Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jit bull transpile posted:

My friend gave me Bayonetta 1 and 2 as a post surgery gift and I'm finding it really hard. Combos don't seem to fire off even though I'm hitting the right button sequences, lock on doesn't seem to do anything and the camera is a struggle. Does anyone have any advice on how to suck less at this game or is there a dedicated threads where I can get advice?

My most played action games are bloodborne and breath of the wild and I'm having serious trouble adjusting to this games control scheme and timing.

The dots in the combos are pauses you need to learn the timing

The camera sucks try not to micromanage it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Dizz posted:

The Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game, it's a port, correct?

It's a port of the Wii game and it's kinda mediocre as a dungeon crawler but if we're grading it on the curve of Dungeon Crawlers On Consoles it's completely fine and very cute.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Dizz posted:

The Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game, it's a port, correct?

I think it's a sequel, https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/chocobos-mystery-dungeon-every-buddy-switch says "A new installment of the ever-popular series is here!" and talks about systems that weren't in the first game.

I absolutely loved the first one so I pre-ordered this one already, but a lot of that was probably my love for the classic FF style and job system and not that the game was objectively great.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Bayonetta is hard try the one hand mode. It simplifies some things and automates some actions and in general is a good accessibility mode

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How much is Turok?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

How much is Turok?

Too much.

$20. To be fair there was a lot of work done to it, at least with the Steam version. If this is anything similar, it's a really, really quality port.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

$20 is a steal for one of the greatest FPS games of the 90's :colbert:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108184949746614272

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

That's dope, this will be the only time that NES Contra's ever been rereleased outside of a bonus in Contra 4. Unless they do the most Konami thing possible and just include the arcade version

edit:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108186786298097665

Yup that's the Contra Arcade title screen, lol owned

Fawf fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 20, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108186786298097665

No Castlevania Aventure? No thanks (unless they're including the remaster).

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Instant buy for me if SotN is on that list even though it might be the only one I'll play

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mak0rz posted:

Instant buy for me if SotN is on that list even though it might be the only one I'll play
SotN and Rondo won't be on there because they're part of the Sony exclusive double pack.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

gently caress you Konami you piece of poo poo :mad:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I might be walking into a door here but, does konomi even know what exclusives are?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

gently caress you Konami you piece of poo poo :mad:

They might be better at leaving money on the table than even Nintendo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did I hear news of Return to the Obra Dinn coming to Switch soon?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay I see CV 3 and 4 on there so it still might be a buy if they also include Bloodlines.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mak0rz posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1108189749179629568

Sounds like it's only gonna be pre-SotN games to me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The arcade collection has Haunted Castle which might be the shittiest Castlevania game from what I understand

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Haunted Castle is the one where a basic skeleton can body you and you only get 3 lives and NO CONTINUES iirc, kinda glad I didn't play it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q859ehoT8GY
Shaw Brothers produced the games opening Cinema

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I own and love Hollow Knight on Steam how stupid am I for considering buying it on Switch

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wheeee posted:

I own and love Hollow Knight on Steam how stupid am I for considering buying it on Switch

Do it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheeee posted:

Very.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like to call it Hollow Shite

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Part of the fun of the Switch is playing games on a handheld that you couldn’t before

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I own 4 different versions of Shovel Knight and 0 versions of Hollow Knight.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Aww poo poo I wasn't thinking anything of the posts about how the Switch wifi sucks cause I wasn't taxing it too much, just Tetris 99 and a few downloads but tried the free Splatoon 2 today and disconnected from four of the five matches I managed to get into. Don't have an Ethernet option in this room and I'm not gonna bother with powerline plus the Switch adapter but at least I learned enough to keep from buying this or Mario Kart or Smash unless I intend to get a lot out of singleplayer/local. Game seems fun though.

I know the PS4 wifi is reviled too but I never have trouble with AC7 online. Just netcode?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RandomFerret posted:

They're just not all that good, and they've all had rereleases already. Now, if they were doing a rerelease of the handheld games, I'd be all over it

*monkey's paw slowly closes one finger as Castlevania Adventure is announced for switch online*

God drat it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

okay i finally pulled the trigger. I ordered Breath of the Wild (with an explorer's guide?), a Pro controller and the neon console with the eshop credit.

I think I'm gonna use the eshop credit on Mario Kart at some point and will probably make my way through SMO, Rabbids, and the rest eventually. Excited to join you guys!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

okay i finally pulled the trigger. I ordered Breath of the Wild (with an explorer's guide?), a Pro controller and the neon console with the eshop credit.

I think I'm gonna use the eshop credit on Mario Kart at some point and will probably make my way through SMO, Rabbids, and the rest eventually. Excited to join you guys!

:great:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

It's the definitive version. Everything the PC option has with added mobility.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The only explorer's guide you need in BotW are your own imagination and thirst for adventure.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Don't use the guide unless you want to find something specific or get stumped.

Mak0rz posted:

The only explorer's guide you need in BotW are your own imagination and thirst for adventure.

:yeah:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Congratulations, get ready to experience Good Times

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m gonna try motion controls in Splatoon now. I thought they were okay but changed them right away. Thanks for inspiring me thread! I will go back tonight and gyrote!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I admit that Konami putting all of this on everything ---even Steam---is the biggest move they've ever made in terms of game preservation, even if they're not quite at the level Capcom's been at with their legacy collections. However I doubt the 3 CV GBA games will be part of that collection and we really loving need the Alucard/Richter games elsewhere.

If they're gonna do collections, now's the time to just swallow their pride and put out Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I wouldn't let friends drive without a steering wheel

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just got the Miiverse bottle in wind waker HD and :smith:

Why the gently caress did you kill Miiverse Nintendo you're still putting out games for the 3ds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Finally dropped the cash on Turok and suddenly I'm back in middle school. Hell yeah. Port runs great, and once I adjusted the gyro sensitivity, motion aiming is perfect even in handheld.