Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Acht posted:

This looks nice Rodent. Nice sustain on ES as well.

Unrelated question in general;
I'm thinking to transition my Divine Ire MoM char to EB MoM.
Am I correct that I can then fully reserve my mana (in my case, HoA, HoI, Hatred) and my ES will take the MoM hit?

Yes, your ES will take the MoM hits - however, since you're also using that ES to pay for your skills (and thus taking es damage), you will never really get a chance to start your ES recharge. Usually people take Zealoth's Oath then, to have life regen on ES. But it's still kind of a pain to make work with the skill spammy nature of the game (if you ask me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

You don't need zealot's oath anymore since you can sustain with inquisitor regen and/or energy leech support. One important thing to remember though is that EB does not work on chaos damage, so get yourself a decent chunk of chaos res.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

TheRat posted:

You don't need zealot's oath anymore since you can sustain with inquisitor regen and/or energy leech support. One important thing to remember though is that EB does not work on chaos damage, so get yourself a decent chunk of chaos res.

Thanks both.
Luckily I am in the positives for chaos res on SSF somehow. I figured the Pious Path would indeed keep my ES up enough, perhaps with a leech node.
Going to try it out today, fun.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Don't be scared of using energy leech support, it's actually a very strong damage mod too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheRat posted:

I’m getting smoked by chaos damage now in this context. It’s real.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Krolm posted:

Yes, your ES will take the MoM hits - however, since you're also using that ES to pay for your skills (and thus taking es damage), you will never really get a chance to start your ES recharge.

I thought they changed it so that spending mana with EB didn't stop ES recharge?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

I thought they changed it so that spending mana with EB didn't stop ES recharge?

You are correct. Damage via EBMOM still stops it, but casting does not.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Neither does degen damage from things like BR or RF or even ailments.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Papercut posted:

Having execute always be an option would make the rival/trust system nearly pointless and trivialize the whole thing.

The problem is we need a way to clear syndicate members off the local field without forcing the players to make overtly bad choices, because otherwise they occupy the board and block further encounters within the zone.

I think there just needs to be a "release" button. Or, failing that, give us an option to non-levelling execute when there is a single person, or a trusted pair. Think of it as: Catarina only promotes you for bravery if someone sees you fall in battle, and she doesn't believe you if you have to rely on the word of your friend.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Does anyone know how Harness the Void works on conversion skills? Does each damage type have a separate chance for each multiplier, or is there only one roll that then gets applied to all damage types?

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Qwertycoatl posted:

News to me, a fine change :banjo:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I think there just needs to be a "release" button.

Good news, they said they're adding exactly that in the next patch.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Does anyone know how Harness the Void works on conversion skills? Does each damage type have a separate chance for each multiplier, or is there only one roll that then gets applied to all damage types?

we really can't know, in a long enough timeline both are equal

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Yes, but for a high damage single hit skill, like Divine Ire, the lower variance option is clearly better than the 60% chance of doing nothing option.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I have never seen anything to suggest that it rolls for each individual element. It can proc multiple multipliers in the same hit though

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I think one of the problems PoE is running into is that Delve is a drat near perfect framework. A potentially infinite number of events that last just a few minutes each with a lot of variety, with options that you can choose from to drop very specific things, along with a bit of exploration that comes with rewards for doing so. It can adapt to session times from ten minutes to true poopsocking. It's a lot more enjoyable for me than mapping, to the point where I'm now just mapping to cap out sulphite for another delve run. That's functionally a very high bar to top, and it's not really a surprise that neither Betrayal nor Synthesis have done it.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Delve is part of why "just let people pick which master they interact with" isn't realistic because people will just pick delve

which, BTW, had an extremely rough start

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I liked delve a lot from the start, but it also took me a few weeks to get past 300 depth, so maybe that's why.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Delve is part of why "just let people pick which master they interact with" isn't realistic because people will just pick delve

This isn't the case at all. If there is a high cost to switching a master then my starter character will aost always be Zana.

If I'm doing the soulwrest character I made during betrayal the master will almost certainly be Yun.if I just wanna nap after being established I'm going to pick Einhar

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
What do people think the chances are that they unfuck the league? Wondering if it's worth popping on to snag a Voidforge and screw around with a melee character after the patch or not.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

RPZip posted:

What do people think the chances are that they unfuck the league? Wondering if it's worth popping on to snag a Voidforge and screw around with a melee character after the patch or not.

They couldnt even unfuck betrayal

Why not wait until the melee rebalance

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I think it’s very likely that they make the nexus into a super rewarding loot piñata. It’s late enough that they don’t have to worry about loving up the economy, and it would make players feel better about the league and generate more interest going into the next league.

Also, voidforge will be hella expensive next league likely. If you want to gently caress around with existing melee skills, and don’t mind the lack of a fresh economy, this is probably as good a time as any.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Honestly if they just straight ripped the collapsing mechanic out of the memories I’d like them a lot more.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ugato posted:

Honestly if they just straight ripped the collapsing mechanic out of the memories I’d like them a lot more.

Or even just ease off on it a little.

I actually really like the little bits of voiceover narrative you get during the on-map memories, or I would if I wasn't largely ignoring them because oh gently caress I'm getting walled in already I haven't even found one stabilizer yet.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ugato posted:

if they remove the potholes on the route i would be 50% better with it. after doing a lot of runs i find that if you step ahead a bit and look at paths leading out the best route won't collapse at all while the paths that will collapse will start a bit.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

the variable decay (2 or 3) and randomly getting blocked by spawning memories is probably my biggest hurdle with actually running nexus right now.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

There are too many drat enemies in the memories which also doesn't help when you are trying to run through them in search of stabilizers. Especially early game while leveling where you can be dealing with end game pack sizes when you don't even have your main damage dealing skill yet (or if you do, it isn't in a state where it can vaporize packs)

Like its easy to get one shot even later on when you click the initial stabalizer and 5 packs worth of ranged guys pincushion you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Feldegast42 posted:

There are too many drat enemies in the memories which also doesn't help when you are trying to run through them in search of stabilizers. Especially early game while leveling where you can be dealing with end game pack sizes when you don't even have your main damage dealing skill yet (or if you do, it isn't in a state where it can vaporize packs)

Like its easy to get one shot even later on when you click the initial stabalizer and 5 packs worth of ranged guys pincushion you

the only moral offscreening is my offscreening

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

9/10 leagues you don’t want to interact with the league mechanic while leveling. It’s never balanced well for leveling, the rewards are bad and/or not necessary, and you’ll overlevel the content quickly, slowing you down.

The last league mechanic to really make it worth it to interact with it while leveling was... harbinger? And that was just because orbs of binding were awesome.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Abyss wasn't that bad since rare belts and jewels dropped like candy in that league.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'd argue incursion because you could get some crazy good low level items out of it

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

I'd argue incursion because you could get some crazy good low level items out of it

Yea, level 12 topotante scepters and such were nuts.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MMF Freeway posted:

Just about to post this - yeah, getting weapons with 100+% damage and boots with 30% move speed and 12% dodge at level 1 was pretty hilarious.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Delve's biggest problems were for the most part the numbers behind it or things like the original mechanic for throwing flares was dumb as hell, mostly easily fixable stuff

Synthesis is just so fundamentally bad I'm not sure what you even do

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Red Red Blue posted:

Delve's biggest problems were for the most part the numbers behind it or things like the original mechanic for throwing flares was dumb as hell, mostly easily fixable stuff
I'm still surprised they even bother having any of the other stats for dynamite other than "max dynamite"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If they want a useful stat for dynamite, I'd pay good azurite for detonation speed

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
It would have been cool to use dynamite to blow up a screen of monsters or a boss. It sounds like they had planned for some encounters to require dynamite as a source of damage but they must have backed off that stance after the community got PTSD from dynamite throwing reminding them of net throwing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve died like six times in Delve because I keep forgetting which is the flare key. For some reason I keep thinking it’s C. If someone knows why my muscle memory is telling me to hit C for a flare, please let me know

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Captain Foo posted:

the only moral offscreening is my offscreening

Hell yeah, bring back D2 frozen orb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve died like six times in Delve because I keep forgetting which is the flare key. For some reason I keep thinking it’s C. If someone knows why my muscle memory is telling me to hit C for a flare, please let me know

Edit your keybindings to make C the key for a flare (it's spacebar for me)