Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

wolrah posted:

It amazes me sometimes how much effort people will put in to trolling. I at least kinda get the cheat vendors who advertise their wares in their usernames, when they're showing up constantly in the kill feed of a popular streamer that probably drives sales, but the idea of constantly creating burner accounts and cycling money through them just to gently caress with people is somewhat mind boggling.

Especially when this dude does this to harass the nicest steamer in pubg. Dude is the Bob Ross of pubg for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hockles posted:

I'm actually discussing with Hawkinz what can be done with certain stream snipers. Because we've figured out that one main stream-sniper has been buying PUBG on burner accounts, playing for one hour or so, then refunding the game. Only to do it again on a new account right after that.

Only thing I can thing of is to coordinate with Steam to refuse the refunds somehow. Once he realizes it's going to start costing him every day, it'll stop with a quickness. But that'll take active monitoring from Bluehole and cooperation from Steam (and the guy might just change his name so as to not be recognizable).

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Hockles posted:

No idea what happened to those two specific hackers, however I did snag this screenshot on Monday. It's likely these guys were banned for stream-sniping, since I believe it is a different message if it is for hacking.

I believe that somebody from PUBG (probably Hawkinz) was watching choco's stream and was just banning people when they kept showing up on stream. I'm actually discussing with Hawkinz what can be done with certain stream snipers. Because we've figured out that one main stream-sniper has been buying PUBG on burner accounts, playing for one hour or so, then refunding the game. Only to do it again on a new account right after that.

Saygin, the legend.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

Only thing I can thing of is to coordinate with Steam to refuse the refunds somehow. Once he realizes it's going to start costing him every day, it'll stop with a quickness. But that'll take active monitoring from Bluehole and cooperation from Steam (and the guy might just change his name so as to not be recognizable).

Don't steamers play custom matches? If so just make customs unavailable until you've played X hours of matches.

(Yes you could leave it running afk, but by that point you'd be outside the refund window)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

blunt posted:

Don't steamers play custom matches?

Wait what? I thought guys like Choco just dropped normally like the rest of us. Is this a thing?

I mean, I know custom matches exist, but those were for special events like zombie games or whatever not to isolate themselves from the general game population.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Hockles posted:

I believe that somebody from PUBG (probably Hawkinz) was watching choco's stream and was just banning people when they kept showing up on stream. I'm actually discussing with Hawkinz what can be done with certain stream snipers. Because we've figured out that one main stream-sniper has been buying PUBG on burner accounts, playing for one hour or so, then refunding the game. Only to do it again on a new account right after that.

Maybe lock matchmaking for the first two hours of gameplay to only match with players that have under X amount of hours in the game? Somehow. Or have baby PUBG rounds that only get populated with less experienced players.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

blunt posted:

Don't steamers play custom matches?

No, they just play in the regular servers like pretty much everyone else.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

wolrah posted:

It amazes me sometimes how much effort people will put in to trolling. I at least kinda get the cheat vendors who advertise their wares in their usernames, when they're showing up constantly in the kill feed of a popular streamer that probably drives sales, but the idea of constantly creating burner accounts and cycling money through them just to gently caress with people is somewhat mind boggling.

Seriously. That guys life must be so sad to be wasting it on dumb poo poo like that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Look Sir Droids posted:

Maybe lock matchmaking for the first two hours of gameplay to only match with players that have under X amount of hours in the game? Somehow. Or have baby PUBG rounds that only get populated with less experienced players.

The problem with this is that matchmaking times would be much longer for those people and they're already getting pretty long on some maps since the player base started to drop off a bit.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Shooting Blanks posted:

Trust me, this the goal of my convo with Hawkinz.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I haven't been studying death cams much lately but this death felt a little suspicious for some reason.
Are death cams broken in some interesting new way?

If I should take this one at face value:
* Guy's aim snaps around instantly then back before shooting me
* Does not ADS yet headshots me killing me

On the other hand,
* Why would the aim bot miss two shots? Presumably because he did not ADS, and non-ADS shots have randomness.
* Player's stats do not look suspicious
* Failure to show ADS could be a bug (see below)

Note how it incorrectly says 100 players alive, should be 17. Was not actually in the blue. Also, inside of eyeballs etc but I'm used to that particular glitch.
I mean, he probably just shot me fair and square but I hate that they still can't make death cams work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqx85ku4sTs

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 9, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
replay looks broke as gently caress mate

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Without even knowing they're playing, me and BCRock end up in 2-3 choco/Boomzy or destinyschicken games relatively often, just playing regular duos.

This is why smokes are the best, we went on to dinner this one (no idea how we survived when the smoke faded)
https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticEmpathicGaurKappaRoss

https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyRelatedGuanacoDoritosChip

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 10, 2019

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Without even knowing they're playing, me and BCRock end up in 2-3 choco/Boomzy or destinyschicken games relatively often, just playing regular duos.

This is why smokes are the best, we went on to dinner this one (no idea how we survived when the smoke faded)
https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticEmpathicGaurKappaRoss

https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyRelatedGuanacoDoritosChip

"You're dead bitch"

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I haven't been studying death cams much lately but this death felt a little suspicious for some reason.
Are death cams broken in some interesting new way?

If I should take this one at face value:
* Guy's aim snaps around instantly then back before shooting me
* Does not ADS yet headshots me killing me

On the other hand,
* Why would the aim bot miss two shots? Presumably because he did not ADS, and non-ADS shots have randomness.
* Player's stats do not look suspicious
* Failure to show ADS could be a bug (see below)

Note how it incorrectly says 100 players alive, should be 17. Was not actually in the blue. Also, inside of eyeballs etc but I'm used to that particular glitch.
I mean, he probably just shot me fair and square but I hate that they still can't make death cams work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqx85ku4sTs

While it's most likely lovely, glitchy replay, there are some aimbots that will "miss" some shots to make it less likely to be reported. At least that happened in BF4.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Yeah the fact the guy has a 1.3 KDR tells me he's probably not cheating.

Don't even get me started on the replay. It loads the replay fine, but the UI is missing (I can't see a timeline or players list, or even get the esc menu to exit), and the camera is stuck at water level somewhere in the ocean.
It's just that particular match.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

pubg is a quality program

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Does anyone know if fixpubg.com was taken down?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why wouldn't it be, they fixed it

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Well I'll be damned...
https://plays.tv/video/5c7ee83b77ea350e0c/klausvonbulow-is-a-hacker?section=feed

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I for one am shocked this person with a 90% headshot rate is a hacker

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Eclipse12 posted:

Well I'll be damned...

How long did it take?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I gave some entertainment to a streamer for 20 minutes. He thought I was a bot. I like how he immediately says I was pretty terrible because I one-shot killed him.

https://pubg.report/streams/582379a7-777f-4187-ac0f-2f1d94ef89b9/268435637

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 12, 2019

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Neutrino posted:

I gave some entertainment to a streamer for 20 minutes. He thought I was a bot. I like how he immediately says I was pretty terrible because I one-shot killed him.

To be fair, much of his critique of your playing rings true... :-D

Like how come you were crouching with a nade in your hand in a room, then scoping the top of the antenna (which is impossible to get to) for a while, etc... Were you high?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

To be fair, much of his critique of your playing rings true... :-D

Like how come you were crouching with a nade in your hand in a room, then scoping the top of the antenna (which is impossible to get to) for a while, etc... Were you high?

Dude, I checked last time I went to the bathroom, I'm not a bot. I killed the dude with an IQ10000 move because I heard him coming and just waited for the right moment. It was loving flawless. Little known fact that if you change your view you can better hear the direction people are moving from. It doesn't mean I was looking at a wall, I was listening in that direction. Sitting there and holding a grenade was multi-tasking doing something else at the same time. You also notice that in FPP you can see around the scope, not just through the scope? That is useful.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

How many drugs do you take to play this game (or any game) like this?

As for your seeing around scope comment, it's extremely valid for red dots and holos, not so much a 3x. In your case: you zoomed into part of a tower that had a zero chance of an enemy being there and your surroundings around your scope were literally the god drat sky.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

How many drugs do you take to play this game (or any game) like this?

Not as many as noob-bitch but he's in a class all by himself. I thought drugs were a pre-req for playing with goons?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Neutrino posted:

To be honest the funniest part is him saying there are bots because he has been killing people with 0.2 k/d , which happens to be right around your k/d ratio. That dude was pretty chill overall.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

How long did it take?

No more than three days.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Neutrino posted:

Dude, I checked last time I went to the bathroom, I'm not a bot. I killed the dude with an IQ10000 move because I heard him coming and just waited for the right moment. It was loving flawless. Little known fact that if you change your view you can better hear the direction people are moving from. It doesn't mean I was looking at a wall, I was listening in that direction. Sitting there and holding a grenade was multi-tasking doing something else at the same time. You also notice that in FPP you can see around the scope, not just through the scope? That is useful.

I agree, your shotgun kill was perfectly fine playing - it's part and parcel of PUBG that one valid tactic is "when you hear someone, crouch and wait for them". Sucks for him, but who hasn't done that from time to time. He's entitled to whine a bit but his entire rant was a bit much.

But honestly your sluggish scoping and seemingly aimless movement was probably what reminded him of CS bots. That's almost exactly what they do on the easiest level. Except they don't also know when to hide with an S12k

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Miramar gone. Vikendi gone. Game dead?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was getting back into it with my group of friends until Apex arrived and none of us have even launched pubg since then

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Today, chocoTaco played an Erangel random squad game where he landed Zharki, the circle ended the far southeast coast of Military Island, he wiped a squad getting to a late circle just east of Mil Base while having zero meds and enemy squad together had one kit and one painkiller, then died to a proner who two shot arm shot him. It's amazing that Bluehole still hasn't bothered to make Erangel's loot more tolerable, even though the first thing changed on every competitive game on Erangel is to jack the loot up.

Watch them barely change the dials such that it's totally unnoticeable except one ludicrously common item like a hundred and fifty smoke grenades in every house.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

and still no one will be able to smoke a downed teammate!!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

and still no one will be able to smoke a downed teammate!!

well hopefully they won't run out of smokes and throw a frag

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Historically they just throw whatever grenade is equipped with the best intent of it being a smoke.

Mixed results so far

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Salean posted:

Historically they just throw whatever grenade is equipped with the best intent of it being a smoke.

Mixed results so far

I've done it and it's never not funny to accidentally set a downed teammate on fire.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
New patch on experimental. UMP is now .45 and Vector is 9mm. The whole world just got tipped upside down!

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Canuckistan posted:

New patch on experimental. UMP is now .45 and Vector is 9mm. The whole world just got tipped upside down!

They better change the magazine on the ump so it’s straight then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Mae posted:

They better change the magazine on the ump so it’s straight then

:hai: