Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mycroft Holmes posted:

bold of you to assume there will be cars in the UK soon.

everyone in 50mpg jaguar hatchbacks by 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

2222 brexit runner

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1108315560369160192

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/1108291810726735872

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Politicians are in such a frenzy about brexit but I just reaaally want it to happen so bad. Pls Britain, do the brexit.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
my real question is what the irish think right now. exactly how much schadenfreude are they feeling?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

julian assflange posted:

that’s a fairly stupid poll the answer is obvious for many people. I’m also tired of how many people here have this romantic view of what a united ireland would look like. We would want whatever NI costs the U.K. per year at least in annual payments for 100years before I would even consider voting for that.

roi wants to know its roi

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1108339682591547395

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mycroft Holmes posted:

my real question is what the irish think right now. exactly how much schadenfreude are they feeling?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Ireland looking good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao paragraph 3

i thought for sure they would get an extension and they don't deserve one

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Lol that's the best she could come up with

They're going to tell May to go gently caress herself and UK's going to crash out

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I can't believe she brought up Bercow as the primary excuse and then laments the fact that it has to pass through both houses of Parliament. Lmao

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lolol so wait her complaint is that the same motion that didn't pass twice that the mean old speaker wouldn't bring up a third time, will pass this time?

ty manifisto

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Also lol at acknowledging that she's not supposed to bring the same bill back for MV3 but plans to do so (somehow) anyway

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

I wonder how the official "delivery" of such a letter works? Is it sent by mail, courier, email? Is it uploaded to some sort of EU-Dropbox? Do May and Tusk have a shared Google Document going on?

Edit: Or, of course, entirely done through Twitter now.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

all this insipid and perfidious posturing for an atom of saved face before the tories ransack a no deal UK like that video of a chinese buffet is getting really boring my dudes

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

dog ate my homework

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

absolutely no way the extension is granted lmao

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

bitmap posted:

all this insipid and perfidious posturing for an atom of saved face before the tories ransack a no deal UK like that video of a chinese buffet is getting really boring my dudes

there's definitely only 9 more days of that before we get to the good poo poo though

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Hoping the EU offers an extension if the UK holds elections "to break the gridlock." It's the only real path I see to avoid the cliff, and also would be deeply humiliating for May and therefore hilarious.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
lol at once great empire groveling and begging EU for just a few more weeks please sir

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

lol at once great empire groveling and begging EU for just a few more weeks please sir

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I feel bad for the ordinary British people, but they kept voting for Torrie governments.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I feel bad for the ordinary British people, but they kept voting for Torrie governments.

we didn't last time

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

ghouldaddy07 posted:

They voted for Brexit by a slim majority and their two major parties' MPs (a significantly larger majority of the electorate) voted for Brexit, so a huge part of the ordinary British people only have theirselves to blame.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

CactusWeasle posted:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

julian assflange posted:

My one demand as an Irish person would be a massive devaluation of the pound so I can buy a new car in the U.K. soon.

The moment May said "June 30" the Pound lost almost 1% to the Euro

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I hope the EU sends over a letter to England that simply says “Brexit means Brexit.”

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

twoday posted:

I hope the EU sends over a letter to England that simply says “Brexit means Brexit.”

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

twoday posted:

I hope the EU just sends them a response exclusively in French.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

univbee posted:

I hope the EU just sends them a response exclusively in French.

brexit signifie brexit

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The Eu response should be Nice meltdown

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

What's French for "ma'am this is a Wendy's drive thru"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
In awe at this level.of competence

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/statu...ingawful.com%2F

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, the eu has every reason (other than pure spite) to want to approve an extension, but may is still doing her solid best to change their minds

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goon Danton posted:

Madame, vous êtes au service-au-volant pour un Wendy's.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Goon Danton posted:

I wish Wendys had stayed open in the UK, McDonalds and Burger King are poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao i dunno i'm also willing to consider that asking for an extension beyond the elections is part of an incredibly stupid plan to get parliament to vote for her deal that she cant bring up for a vote again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

They're so obvious about wanting may to hurry up and take the fall so they can get to the looting

if somehow brexit doesn't go through the left will hate her for almost killing everyone and the right will hate her for not killing everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao i dunno i'm also willing to consider that asking for an extension beyond the elections is part of an incredibly stupid plan to get parliament to vote for her deal that she cant bring up for a vote again

she's already brought up her stupid deal so many times that it's now specifically law that she cannot bring it up again

what does she think will change with another vote