Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Kalima 467 posted:

From "water" does all life begin.

edit: lame snipe, have some art.

Paul

The Duke

Jessica

Gurney

Duncan

Hawat

Yueh

all by Even Amundsen

Prolonged Panorama fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kiimo posted:

Replaying the entirety of David Lynch's Dune in my head with the knowledge that all fremen are currently getting head from their stillsuit at all times while they speak.

"Usul...has called a biiiiIIIIIIIGGG one...again it is the...legendddd"

"They said your were dead. They saaaaiiiiddddd...YOU YOUNG PUP"

Mmmm, shaaaai huluuuuddd

kiimo posted:

Do not speak aloud of the breeding program

Producing the kwizatz haderach of one-handed typing, Peter F Hamilton.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:swoon:

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
These are cool but what the christ is going on with the duke's right hand.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Temaukel posted:

These are cool but what the christ is going on with the duke's right hand.
I think the angle's just not working well with the paint style

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ehhh does nothing for me

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

well it really gets me goin

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is kolob?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

BONGHITZ posted:

what is kolob?
kolob deez nuts, slig

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Leto II strikes me as someone who could spend all day making dick jokes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

*rolls up a sand trout in the shape of a dick*

*bonds it to his forehead*

*nods his head while making boinging sounds*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Talkin Fremen jizz, I thought inside the sealed confines of a sietch or still tent it was a nonstop naked fuckfest

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

priznat posted:

Talkin Fremen jizz, I thought inside the sealed confines of a sietch or still tent it was a nonstop naked fuckfest

When the tent is a thumpin’...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ratatozsk posted:

When the tent is a thumpin’...

...without rhythm!!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

priznat posted:

...without rhythm!!

To become a true fremen man you must bang in the open desert without attracting the worm.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bangbus Sietch Tabr: Watch this outworlder thump his maker hook into a water-fat Harkonnen slut on drumsand. May Shai-Hulud cleanse their passing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This Bene Gesserit hottie's performance will give you wormsign in your stillsuit the likes of which even God has never had before.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Nubile honored matre hits all 51 excitations points at once. You'll recall all your past lives.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kiimo posted:

Bangbus Sietch Tabr: Watch this outworlder thump his maker hook into a water-fat Harkonnen slut on drumsand. May Shai-Hulud cleanse their passing.

:master:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

priznat posted:

canonically this is only during water of life ceremonies which they do...monthly? weekly?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Doc Hawkins posted:

canonically this is only during water of life ceremonies which they do...monthly? weekly?

And their Reverend Mother says it's mostly to make up for how dreadful their lives are anyway. Which makes sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot about Fremen makes sense considering their lifestyle is basically one step from a Mars colony.

The sietch orgies may not be as literal as they sound but primarily involve letting their past lives awakened by the Spice run wild for a bit, then deny it once it's over, so it's probably also meant to be a pressure release for Spice's effects. It is mentioned that pretty much all Fremen are low-level precogs because of their Spice diets.

Also apparently they make spice beer. The stuff must taste pretty good. Basically Fremen society probably survives on good food. (It is also mentioned that Fremen grow fruit at every opportunity, despite it presumably being water-intensive. Presumably they're well aware of the importance of preventing scurvy)

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Kul Wahad! Reverend Not-Mother catches me with her gom jabbar

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Thirsty Sayyadina drains the young maker from all water of life.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Hot sexy fremen in your area

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
brother catches sister naked with target dummy: eleven lights!

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Best books I have ever read and I don't read that many books. I also played the game.
So good I am going to search and see if there is an audiobook version of them all. The movie seems promising too.
It seems now we only have autistic millennial authors who don't know how to even write a short story.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ragedx posted:

Best books I have ever read and I don't read that many books. I also played the game.
So good I am going to search and see if there is an audiobook version of them all. The movie seems promising too.
It seems now we only have autistic millennial authors who don't know how to even write a short story.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Dune-Audiobook/B002V1OF70

Goldreallas XXX
Oct 22, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think in Dune there was a part where Jessica was thinking about having to change some of the water of life for a ceremony before every razzia, implying that it happens pretty frequently.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If getting high and group loving is not only your only source of getting off but also your only source of fun in life I imagine it doesn't take too long before you're like hey you know what we should totally do? More drugs and orgy.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

kiimo posted:

If getting high and group loving is not only your only source of getting off but also your only source of fun in life I imagine it doesn't take too long before you're like hey you know what we should totally do? More drugs and orgy.

That is cool but so is jumping off a cresting worm's back and plunging your knife into a Sardaukar oppressor's throat and then rubbing his blood on your face as battle is joined with a thousand screams from hell.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I would rather be at the beer orgy, personally. If it could tilt Duncan Idaho, a man renowned for fighting and loving, that must be some crazy sex and good alcohol.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only outcome of two people trying to out fuckbond each other is to fall in love, it is written.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

kiimo posted:

The only outcome of two people trying to out fuckbond each other is to fall in love, it is written.

The fremen didn't strike me as people to write much down tbqh

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was talking about Ghola Duncan and Murabella, neither of which are technically fremen but at that point the lines are pretty unclear.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The portrayal of ornithopters will be a deal breaker for me, design wise.
I swear, if they make some spaceship-y generic double helicopter thing I'm leaving the theater.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Temaukel posted:

The portrayal of ornithopters will be a deal breaker for me, design wise.
I swear, if they make some spaceship-y generic double helicopter thing I'm leaving the theater.

My dumb imagining of the ornithopters were like a sort of golden dragonfly type thing with like, flexible glass wings.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jestery posted:

My dumb imagining of the ornithopters were like a sort of golden dragonfly type thing with like, flexible glass wings.

That sounds cool but it does not sound like a bird.

I believe at this point we can reasonably agree this thread is pro-bird.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

phasmid posted:

That sounds cool but it does not sound like a bird.

I believe at this point we can reasonably agree this thread is pro-bird.

Fair, I interpreted orthopter to just have flapping wings and my mind filled in the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jestery posted:

Fair, I interpreted orthopter to just have flapping wings and my mind filled in the rest

I'm stuck trying to figure out if it'll have a "head" or if it'll look like a flying wing with a pair of anisodactyl landing claws.

fe. I mean, it's wings will still have to look avian.