Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Billzasilver posted:

My (most powerful artist in the world) assistant who works part time and gets paid 300 yen per hour

Oh, ten times the usual rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/joniele13/status/1107287917502689283?s=19

So, it actually works.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The best part is he spent most of the month doing a lower-intensity version of the workout. He didn't get to the full 100 pushups, 100 situps, 10km running until the last week of the month.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna be the person who calls bullshit on that before/after in 30 days. My main guess is that he already had years of doing exercises before to begin with and just got some fat over a few years. In all my years of gym I've never seen anything close to that before/after with such a light routine and (lol) 5 kgs if that before was really the starting point.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 17, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah there's no way that's just some guy who decided "gently caress it I'm doing OPM" one day, there's more to that story.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

That looks entirely possible. I was almost that cut way back when I would do the OPM workout every single day. And I didn’t even do the running part because my knees were weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I can't believe that rest days were a scam this entire time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I doubt that's a month in but I reckon you'd get there before super long.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Billzasilver posted:

That looks entirely possible. I was almost that cut way back when I would do the OPM workout every single day. And I didn’t even do the running part because my knees were weird.

There's a lot of people in my gym who start around that age and across any sort of age range (20s, 30s, 40s, gently caress there's a 80 yo guy my gym who's super ripped, I've seen it all) I've never seen anyone go from that before to after in 30 days if that before was a clean slate. To paraphrase Genos, that's not even a particularly good routine. I also have a good reference because my gym is close to a nearby lake that a lot of the older folks and I like to run across (7.5km) before starting workout, so it's a 7.5km run + ~2km walk. Unless mother nature blessed you hardcore and you squandered it for 40 years you don't go from that before to that after in 30 days.

Friend of mine who's a firefighter says he sees 35-45 yo firefighters undergoing those changes in around that time-frame constantly but again these are all people who had decades of working out and physical conditioning before getting lazy and gaining a few pounds. Say, 5 kg of laziness.

That's only 30 days of change if he already looked like that to begin with, put a few pounds, and the diet did the magic of cutting down on the fat.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 17, 2019

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Those pictures number in the hundreds of thousands and it's not that he built muscle he just cut weight, which is possible in a months time. If you're tiny muscular like that guy, even a bit of fat will hide your muscles really easily

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zK4KX-ZQlg

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whats going on w. genos..

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Not exactly filling me with confidence right here.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
saitama floating out of the building with no effort is killing me lmao

genos' arms are also deeeef CG in a couple of those shots

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Saitama died on the way to his home apartment.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
also everything in that trailer is absolutely from the first episde ooooh boooooy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hahahah oh no

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
season 2 of mob psycho approached the forbidden heights and god is punishing us for our hubris

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeeesh that looked like crap. Genos looks so off model

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp, I really enjoyed the OPM anime, too bad it only lasted one season. At least it was a real good season.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zK4KX-ZQlg&t=68s

this rocket punch is just so weak looking, and the completely stationary "dodging" of genos in the very next scene...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

season 2 of mob psycho approached the forbidden heights and god is punishing us for our hubris

God's just making sure people appreciate Mob Psycho properly by reducing competition.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
At least we have Murata's art.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I see, so Season 2 is making the bold choice of deriving itself from the webcomic rather than the manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If only that were the case

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Elentor posted:

Welp, I really enjoyed the OPM anime, too bad it only lasted one season. At least it was a real good season.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

oh dear that looks very poo poo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
*static images of people talking*

*static images of people dodging*

*embarrassing rocket punch by Genos*

:negative:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

skaianDestiny posted:

At least we have Murata's art.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It says airdate is subject to change. Maybe they’ll delay it to make it better. :unsmith:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Murata redraws anime frame by frame. No new OPM chapter for months.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'd be all for them canning it and putting it back in the oven for however long it takes to make it actually decent

of course the reason they rushed it out is probably ¥

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I recommend watching Shiro Bako. It’s an excellent series in its own right, but gives a real “inside baseball” look into the anime industry. This season 2 OPM situation really feels a lot like what they go through in season 2 of Shiro Bako. I can see these people delivering the finished episodes hours or minutes before airing.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

UchihaHirou posted:

Murata redraws anime frame by frame. No new OPM chapter for months.

If he animated a 13 episode adaptation of the season 2 content by himself in months I'd take that delay in a heartbeat. Holy poo poo.

JC Staff stuff on the other hand is just deflating. Looking forward to the full OP bc always a fan of JAM Project.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean you can see the difference that time and love in a project really makes with MPO, whereas this just seems like....the least amount of effort that you can do without being Berserk. And while this isn't the strongest material for most of the season, it's definitely not going to fly with mediocre art.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Murata redraws the entire s2 except for Saitama.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1107929527718567936

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
If the legend of Galatea ever happens in modern times, I suspect it will be with Murata.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The trailer is the one thing in recent memory that I've seen that has everybody trashing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It's poo poo from an rear end mate.