Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Saros posted:

There's uh more here than just using the N-word Fatbeard.

I know, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. Chalk this up for me being a regular on 4chan and encyclopedia dramatica which has become a racist hellhole. Thus my casual racism, even though I'm not hiding butthurt behind those words. But I agree that I really came off as an rear end in a top hat in that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Listen, neither site will help your brokebrains

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I know, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. Chalk this up for me being a regular on 4chan and encyclopedia dramatica which has become a racist hellhole. Thus my casual racism, even though I'm not hiding butthurt behind those words. But I agree that I really came off as an rear end in a top hat in that post.

Look, if you're tempted to use American slang, throw the word into Google and do a little research first. And if always, when in doubt, leave it out.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

This is how we learn.

And that was a nice thing you did for those refugees.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

This is where fine-tuning your English (which, dude, your English is SO GOOD) using the internet is kind of tricky.

Definitely don't compare ANYONE to monkeys, though.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I wish I had an african-american buddy, that would've been so cool. You can never tell to whom you're talking on the internet, which is sort of romantic. But I bet that I have african american friends on SA without knowing, and that is. So. drat. Cool.

Btw, I shaved off my beard but I kept the burns and a mario mustache. The beard is now stewing in a plastic bag and mr weed and I are going to make a funeral pyre for the beard. I bet it's gonna stink to high hell, that's why we're going to do it outside.

I've grown so accustomed to having hair on my face that I feel really strange now. I'm gonna maintain the burns and the stache with a brand new electric razor I bought the other day.

We are of coursr going to film the smelly funeral pyre! :getin:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

We are of coursr going to film the smelly funeral pyre! :getin:

put it on twitch

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That’s the part I think needs highlighted is that this will always be seen as unacceptable and ‘fighting words’ .

The N-word thing has been covered here well already I think. It’s best to just not use it, but the other... never use it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I love the implication that the funeral pyre for the beard would've, under regular circumstances, been held indoors. Never change ASF :allears:

(except the use of racially sensitive language, change that immediately)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

This was already a conversation years ago when he referred to black people as "chimping out" and then called them "dindus." He hangs out in insanely racist shitholes, probably not to appreciate their web design, and it shows.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I think ASFB is a good person at heart but referring to people of color in simian terms is offensive in any culture. It cannot, imo, be chalked up to a language barrier. He's also shown that his command of the English language is excellent.

So, knock that off man.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I watched a man jokingly drop the hard-r N in front of 900 employees at a site safety meeting last week. We're still debating if he did it just to get fired as head of this clusterfuck of a project or not. Even the casual racists I work with were quite outraged.

It's a bad word to use casually in 2019.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

I kept the burns and a mario mustache

Let's see the crop duster

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

I think ASFB is a good person at heart but referring to people of color in simian terms is offensive in any culture. It cannot, imo, be chalked up to a language barrier. He's also shown that his command of the English language is excellent.

So, knock that off man.

As I see the problem, the thing is that I like to talk poo poo about things I don't really understand, not unlike your average 13 year old chan edgelord. I've always thought about how mr weed and I are like Jerry and Kramer, and Vesna is Elaine. Today I realized that I'm racist, just like Kramer, and it feels bad man.

Casual racism seems to me like a new Communism thing in America, a big scary boogeyman to be feared and shunned. I won't delve into the details, just let it be known that I'm sorry and that I should have known better, especially at my age.

Also, I was completely unaware that there was a racist shooting in NZ on the day I wrote the offending post, I first heard the news from ED's front page article which, looking in retrospect, explains a lot. I don't watch the news because I'm always getting pissed off about things I don't have any influence over, and I don't need that in my life. Basically, I handled the issue with tact and gracefulness of a three-legged cow in a sandpit, as usual.

I'll post a picture of myself later today, so that all of you can see how a horrible, terrible racist looks alike! :getin:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I like how A Sweaty Fatbeard's probation for casual racism includes casual racism.

I knew something was up when I saw 77 new posts in here. I'm pretty sure that's the second time he's told the shank story, but it's a good one.

I'm glad you've cut ties with the Drug Baba. I hope that lasts.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I'm glad you've cut ties with the Drug Baba. I hope that lasts.

She phoned me yesterday, I won't get rid of her so easily I'm afraid.

So this picture is of me, taken a few minutes ago in the kitchen.

And this is mr weeds kitty, Olyushka, getting ear scritches. I found many cat pictures on my phone, it was a pleasant surprise!

Vesna doesn't like the mustache, so I'm definitely keeping it, it's an official Vesna repellent device. Facial hair is a commie thing, girls don't understand!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

oh for fucks sake, I really screwed up that post. :ughh:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

it's perfect, A MARIO MOUSTACHE

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

I like how A Sweaty Fatbeard's probation for casual racism includes casual racism.

ya there must have been a better phrasing than that

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

That post could not have been more perfect.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

He's Croatian and living in Croatia; the uses and histories of racist terms for African-Americans is unfamiliar to him. It's kinda like when I had to explain why blackface is offensive to my Irish ex-boyfriend and some Scandanavian classmates; if it's not a part of your culture, it's not going to be be to obvious.

Jesus, chill.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TTerrible posted:

That post could not have been more perfect.

:agreed:

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

According to this thread Croats are white and therefore cannot be the targets of racism unless you are, uh *checks notes*... The Nineties?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lyrica is one hell of antidepressant, I've been taking for over a year and I still can't believe how well it works on me, it's a real godsend.

It is also used to treat dumb little babby problems such as pants making GBS threads because of ibs. I can now go out and go to work without having to think where the nearest toilet is, or at least a pack of bushes if thing really start going south on me, poop wise, and I'm adventuring outside.

Unfortunately lyrica is abusable like nuts, so you need to be disciplined with it. I did the unthinkable and started taking lyrica as prescribed to me, this drug is just too good to abuse it, it's a huge waste. Even more unthinkable is that I cut ties with drug baba and now the only drug I'm using is good old mary jane, though I must admit that I'm smoking copious amounts of it, and it's having a positive impact on me because I can really EAT while I'm smoked out, and I need all the nutrition I can get because I've grown really skinny from eating maybe once a day the past few months. Once again, it is mr weed to the rescue. His wife gave me a few beef steaks last night and I was beyond thrilled about them because even though I like canned food (drunkard grub) I developed an aversion to them because they remind me of material poverty and all the poo poo I've been going through in the past few years.

The new tenant, the lady with a doggo, is paying rent like clockwork. I wonder, do I finally have tenants who are not giving me a hard time? Looks like so, and it's incredible! *knocks on wood*

I'm thinking about writing a post about that one time when I narrowly avoided getting shanked in the army because I was extremely racist back then and I gathered all kinds of negative attention, only to get cured of my racism in the end. Have I told you that story guys? Someone jog my memory because I sure as hell don't remember!

Is peanut butter a thing in Croatia? A blender full of cold milk, a scoop of whey powder, peanut butter and 2 or 3 bananas will have you back to healthful chonkyboi status in no time.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

She phoned me yesterday, I won't get rid of her so easily I'm afraid.

She’s stalking you to feed off your misery. Congratulations, you have a Drug Babadook.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

He's Croatian and living in Croatia; the uses and histories of racist terms for African-Americans is unfamiliar to him. It's kinda like when I had to explain why blackface is offensive to my Irish ex-boyfriend and some Scandanavian classmates; if it's not a part of your culture, it's not going to be be to obvious.

Jesus, chill.

“I know you’re [religious, ethnic, or national group], but come on,” does not look great on a probation about casual racism. That’s all.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

She’s stalking you to feed off your misery. Congratulations, you have a Drug Babadook.

loving lmao

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

“I know you’re [religious, ethnic, or national group], but come on,” does not look great on a probation about casual racism. That’s all.

With the added bonus of misspelling the national group.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

Hahahahahahahaha :discourse:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Your face and cat look great ASFBRGJ. My hope is to one day be in your country and share beers and stories because you are an interesting dude.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Is peanut butter a thing in Croatia? A blender full of cold milk, a scoop of whey powder, peanut butter and 2 or 3 bananas will have you back to healthful chonkyboi status in no time.

The grocery stores used to carry peanut butter in the 90s, but it sold so poorly that all the stores have since dropped it. I'd have to go completely out of my way to hunt down pb in zagreb. An european counterpart to pb is loving nutella and a billion of "me too" products, all of which are gross tubs of grease, not unlike american peanut butter. I tried pb back in the day and I didn't like it very much. That being said, I have some peanut butter in my apartment - it's the bait in roach traps. Roaches go absolutely bonkers around this stuff.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Doctor Malaver posted:

Lol, did I really?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Mmmhm mr weed and I scored some very special candies and we're gonna get wrecked today. It's been ages since the last time I took amphetamines, I bet that just interacting with Bobbie the cat is going to blow out my brains from sheer awesomeness! And before someone inevitably asks this, no, I'm not going to do anything fishy to Bobbie, I'm just gonna give her a lot of hugs (and I could really use a hug right now) :)

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

:munch:

Seriously be careful ASF. Keep hydrated and try not to combine them with anything else

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Also be mindful of how depressed you may feel after. As you probably know Amp comedowns are notorious for causing depression and anxiety, and that could be rough if you are already feeling down

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

Also be mindful of how depressed you may feel after. As you probably know Amp comedowns are notorious for causing depression and anxiety, and that could be rough if you are already feeling down

Amp comedowns are a breeze compared to biperiden crashes. Don't worry, I'm in the right mood, heck, I feel like a million dollars today! Candies and Bobbie are just going to improve on what is already a great day! :)

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Lol, did I really?

Yeah, it's Croatian, not Croation. I've seen that a few times online and it's puzzling since that's not a suffix for any nation (no Italions, Americons, Bosnions...).

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah, it's Croatian, not Croation. I've seen that a few times online and it's puzzling since that's not a suffix for any nation (no Italions, Americons, Bosnions...).

Why do you have to be so negative, is it because you’re Croat-ion?

I’ll see myself out...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Those Croatoans, always disappearing into the forest without a trace

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Doctor Malaver posted:

Huh, I thought I did write Croatian. Welp, I'm a dope. :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

How does amphetamine come over there? I’m sure you have some form of prescription stimulants, but do you have amphetamine paste or is meth more prevalent?

I assume you are taking a pharmaceutical ?