Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

i'm enjoying wardog as a character i just think the tattoo is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I think part of it for me is that I just do not understand why people are so enamored with Wendy, and Wardog, who I find genuinely entertaining, gets a lot of the backlash.

I don't think it's a mystery why you prefer Wardog at all.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Zesty posted:

is icephoenix also horny for teams?

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

mancalamania posted:

There's been some discussion on RHAP this week about the exact mechanics of how someone will return from Edge and how it'll probably just be a regular endurance challenge but that it might be cool to bring back the vote-someone-back-in mechanic from the Outcasts in Pearl Islands. It made me think that the most interesting challenge would be a hybrid of the two: bring back the coconut chop challenge (i.e. answer questions correctly to "chop" other players in the challenge, 3 chops and you're out)!

Making the re-entry a straight vote incentivizes weird strategies like purposefully wasting your vote on someone you think won't get a lot of votes, while making the re-entry a straight challenge (endurance or otherwise) will always inevitbably favor one particular body type over another which feels inherently unfair to the people without that body type that just wasted 2 weeks of their life starving on an island with nothing to do. But the coconut chop challenge combines the best of both worlds: no one body type is favored, having social capital is worth more than anything else, and it plays out in real time (so you don't get the weird thing where 3 people throw their vote away on Lillian and she wins a slim plurality of the votes and comes back). Bring back the chop!

I think I recall people saying they voted for Lillian to actually vote her out of the pre-jury vacation with them :classiclol:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't like either Wardog or Wendy, so...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Go on

Khanstant posted:

You have the same tattoo, don't you?

I don't have any tattoos

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Wendy is cringe TV. Wardog is intellectual television.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't have any tattoos

Stop kicking up poo poo, then. It's okay for someone to express a tattoo is dumb without it being bullying. I think Brandon Hantz's tattoos are dumb, are you gonna fight me for two pages?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AWarmBody posted:

Stop kicking up poo poo, then. It's okay for someone to express a tattoo is dumb without it being bullying. I think Brandon Hantz's tattoos are dumb, are you gonna fight me for two pages?

oof

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

He's right. The guy perfectly reasonably expressed and explained his criticism of Wardog's tattoo as not a big deal, something that bugs him...your continued arguing with him about it is weird.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hmmmm....nah

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I hope that the players on Extinction Island get so hungry they hunt and eat Keith tonight!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder who the first person to break and raise the flag will be.

Although as more and more people show up it probably gets easier to hang on.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't have any tattoos
i choose to believe you have a ricky rubio tattoo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pony: Wendog
Poison: Wardy

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Half Wen, half Dog ...I'm my own best friend.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mancalamania posted:

There's been some discussion on RHAP this week about the exact mechanics of how someone will return from Edge and how it'll probably just be a regular endurance challenge but that it might be cool to bring back the vote-someone-back-in mechanic from the Outcasts in Pearl Islands. It made me think that the most interesting challenge would be a hybrid of the two: bring back the coconut chop challenge (i.e. answer questions correctly to "chop" other players in the challenge, 3 chops and you're out)!

Making the re-entry a straight vote incentivizes weird strategies like purposefully wasting your vote on someone you think won't get a lot of votes, while making the re-entry a straight challenge (endurance or otherwise) will always inevitbably favor one particular body type over another which feels inherently unfair to the people without that body type that just wasted 2 weeks of their life starving on an island with nothing to do. But the coconut chop challenge combines the best of both worlds: no one body type is favored, having social capital is worth more than anything else, and it plays out in real time (so you don't get the weird thing where 3 people throw their vote away on Lillian and she wins a slim plurality of the votes and comes back). Bring back the chop!
This would be a lot of fun. Whatever they do id much prefer if it has some voting (by parchment or by chop) involved.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

i choose to believe you have a ricky rubio tattoo

Only in my heart

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

hmmmm....nah

If you're going to have a meltdown, at least be entertaining about it

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Wardog is boring Tony with a dumb nickname and dumber tattoos.

Wendy is cute and nuts and not good at Survivor.

I also hope that cannibalism is the producers’ plan for Expunged Island.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

If you're going to have a meltdown, at least be entertaining about it

:thunk:

Big Taint posted:

Wardog is boring Tony with a dumb nickname and dumber tattoos.

Wendy is cute and nuts and not good at Survivor.

I also hope that cannibalism is the producers’ plan for Expunged Island.

I feel like when we get to the point where they are supposed to come back into the game there's going to be way more people than the producers expected remaining.

nerox
May 20, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder who the first person to break and raise the flag will be.

Although as more and more people show up it probably gets easier to hang on.

Or maybe they don't add any extra rice for new people. So maybe it becomes Lord of the Flies :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nerox posted:

Or maybe they don't add any extra rice for new people. So maybe it becomes Lord of the Flies :getin:

They should base the daily rice ration on how much other food they gathered the previous day.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

They should base the daily rice ration on how much other food they gathered the previous day.

in direct or inverse proportion?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Two hours tonight, baby!

Give me all the Wendy and all the Wardog. I don't think this season is an all-time great but gently caress it, I'm along for the ride.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Bloop posted:

in direct or inverse proportion?

I was thinking inverse but direct would actually be pretty great too

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Spokes posted:

Two hours tonight, baby!

Give me all the Wendy and all the Wardog. I don't think this season is an all-time great but gently caress it, I'm along for the ride.

Yes, this. It's not a particularly great season, but it's a decent enough panacea.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My only worry with the current trend is that even if both boots tonight are OG Kama, we'll go into merge not really knowing who half these people are.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Enough posts in the thread to make me think the episode aired early this week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

graventy posted:

Enough posts in the thread to make me think the episode aired early this week.

I thought maybe some crazy poo poo happened in the Survivor world. Turns out it's just a few crazy goons going off their rockers over tattoos or something :confused:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't dispute that account.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spokes posted:

Two hours tonight, baby!

My coconuts are ready

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Starting up some wings now so I can smash them during the first half :P

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

My son's name is also The Wardog.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Spoilers: This season ends early because Wardog gets voted off and every other player, including the jury, all stand up and say "No, I'm Wardog" before walking off.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
At the season finale Jeff is going to rip open his shirt to reveal a tattoo of The Wardog, complete with The Wardog's tats.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

prub on surbub!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Double ep!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Less-oo

More like none-oo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody