Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

vanisher posted:

Haha I just did it as a joke but I can spruce up the other version somehow if you want

I would super appreciate that! I'm gonna use the tebuparrot to bulk out my sig in the future lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

loving magnificent

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What would a weedlord alpaca do in the spring?

Well I'll tell ya: smoke weed in nature. Can someone make my av spring-like? I'll buy you forums upgrades or unspecified amounts of weird apparel.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I'm actually really torn, on one hand I want that AV but on the other hand I can have it a bunch of times in my sig

vanisher

vanisher fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 16, 2019

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Tebulot

im hip now bois

fricken done

thank u bud

vanisher

Tebulot posted:

fricken done

thank u bud

Nice yvw

Goons Are Gifts

You look gorgeous

alnilam

lol

ty manifisto

Manifisto

omg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Blessed

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the meat

Tebulot

im hip now bois

so blessed right now

vanisher

Tebulot posted:

so blessed right now

Seriously though I can clean that up or make edits or whatever just let me know

Robot Made of Meat

vanisher posted:

Seriously though I can clean that up or make edits or whatever just let me know

Please do not edit perfection.

Thank you.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Nah man, this is pretty amazing. Can't ask for more than that. Plus I have no idea what I want anyway so I'm about as easy as a person can be.

If there's anything you think would be better then by all means, but I'm already eternally grateful :)

lol but

body is a dinosaur
i would liek to give lowtax some money please animate some variation of the t-rex chicken thing ie

BromanderData

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One
I like my AV but I feel like I could do better.

I’ve not seen much in the way of sloths with no background so I think that’s what I may try and do.

what are you thoughts?

Do I do what I have without a background or take the trip to sloth town?

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
My avatar sucks, I used what I had immediately to get rid of that godawful default one... not havin' that even ironically. I need a real one. I want to clip like a 2 sec a slice of a video, gif it, and trim it down to size. Maybe transparency the background (but more likely just a border around the edge). My image editing skills are limited to poo poo that does not move. Got Photoshop CS4, and I've tried to use it's animation function but I'm either retarded or it's poo poo for animation.

How do I go about doing this?

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Resting Lich Face posted:

My avatar sucks, I used what I had immediately to get rid of that godawful default one... not havin' that even ironically. I need a real one. I want to clip like a 2 sec a slice of a video, gif it, and trim it down to size. Maybe transparency the background (but more likely just a border around the edge). My image editing skills are limited to poo poo that does not move. Got Photoshop CS4, and I've tried to use it's animation function but I'm either retarded or it's poo poo for animation.

https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif

there's other tools on that site to crop and resize and optimize. doesn't do transparency. you'll need photoshop for that step probably.

edit: also 2 seconds is probably ambitious if your clip is photo realistic. I've found the file size limit gets you after about 25 frames. you can massage this a little bit with reducing number of colours or lossy compression

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 20, 2019

Manifisto

BromanderData posted:

I’ve not seen much in the way of sloths with no background so I think that’s what I may try and do.

what are you thoughts?

I like your av too friend

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but if you wanna link any images/videos/gifs of sloths I think we will all appreciate them and maybe we can help you make them into avs if you are so inclined

ty nesamdoom!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif

there's other tools on that site to crop and resize and optimize. doesn't do transparency. you'll need photoshop for that step probably.

edit: also 2 seconds is probably ambitious if your clip is photo realistic. I've found the file size limit gets you after about 25 frames. you can massage this a little bit with reducing number of colours or lossy compression

Alright that looks like it'll do for cutting and cropping it. How would I, once getting the rudimentary gif, reverse part of it so it resets smoothly? Obviously more manual work. I know a long time ago I was trying to figure out how to do this stuff and found some gif splitter thing that puts each frame as its own image so I could easily copy and reorder things however in my experience when re-making those frames into a gif the framerate gets hosed up and I could never figure out how to do it. What programs am I gonna need? Photoshop doesn't seem to cut it.

vanisher

ezgif is one, the other way is to search for your video on youtube, then just add "gif" before the link (ex: https://www.gifyoutube.com/whatever) which is a great website.

open the gif in GIMP and you can edit each frame. You can use a filter called "unoptimize" which will convert the GIF from "combine" to "replace" which will make it easier to edit depending on what you are trying to do.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Alright that looks like it'll do for cutting and cropping it. How would I, once getting the rudimentary gif, reverse part of it so it resets smoothly? Obviously more manual work. I know a long time ago I was trying to figure out how to do this stuff and found some gif splitter thing that puts each frame as its own image so I could easily copy and reorder things however in my experience when re-making those frames into a gif the framerate gets hosed up and I could never figure out how to do it. What programs am I gonna need? Photoshop doesn't seem to cut it.

Photoshop as I know it should be up to the job. Open the gif, open the animation window, select the forward playing frames, copy said frames (using the context menu in the animation pane), paste frames, reverse. not sure about CS4

Papa Was A Video Toaster

oh no a double poast

Resting Lich Face

Oh hey this site might be able to do almost all of it. More powerful tool than I expected for a browser.

E: almost got it where I want it but the filesize is... problematic

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 20, 2019

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Oh hey this site might be able to do almost all of it. More powerful tool than I expected for a browser.

E: almost got it where I want it but the filesize is... problematic

kill your darlings. start ripping out frames

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

BromanderData posted:

what are you thoughts?

i can't help either way but here's what I have in the way of sloth(?) avatars

Resting Lich Face

TVsVeryOwn posted:

kill your darlings. start ripping out frames

I got it. It hurt but the product is good enough.

Now I just needs words for it. Well not need. But if I'm paying for words damnit I'm gonna have some.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I got it. It hurt but the product is good enough.

Now I just needs words for it. Well not need. But if I'm paying for words damnit I'm gonna have some.

you could also put in a cool gang tag community badge or three

Resting Lich Face

TVsVeryOwn posted:

you could also put in a cool gang tag community badge or three

But I'm not really a part of any communities here yet.

E: I figured something out. Shiny new poo poo incoming.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 20, 2019

Papa Was A Video Toaster

But I'm not really a part of any communities here yet.

The best part about gang tags is nobody takes them very seriously. If you're into being womanly there's the Tough Cuties, the Stupid Bitches and the Nasty Women.
There's a bunch for stupid TV shows.
You can steal BWM valour by repping Horse Daddy or Truck Equity (I made those ones and Moneyball hands them out)

Edit: :yosnice:

Resting Lich Face

Well it's too late now, and I'm kinda partial to simplicity. One avatar to rule them all. Sauron don't need mo' bling.

But yeah thanks for the help dude. That site is one loving awesome and powerful tool.

E: accidentally a word

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 20, 2019

City of Glompton

Well it's too late now, and I'm kinda partial to simplicity. One avatar to rule them all. Sauron don't need mo' bling.

But yeah thanks for the help dude. That site is one loving awesome and powerful tool.

E: accidentally a word

very nice i love it

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Resting Lich Face

Came from a pretty sweet music video.

lmao having to relearn bbcode. It's been so long since I've used a traditional forum as a poster.

Manifisto

Came from a pretty sweet music video.

lmao having to relearn bbcode. It's been so long since I've used a traditional forum as a poster.

that is pretty rad (av and video)

ty nesamdoom!

WindmillSlayer

a v a t a r

WindmillSlayer

this thread is so capitalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

but your post is all lower case