAGA hat for Trump's protectionism policies.

Use that video. There’s no other reason a NZ person would wear a MAGA hat to a memorial event for victims of a terrorist who listed Trump and MAGA as a symbol of white power in his white power manifesto other than to show solidarity with the terrorist. The only people who will deny that it’s not a symbol of white supremacy and Nazis are those being purposely dishonest

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TheScott2K posted:

(Pull off MAGA hat to reveal tinier hat underneath)

(Pull off tiny hat to reveal even smaller hat)

MAGA Kid: Haha this is crazy I totally didn’t expect this to be an issue. Crazy libs

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

CmdrRiker posted:

I've become convinced over the last year that MAGA has probably always been code for white supremacy.

When you are saying that wealthiest country in the world, with all of it's assets needs to be 'made great again' while being presided over by a black president I think it can only mean that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

Can anyone find additional details about this? One of the only real concrete paragraphs I can find is: The Trump administration also proposes simplifying the student loan system and says Congress "should consolidate the five income-driven repayment options into one simple plan that caps monthly payment at 12.5 percent of a borrower’s discretionary income," and "should extend loan forgiveness to all undergraduate students (after 180 months of repayment through an income-driven repayment plan).

The bolded part is a pretty good step forwards imo but I don't know if the 12.5% cap is higher or lower than it was before

They're already denying everyone's applications for forgiveness, so none of the terms changing matters

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/29/this-public-service-loan-forgiveness-remedy-isnt-reaching-many-people.html

"New data shows that fewer than 30 people have been approved for the relief. Some 30,000 have applied."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Use that video. There’s no other reason a NZ person would wear a MAGA hat to a memorial event for victims of a terrorist who listed Trump and MAGA as a symbol of white power in his white power manifesto other than to show solidarity with the terrorist. The only people who will deny that it’s not a symbol of white supremacy and Nazis are those being purposely dishonest

The video is from Toronto, Canada

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Murgos posted:

I've become convinced over the last year that MAGA has probably always been code for white supremacy.

When you are saying that wealthiest country in the world, with all of it's assets needs to be 'made great again' while being presided over by a black president I think it can only mean that.

trump was asked when he meant when he said "again" and he said the 50s and 60s. yknow before civil rights.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Memnaelar posted:

FWIW, I was a public defender for five years and soliciting charges, especially for first-time offenders, frequently picked up deferred plea agreements of exactly this sort -- and given that I was PD, most of my clients weren't rich or white.

It's, frankly, the sort of educational, rehabilitative solution that should be offered to all first-time offenders on soliciting charges, regardless. I guess you'd have to talk someone who practices in that jurisdiction to decide if they're getting unusual treatment from that particular prosecutor's office and, since the article's behind a subscribe-wall, I have no idea if what Kraft and others are being offered is somehow not on the table for other poorer, more colored folks swept up in the sting on that spa.

the article itself doesnt say (I just assume rich white people get better criminal justice treatment). It does seem weird to have differed prosecution and an alford plea though but I don't practice criminal law

quote:

The proposed deferred prosecution agreement calls for completion of an education course about prostitution, completion of 100 hours of community service, screening for sexually transmitted diseases and payment of some court costs.

But in an unusual provision, the agreement also calls for the defendants to review the evidence in the case and agree that, if it were to go to trial, the state would be able to prove their guilt, this person said.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm confused by your story - specifically how the people sharing the video were "acting like this". I consider that to be ghoulish behavior, but I don't understand how that ties in with the linked video.

Also, can anyone tell what the second person yelling at him says? She mumbles and I don't understand it.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"The younger generations are more progressive!" is something that I don't think is real anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Radish posted:

Gotta be careful with camera phones. Last guy that did that and was caught on camera got police sent on him super quick.

Yeah, at the beginning of that video the guy pulled out his phone and messed with it real quick, no doubt starting recording so he could pull it out again later if anyone actually hosed with him. That was the whole reason he was there.