Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DiggityDoink posted:

northern ireland is gonna own england too soon enough

The British Empire ending with the UK disbanding and England becoming a sweatshop for America is the greatest self-own in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The British Empire ending with the UK disbanding and England becoming a sweatshop for America is the greatest self-own in history.

Lol at the optimism here, Britain doesn't produce anything but poo poo coffee and tax dodging services

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Obliterati posted:

Lol at the optimism here, Britain doesn't produce anything but poo poo coffee and tax dodging services

Oh don't worry. We have plans.

The anti-suicide factory roof nets are being weaved as we speak.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Brits may take your chlorinated chicken, but they will never work. Never.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
We can rent out the royal family to help other countries sell even more weapons to nations that want to do more genocide. Like, you think the US sells a lot now, just wait until they can wave a Prince or two around.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

90s Cringe Rock posted:

We can rent out the royal family to help other countries sell even more weapons to nations that want to do more genocide. Like, you think the US sells a lot now, just wait until they can wave a Prince or two around.

We got Erik Prince, and hes apparently already pretty good at selling genocide

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

RFC2324 posted:

We got Erik Prince, and hes apparently already pretty good at selling genocide
And Reince Priebus, whose name is close enough to count. gently caress, maybe brexit is a bad idea.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just change the country's name quick smart and build lots of animatronics to turn into a Pokemon theme park.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just change the country's name quick smart and build lots of animatronics to turn into a Pokemon theme park.

Mate I live in Scotland and those memes are my harbinger of a tourist crowd even worse than the Potter obsessives

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Obliterati posted:

even worse than the Potter obsessives

That sounds really annoying but let's not say things we don't mean

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gonna set aside $200 so I can hire Prince Harry and Nigel Farage to do rear end to rear end at my birthday party.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Gonna set aside $200 so I can hire Prince Harry and Nigel Farage to do rear end to rear end at my birthday party.

Nige'd probably be down for that for £50.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

And Reince Priebus, whose name is close enough to count. gently caress, maybe brexit is a bad idea.

MaYbE bReXiT iS a BaD iDeA

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Peanut Butter posted:

That sounds really annoying but let's not say things we don't mean

Not like people have been making incredibly terrible Pokemon political analogies that I'm aware of. At least, the creator of Pokemon hasn't been doing so.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pokemon's paper thin plot is a blessing in preventing people from using it for sloppy metaphors

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Uhm, did you all just forget Pokemon Go to the polls?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The only political analysis I take serious are from people who explain everything using Kingdom Hearts metaphors

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Thump! posted:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

MizPiz posted:

The only political analysis I take serious are from people who explain everything using Kingdom Hearts metaphors

I think Dumbledore would have something to say about that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

You have two choices, Pokemon Red and Blue, and to be quite frank the differences are Pokemon Black and White

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Paladinus posted:

That's not an analogy, that's a play on words!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Thump! posted:

Hey now, there was a non-binding referendum that didn't reflect any of the choices now available, I don't see how you can just ignore The Will of The PeopleTM. :colbert:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I think Dumbledore would have something to say about that

“im gay”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bobby Digital posted:

“im gay”

Hermione: Hi gay, I'm black

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ROWLING: Hermione "likes to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a."

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

Naw in Boston we own that poo poo.

I'm in Montana, and we've got several records for largest temperature changes- like 63 during the day and -21 at night (biggest temperature change in 12 hours), fastest temperature change, going from -32 to 15 in 7 minutes, all time biggest temperature range of any state (-70-117). I spent the first 20 years of my life in New England and it's not even close to "owning that poo poo."

Apologies for continuing a derail, have some memes.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Mar 19, 2019

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

om nom nom posted:

I'm in Montana, and we've got several records for largest temperature changes- like 63 during the day and -21 at night (biggest temperature change in 12 hours), fastest temperature change, going from -32 to 15 in 7 minutes, all time biggest temperature range of any state (-70-117). I spent the first 20 years of my life in New England and it's not even close to "owning that poo poo."

I meant we take ownership of being lovely drivers not that our bad weather is the worst sorry that I wasn't clear.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Samovar posted:

God help us if the Russians discover Simpson shitposting...

russia was already on the other end of a geopolitical simpsons shitpost

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/869532150760165377

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone have those animal memes that are grainy and say poo poo like "it tuseday. heck." for each day of the week?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
anyone have a link to that meme where its a bunch of people putting their hands in and its labeled different reasons to go to sleep and the one labeled your brain doesnt actually have his hand in.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Elysiume posted:

Anyone have those animal memes that are grainy and say poo poo like "it tuseday. heck." for each day of the week?

These?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

right in my veins

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

snergle posted:

anyone have a link to that meme where its a bunch of people putting their hands in and its labeled different reasons to go to sleep and the one labeled your brain doesnt actually have his hand in.

If it helps, the meme format is called "round table" but some idiots, some complete morons, will call it "swords united".

Edit: it occurs to me you might not be talking about this. Here's an example:

Memento has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Mar 20, 2019

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

PittTheElder posted:

Hey now, there was a non-binding referendum that didn't reflect any of the choices now available, I don't see how you can just ignore The Will of The PeopleTM. :colbert:

Never heard of the electoral college? :smuggo:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Memento posted:

If it helps, the meme format is called "round table" but some idiots, some complete morons, will call it "swords united".

Edit: it occurs to me you might not be talking about this. Here's an example:

I think I know what he is talking about tho I don't have it. Its like an indian wedding and everyone is reaching in to ??? in the middle, and one dudes hand isn't even trying to touch everyone elses.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ahh yeah that one. Not sure, some memelord will come past soon to let us know though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hey Buffalo Bill
What did you kill
Buffalo Bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

When you're too lazy to pick one