Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Cubone posted:

milhouse's parents getting divorced and staying divorced at the end of the episode was hilarious exactly because by sitcom logic it shouldn't have happened

"can I borrow a feeling" was perfect set-up and pay-off for getting them back together and luann was just like EW NO.

e:

Homer's immediate reaction to seeing this is something I always laugh at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
South Park is the other obvious sitcom where continuity matters.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It really isn't a preachy episode though. She doesn't change anyone's mind but her own. It and "The Old Man and the Lisa" are probably the worst Lisa episodes of the classic era though.

lisa the vegetarian is a preachy episode because paul mccartney is a preachy stuck-up fart. he refused to do the show unless her becoming vegetarian would be a permanent change, because it's a serious topic.

richard gere had the same demand about buddhism and that episode.

the bit where homer spits the wax out and it instantly congeals into a spike that he snaps off is another one of this show's animation triumphs

this is incredible. i never realized that all of these scenes were the same person -- and that they've given him consistent characterization to boot. amazing

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Paul McCartney also said no to Weird Al's request to do a parody of "Live and Let Die" called "Chicken Pot Pie" because it would encourage people to eat meat

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

He learns this in KOREA?!

Yes, at a Buddhist monastery that they name-drop so I assume it's on the Wikipedia page for South Korea.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo I never realized this

homeless guy posted:

Paul McCartney also said no to Weird Al's request to do a parody of "Live and Let Die" called "Chicken Pot Pie" because it would encourage people to eat meat

lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These “Best Of Minor Character” are just “all of Minor Character”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Arnie Pye in the Sky is all killer no filler

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

These Best Of Minor Character are just all of Minor Character

Yeah cause they rule

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I've only ever seen seasons 2-8 and E My Sports, and the esports episode was definitely really bad, but a lot of the jokes were surprisingly confusing. Bart growing a puberty stache? Krusty's daughter saying "if we win I'll be the most famous girl gamer ever! Or even if we don't!"? Is it because her father is a celebrity? The MASH riot thing? The weird abrupt wrap-up with first class to get Homer and Marge back to normal?

Like maybe I'm just an idiot but it didn't seem like the jokes were even thought out enough to be bad, I just got the sense that I was missing some information. It gave the whole episode a really weird tone, and the ghoulish season 30 animation didn't help either.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its MASH because its Korea.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Krusty's daughter is saying there's so few famous girl gamers that she'll be the most famous one as a runner-up

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jay Rust posted:

My favourites are the ones that clearly demonstrate how the writing has degenerated as the character has got less funny over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ti-KRlZuZI

"I see a lot of things." Gets a laugh out me every time.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I had no idea that Johnny Tightlips was a recurring character

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
When Fat Tony dies of a heart attack, Fit Tony moves to Springfield and takes his cousin's place running the Springfield Mob. The pressure of the position gets to him and he begins to over-eat which causes him to put on weight. As a result of this weight gain he becomes known as Fit-Fat Tony and then simply Fat Tony, as he turned exactly in the same emotional and physical form of his late cousin

Fit-Fat Tony, now nicknamed Fat Tony, now looks exactly like his cousin to such an extent that it is as if the original Fat Tony never died. This physical resemblance suggests that all previous appearances of Fat Tony are in fact of Fit Fat Tony in a similar situation to Snowball II and Snowball V or Armin Tamzarian and real Seymour Skinner.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

homeless guy posted:

When Fat Tony dies of a heart attack, Fit Tony moves to Springfield and takes his cousin's place running the Springfield Mob. The pressure of the position gets to him and he begins to over-eat which causes him to put on weight. As a result of this weight gain he becomes known as Fit-Fat Tony and then simply Fat Tony, as he turned exactly in the same emotional and physical form of his late cousin

Fit-Fat Tony, now nicknamed Fat Tony, now looks exactly like his cousin to such an extent that it is as if the original Fat Tony never died. This physical resemblance suggests that all previous appearances of Fat Tony are in fact of Fit Fat Tony in a similar situation to Snowball II and Snowball V or Armin Tamzarian and real Seymour Skinner.

that really sucks dude

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why does a character whose entire joke is that he says very little say so many words in the later clips

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SirSamVimes posted:

why does a character whose entire joke is that he says very little say so many words in the later clips

who

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

homeless guy posted:

I really hate this so much.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

homeless guy posted:

Didn't even get it right: it should be Fat-Fit Tony

idiots

i sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourites are the ones that clearly demonstrate how the writing has degenerated as the character has got less funny over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ti-KRlZuZI
jesus, it turns on a loving dime

whenever it leaves standard definition it's like being punched in the face

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the ep where apu got plastic surgery to give him mr burns nose and then homer had a manic freakout about raping maggi after they got home and had a group hug

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and marge went HOMO- i mean HOMIE STOP OR ILL CALL WIGGUM

an bart barfed up a cow

aand then lisa was like DAAAAAD millhouse showed me his penis

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
then barney showed up with a six pack and DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNDUNDUNDUN-DUN DUN

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah that was a pretty poo poo episode

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Was a real big fan of the one where the kids ate at italion joes ugh god i cant do this anymore....

remember when ottoman took a ton of meth and molly and drove off a cliff and landed on plymouth rock?

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
are u okay my man

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah. doing jokes before i become a front page writer.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
okay, be safe and take care. remember to drink water

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

There’s a front page??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LouisF posted:

aand then lisa was like DAAAAAD millhouse showed me his penis
So was it just like a nubbin just covered in bush or like a nubbin with a single long pube

picture his nose and go from there, thanks

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Disney definitely does not zombify it's IP.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/new-disney-website-banner-suggests-fox-lost-the-simpsons

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Disney retool Simpsons since you're in charge on all our loving entertainment

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Upcoming episode: Shary Bobbins meets Mary Poppins

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tiberius Christ posted:

Get ready for Simpsons Star Wars.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Marge is an official Disney Princess

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tiberius Christ posted:

I'll flip if they drop Al Jean

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the episode where santas helper sings frozen songs

zzzzzzzzzzSNORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Cubone posted:

jesus, it turns on a loving dime

whenever it leaves standard definition it's like being punched in the face

that last one could have been good if they just cut out the waiter and held on him for like 20 silent seconds or something