Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
For myself

Realms On Parade Draws posted:

Type-0 Dupe BSB
Tactics Oran LMR
FFXV Prompto BSB
FFXIV Papalymo USB
FFXIII Lightning BSB1
FFXII Penelo USB1 and Basch BSB
FFXI Curilla USB1
FFX Jecht LMR EnFire
FFIX Amarant BSB
FFVIII Edea EnIce (This was good, I had her USB and BSB)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
As usual, I'm waiting to do all mine at once.

I'm need to know the 4A banners badly. I'm stuck on Syldra, so I'm considering betraying my Bartz plans in order to go after Celes Chain/USB2 and Laguna USB2. I just can't see Bartz's AASB in an off-element breaking through Savage Mode chainless, even with Ignis backing him up. And pulling fantastic-tier poo poo is no good if it doesn't help me clear something I'm stuck on, right?

If I do get Celes Chain I'd probably buy her USB1, or Laguna's.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, for Bartz chasers I'd mention his awakening returned on JP's next fest and the V event after it, too. I don't think Celes and Laguna stuff from 4th aniv reappeared so far (though Celes does eventually get an awakening of her own).

Overall next fest after 4th aniv is pretty light on chains (only Fujin and Gabrath), though it does come with tripple awakening banners.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Got ZellLMR today :[

Also pulled on the latest FFV banner in search of chains and ended up with that weird Gogo mimic USB instead. How on earth do I use this thing?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Use it after someone else casted a water spell (or curaga if you need healing), then keep casting water spells with him.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, it's basically the same as Edge SSB2 (aka Edge USB0), instead it trades the PBlink for Enwater and repeating whatever non-SB action went off last twice. So use it after a summon/chain-ja/curada/etc as needed.

Alternately, pop it right after someone uses wrath and get a second one queued up almost instantly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pulled Garnet USB from IX which is nice since I roll her chain and the only other thing I had was her BSB

Also got Gabranath USB but meh my physical dark is crowded already with TGC, seifer chain, sice and one or two others.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I finally got Doomtrain! Choo choo motherfuckers!

MightyMar
Oct 18, 2012
Got Laguna's Ice chain today from RoP. Real happy with that. First gen2 chain I got as well!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MarquiseMindfang posted:

As usual, I'm waiting to do all mine at once.

I'm need to know the 4A banners badly. I'm stuck on Syldra, so I'm considering betraying my Bartz plans in order to go after Celes Chain/USB2 and Laguna USB2. I just can't see Bartz's AASB in an off-element breaking through Savage Mode chainless, even with Ignis backing him up. And pulling fantastic-tier poo poo is no good if it doesn't help me clear something I'm stuck on, right?

If I do get Celes Chain I'd probably buy her USB1, or Laguna's.

Can you even do them all at once? They seem to be only posting one each day and removing the previous day

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

triplexpac posted:

Can you even do them all at once? They seem to be only posting one each day and removing the previous day

If you're referring to the Luck of the Realms draws (formerly known as Realms on Parade), they do post a new one each day, but they only remove them when you do your one pull for that realm. (Or when the overall end date is, which is the same for every realm).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Yes only one banner up at a time and it goes away before the next. But there’s maintenance on the 20th and good chance dataminers will tell us what will be on the banners based on that.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Avalerion posted:

Yes only one banner up at a time and it goes away before the next. But there’s maintenance on the 20th and good chance dataminers will tell us what will be on the banners based on that.

(I am also waiting til later after fest to pull and it is agony)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like there's a three way split of confusion between people talking about the parade draws, some people who didn't know that the parade draws go away after you pull on them, and people talking about the upcoming awakening banner draws

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Indecisive posted:

(I am also waiting til later after fest to pull and it is agony)

Thought the question was about fest banners.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hmm, just realized we're getting 3 lucky draws soon for LMRs, OSBs, and USBs. Honestly not sure if it's worth pulling on the first two though, LMRs are such a crapshoot and I think literally the only OSB I've ever bothered using is Orlandeau's, and even that was only until I got his USB. I guess they could have some utility in Torment dungeons that I have weak coverage in, but ehhh the fest banners are just too good.

Though I kinda feel like the only banners I'm gonna end up pulling on are the Bartz awakening and the pile o' chains. I'm only gonna have about 200 mythril and those seem like the most concentrated banners for fuckin' up endgame stuff.

edit: Score, my luck returns with Seph's 20-hit AOSB. That...might be enough to push my BSB'd Shadow off of my dark phys team. Shadow puts in a shitload of work, but 20 hits with an OSB cap sounds nuts in conjunction with Gabranth's chain. Is it as good as it sounds or is the potency really low or some lame poo poo?

And a semi-related question: should I be hoarding rosetta stones right now, or is it fine to use them? The legendary weapon things use their own materials, right?

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 19, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hmm, just realized we're getting 3 lucky draws soon for LMRs, OSBs, and USBs. Honestly not sure if it's worth pulling on the first two though, LMRs are such a crapshoot and I think literally the only OSB I've ever bothered using is Orlandeau's, and even that was only until I got his USB. I guess they could have some utility in Torment dungeons that I have weak coverage in, but ehhh the fest banners are just too good.

Though I kinda feel like the only banners I'm gonna end up pulling on are the Bartz awakening and the pile o' chains. I'm only gonna have about 200 mythril and those seem like the most concentrated banners for fuckin' up endgame stuff.

edit: Score, my luck returns with Seph's 20-hit AOSB. That...might be enough to push my BSB'd Shadow off of my dark phys team. Shadow puts in a shitload of work, but 20 hits with an OSB cap sounds nuts in conjunction with Gabranth's chain. Is it as good as it sounds or is the potency really low or some lame poo poo?

And a semi-related question: should I be hoarding rosetta stones right now, or is it fine to use them? The legendary weapon things use their own materials, right?

I'm of the opinion that 25 mythril for some number of USBs is probably worth it, but I'd steer clear of the other two.

We'll see how they mess up the banners for Global, but I expect I'll put some pulls at the Celes stuff (ice is the only chain I don't have) and Bartz and/or Terra AASB. My hope is that they decide to put Terra on the Celes banner and move Tidus to be on the banner with Kain to get people to burn more mythril (separate the two really good Awakenings, have a banner with two mediocre-for-awakenings one), but we'll probably know in a day or three.

20+1 AOSBs are really intended to be used to do a pile of damage and push up your chains (or if you're Cloud, to do a ridiculous combo with USB1); I think they work out to be basically the same potency as the three-hit ones, you just get the damage over more hits.

If I'm remembering right, Rosettas aren't used on artifacts; you can use them on stuff you're going to smash for rainbow shards to get more shards out of them. I think it's fine to use them to boost things now, it's three months till the 'good' artifacts come out anyway and you can just sell the item to recoup the extra shards once you replace it with an artifact.

I got Reno BSB1 tonight. The shits keep coming...

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Cid USB dupe. Oh well, moving on!

I took the opportunity to clear out some of my accessories and lock the keepers. I ended up selling over fifty accessories. It's amazing how many of these you accumulate and with a good eye you can cover all your bases so you're suddenly not short on, I dunno, interrupt resist accessories or whatever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Phase 1: Zidane's Awakening, Reverse Gaia, debuts! 5:00 PM 3/25 PST (1:00 AM 3/26 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/27 PST (12:59 AM 3/28 UTC)

Phase 2: Kain's Awakening, Lance of the Dragon, debuts! 5:00 PM 3/27 PST (1:00 AM 3/28 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/29 PST (12:59 AM 3/30 UTC)

Phase 3: New type of Soul Break, the Realm Chain Soul Breaks, debut! Activate an FF VIII realm chain with Irvine's Bygone Days, and an FF IX realm chain with Steiner's Sworn Protector! 5:00 PM 3/29 PST (1:00 AM 3/30 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/31 PST (12:59 AM 4/1 UTC)

Phase 4: Terra's Awakening, Chaotic Inferno, and Bartz's Awakening, Tetra Spellblade, debut! 5:00 PM 3/31 PST (1:00 AM 4/1 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/2 PST (12:59 AM 4/3 UTC)

Phase 5: Tidus's Awakening, Rising Dream, debuts! 5:00 PM 4/2 PST (1:00 AM 4/3 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/4 PST (12:59 AM 4/5 UTC)

Don't know what fiddling around exactly they've done, but they haven't split up Terra and Butz.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

:yeah:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Sephiroth’s AOSB is extremely solid with a dark chain, upgrading to completely bananas if you get his USB2 for cap-breaking goodness.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Don't know what fiddling around exactly they've done, but they haven't split up Terra and Butz.

This complicates matters for me. I was going to go crazy going after Butz stuff, then use the leftovers, if any, for chains. Less sure how I want to approach it if the chains come first.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sesq posted:

This complicates matters for me. I was going to go crazy going after Butz stuff, then use the leftovers, if any, for chains. Less sure how I want to approach it if the chains come first.

Same. I have a fair few dupes on the chain banner but the non-dupes would of course be great

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I'm probably just gonna toss 2 pulls at the chain banner and 2 at the Bartz / Terra and hope for the best.

edit: Ugh that Kain banner looks pretty nice too, but I think I'll have to pass on it because I need to prioritize chains right now and the other awakenings are just too drat good.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 19, 2019

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Qwertycoatl posted:

Good to hear that Terrabutz comes after the 30 mythril gift dungeon

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

I'm probably just gonna toss 2 pulls at the chain banner and 2 at the Bartz / Terra and hope for the best.

edit: Ugh that Kain banner looks pretty nice too, but I think I'll have to pass on it because I need to prioritize chains right now and the other awakenings are just too drat good.

Geez yeah I just noticed that banner too. I'm probably best off waiting for a selection banner that has the OK USB3 on it. I'm thinking of going once on the chains, twice if I want to ragepull, go all in on Bartz, then go for the Tidus banner with what I've got left. It's got Celes's chain, and I would like good FF6 gear/ice weapons, but I do have Laguna's chain already.

There's also a Dissidia banner that may or may not overlap with the fest as a one-stop Dark shop featuring Sephiroth's Awakening.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Maintenance is tonight in like 6 hours! Be sure to spend your Stam and/or buy mythril/stamina pots from the Gysahl shop!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Landed Locke's USB2 today. I've already got his Chain and his USB1 so now he's ridiculously stacked, I don't even know how to optimally use him now. His USB1 has an enfire and a chase, but his USB looks pretty strong and has an imperil. Which one am I gonna get the most mileage out of in most situations? I doubt there will be many opportunities to use 3 full SB bars in a single fight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chain if you have no other chain, imperil if you have no other imperil and you're doing torment or 5* magicite, enfire otherwise.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Why in the name of god does the VII torment have mighty guard when only a single VII can use the dispelling knight thing. I have nothing for Angeal or however you spell his name.

How bad is having asb out of realm character in a torment?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so i get that the terra/butts banner is the one to shoot for but i've got about 4 draws total. if i put two on that, where am i going to get the most bang for my buck with the other two?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cowcaster posted:

so i get that the terra/butts banner is the one to shoot for but i've got about 4 draws total. if i put two on that, where am i going to get the most bang for my buck with the other two?

Do you have 100 Mythril spare for the Core banner? It is worth going Buy 2, get 1 free for that banner.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Servers are back up.

I immediately regret selling 50+ 5* accessories yesterday, after fully reading the legendary weapon stuff. I thought it was just weapons and armour :negative:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

xanthan posted:

Why in the name of god does the VII torment have mighty guard when only a single VII can use the dispelling knight thing. I have nothing for Angeal or however you spell his name.

There's plain Dispel, if you can make space on Aerith or some random white 3 shlub.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang i just read up on the new stuff and i'm both elated i can clean out my 500+ stash of 5* items i've been hoarding for no other reason than "they're 5* items what if i need the synergy!" and dreading having to comb through 500+ stash of 5* items so i don't trash something important

plus now there's an infinite progression mechanic for level 99 crew i just use to stomp everything, hooray for laziness being catered to

is there any tangible benefit to not just grabbing all the daggers out of the artifact vault first, since they're the most commonly equippable items?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 20, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Congratulations on everyone having to redo Book V's EXP Dungeon, and getting the Rewards all over again! Also, Congratulations on your free Theif Knife Man Eater (V) Artifact!

Cowcaster posted:

dang i just read up on the new stuff and i'm both elated i can clean out my 500+ stash of 5* items i've been hoarding for no other reason than "they're 5* items what if i need the synergy!" and dreading having to comb through 500+ stash of 5* items so i don't trash something important

This is why I lock anything with a Soul Break as soon as I get it, excepting Shared Soul Break items. If it ain't locked, it's Rainbow Fodder!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

plus now there's an infinite progression mechanic for level 99 crew i just use to stomp everything, hooray for laziness being catered to

is there any tangible benefit to not just grabbing all the daggers out of the artifact vault first, since they're the most commonly equippable items?

I'd wait to buy any new artifacts until the elemental ones come out, since they're more broadly useful on all content versus the realm synergy artifacts. But yes, the general strategy is to go in on daggers first since everyone can equip them.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

JP also just announced 6* magicites will be coming.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Some new, undocumented changes:

You can set Auto Sell to Auto Rainbow.
ALL of the Daily Power Up Dungeons have had their rewards reset.
Unlocking 5* Holy Magicites does NOT require beating all of the other 5* Magicites first.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I'd wait to buy any new artifacts until the elemental ones come out, since they're more broadly useful on all content versus the realm synergy artifacts. But yes, the general strategy is to go in on daggers first since everyone can equip them.

Cool. I didn't really have any plans to do anything with Artifacts yet. Now I can just collect Rainbow Crystals while I wait for Elemental Artifacts to come out.

Now to see if I can find Magia Crystal guides from the JP version of the game, so I can get some build ideas for my characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Magia is pretty straightforward - hp, attack/mag/mind, elem bonus. Maxing one character would take about 2000 battles.