Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The only problem with the demon voice and to a further extent the little references to the New Years’ Eve special was that it kinda goes against the premise of the sketch. It turns them from a Mariah church into a Mariah cult. It makes the show seem less like something the church would put out themselves and more like a behind closed doors expose. Now, that could have been funny if it was done intentionally, but Ru would have hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also did someone forget to give Ru her meds this episode cause she was going ham the entire time when I'm so used to her being detached and even tired of it all

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I thought Plastique did the best of her abysmal group. Her voice gimmick was slightly amusing and she at least tried something even if it didn't land fully. Everyone else came across as very :effort: Honey and Ra'jah were definitely the worst. And Honey was the right choice to go.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Plastique would have been much funnier, changing absolutely nothing, if she was working with someone, not throwing setups at a sentient eyeroll

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Panpan, as much as I love her, is not experienced enough professionally to host a show on her own and she should have RIPPED THOSE GUEST JUDGES TO SHREDS.

Bunch of loving spoiled babies.

Also Kandy Zyanide burned the living poo poo out of her face and had to go to the hospital

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

GrandmaParty posted:

Also Kandy Zyanide burned the living poo poo out of her face and had to go to the hospital

Yikes, I hadn't realised it was that bad :stonk:

Agreed on the guest judges. I can't think of a single constructive critique they gave, they were too busy trying to one-up each other on who could be the snarkiest. But I have a new appreciation for Art now :shobon:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I really really really need to finish binging DRT and catch up with all of you. I only watched the first episode so far but I was super enchanted by everyone (S1) and really excited to get to the parts you guys have been talking about!!

Also, idk if anyone actually follows older season queens on YT or anything, but Violet's got some really fun videos where she and Katya review/talk about old couture runways, which combines my interests of 90s fashion and drag queens talking bullshit nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPpxrYBaeQ

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Violet and Katya is such a good combo, I loved when they hosted FPR for a couple episodes and one of them was just making GBS threads on Taylor Swift while Violet keeps reiterating that Wildest Dreams is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tj4z5-GxMM

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big dyke energy posted:

I really really really need to finish binging DRT and catch up with all of you. I only watched the first episode so far but I was super enchanted by everyone (S1) and really excited to get to the parts you guys have been talking about!!

Also, idk if anyone actually follows older season queens on YT or anything, but Violet's got some really fun videos where she and Katya review/talk about old couture runways, which combines my interests of 90s fashion and drag queens talking bullshit nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPpxrYBaeQ

It's one of the other Runway Rewind videos, and I forget which model it is, but my partner who is massively into fashion watched it and they make some mention of someone looking like they were on booze and ALL the pills, which of course she utterly was, being the 90's. It's hilarious seeing those big name models. Ah the age of the supermodel.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

GrandmaParty posted:

holy. poo poo. :kingsley:

I have the biggest crush on Pangina right now. Both in and out of drag.

The DRT judges this week sucked rear end.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

Violet and Katya is such a good combo, I loved when they hosted FPR for a couple episodes and one of them was just making GBS threads on Taylor Swift while Violet keeps reiterating that Wildest Dreams is good

Ugh, I was trying to find it but it's not on Logo's site anymore, but Katya and Violet also did commentary over the season 7 finale (I think Bob and Cynthia also did one for the s8 finale). They really do have nice chemistry.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Yvie's runway was insane!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just realized that Rajah looks a lot alike Steve Urkel

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nihonniboku posted:

I just realized that Rajah looks a lot alike Steve Urkel

:vince:

Oh god it's true

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ą̣͈͉̞͈͚̰͕͚̹̩͔̣͚́̀r̷̨̨͍͓͖̤̱͍̮͈͔͕̝̦͎͔͢͝Í̴̷̫̞͎̰̪͖̖̙̘̞̭̟̰̹̰͕͈ͅa̷̰̼͖̱͔͖̺̩͘͜N̷̙͕̮̝̞̥̟̼̦͢a͞҉̙͚͙̮͙͓̲͙͚̱̭͕͈͠ ̷̵̡̮̖̱͙͉̠̻̼̫̟̦̫͓̥͝͞ͅǴ̬̫̘̗̩̣̤̠̮̦̻r̸̛͕͔̞̹͍͔̥̞͕͇̪͈͎͘͟Ą̷͎͙̻̦͔̱̯͚̬̠͜͠ņ̸̟͎̯͈̯͕̭̹̹̜͍̦̳̤͈̕͞D̸̛̘̱̳̳̠̫̘̀é̸̸͈͍̹͈̩͓͖̭̤̗͚̩̫͙͍͓̺͙̣̕͞

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Watching Season 3 Untucked now and watching the Heathers in action is a big ol' :stare:

The only justice is that Raja plateaued after winning Drag Race and Delta exists as just Ru's hairdresser while Shangela gets to be in an award winning movie with Lady Gaga and Stacey gets to enter Drag Race lexicon and guest star in an All Stars season

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shangela was just as bad as the Heathers w/r/t poo poo talking and stirring the pot tbh. Few people on season 3 were innocent and that's part of the beauty of it all.

It's also why Henny is so pure

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

esperterra posted:

Good news! Violet's youtube channel has reviews of some classic runways and Aunt Barbara has been on a number of them recently.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

Shangela was just as bad as the Heathers w/r/t poo poo talking and stirring the pot tbh. Few people on season 3 were innocent and that's part of the beauty of it all.

It's also why Henny is so pure

Yeah, the other girls could give it just as much as they took it, Shangela especially. I love Shangela now, but there was a time where she was considered a joke on Drag Race. The "Heathers" were hardly the villains of the season. It wasn't really until season 4 where they began casting and editing for archetypes, ie, the underdog, the villain, the jokester, etc.

And I don't know if Raja "plateaued", she already had a successful career, was asked to do the show, and continued on with her career of choice after the show.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Yeah. She already was a fixture on Top Model before going on the show. She deserves her respect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vanjie’s schtick is 1 level below Silky but saved by not being a total piece of poo poo. And funny here and there. But overall it’s dull. Does she have anything else other than being loud and in your face? Hopefully. The sparkle poo poo is lame.

Yvie killed it tho - goddamn. The execution of that concept worked so well vs last week. Also that blur was huge - skinny dudes with huge ones always.

Finally, Ariel is so gorgeous and I can’t wait to see what’s next. Her and Brooke Lynn are my faves to watch right now. They keep turning it the gently caress out. I do have a thing for giant rear end eyes tho similar to Trixie Mattel.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Vanjie’s schtick is 1 level below Silky but saved by not being a total piece of poo poo. And funny here and there. But overall it’s dull. Does she have anything else other than being loud and in your face? Hopefully. The sparkle poo poo is lame.

the difference is that Vanjie has a weird gravelly-voiced charisma while Silky attempts to create charisma by physically assaulting the guest judges

edit: like, picking Miley Cyrus up and spinning her around and later humping Guillermo Diaz is not cool or remotely classy.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 20, 2019

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Next week's preview is up - caution: facebook link.

The mini challenge is a mess. That said, Brooke Lynn actually looks uncannily like Maddow or am I crazy?

I'm gonna give Silky a point for her read in the intro to the maxi, but take it away for her reaction to being served an icon with known mannerisms to portray.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The blur was covering her rear end and vanjie is amazingly entertaining

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vanessa's great because not only is she super funny, it's the whole contrast of this gorgeous, polished queen who looks like a sweet classy bitch but she opens her mouth and a gay trucker falls out.

I also really appreciate that she's never said Vanjie and in fact seems to want to move away from that, but it's still just such a big meme the show is constantly bringing it up and Ru/etc just call her that. It's no soak it up or brown cow stunning in terms of a queen beating a dead catchphrase horse

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

jit bull transpile posted:

Hey yall I survived

I forgot I had this quote saved but I meant to say congrats!!!! <3

esperterra posted:

I also really appreciate that she's never said Vanjie and in fact seems to want to move away from that, but it's still just such a big meme the show is constantly bringing it up and Ru/etc just call her that. It's no soak it up or brown cow stunning in terms of a queen beating a dead catchphrase horse

I hadn't really considered it from this angle but you're absolutely right

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

big black turnout posted:

I hadn't really considered it from this angle but you're absolutely right

Yeah it hadn't occurred to me either but now that you mention it I appreciate the hell out of that.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

esperterra posted:

Vanessa's great because not only is she super funny, it's the whole contrast of this gorgeous, polished queen who looks like a sweet classy bitch but she opens her mouth and a gay trucker falls out.
Vanjie doesn't get enough credit for being really pretty even though she really is. That beat is one of the best. And you're right, her whole thing wouldn't work nearly as well if she weren't.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

spite house posted:

Vanjie doesn't get enough credit for being really pretty even though she really is. That beat is one of the best. And you're right, her whole thing wouldn't work nearly as well if she weren't.

She can beat a fuckin mug, she's a very well polished queen and Alexis obvs taught her right. In a season full of legacies I wish people would focus on hers a bit tbh, Alexis Mateo is one of my all-time fave Ru Girls and Vanessa is prob going to end up on that list too.

BAM!

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

esperterra posted:

I expected her to lean into it on Ep 1 but since she hasn't I think she kind of stamped her own ticket to top 3. The charisma is off the charts, the runways are dolla-padded. I think Vanjie can coast til top 5 at least and then some.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Going from justified first exit to crowned winner next season is quite the glow up. I'm here for it

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

esperterra posted:

Someone way back in the S10 thread called her effect “dockworker having a quinceañera” and I still laugh at that

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Ą̣͈͉̞͈͚̰͕͚̹̩͔̣͚́̀r̷̨̨͍͓͖̤̱͍̮͈͔͕̝̦͎͔͢͝Í̴̷̫̞͎̰̪͖̖̙̘̞̭̟̰̹̰͕͈ͅa̷̰̼͖̱͔͖̺̩͘͜N̷̙͕̮̝̞̥̟̼̦͢a͞҉̙͚͙̮͙͓̲͙͚̱̭͕͈͠ ̷̵̡̮̖̱͙͉̠̻̼̫̟̦̫͓̥͝͞ͅǴ̬̫̘̗̩̣̤̠̮̦̻r̸̛͕͔̞̹͍͔̥̞͕͇̪͈͎͘͟Ą̷͎͙̻̦͔̱̯͚̬̠͜͠ņ̸̟͎̯͈̯͕̭̹̹̜͍̦̳̤͈̕͞D̸̛̘̱̳̳̠̫̘̀é̸̸͈͍̹͈̩͓͖̭̤̗͚̩̫͙͍͓̺͙̣̕͞

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Eej posted:

Also did someone forget to give Ru her meds this episode cause she was going ham the entire time when I'm so used to her being detached and even tired of it all

Reminded me of when she super obviously had the flu, then the next episode the flu was gone but all the expensive Hollywood vitamin C steroids were still coursing through her veins and she was ON ONE in that workroom

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

warez posted:

Someone way back in the S10 thread called her effect “dockworker having a quinceañera” and I still laugh at that

Omg, I think that was me. I've been trying to remember how I had described her way back when. Thanks for that!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Also, the only valid critique I can find about Vanjie so far is that she's worn red for literally every outfit in 3 episodes. But the bitch looked great every time, and it's not like having the same silhoulette. *cough* That's a pretty good sign.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

gandlethorpe posted:

Also, the only valid critique I can find about Vanjie so far is that she's worn red for literally every outfit in 3 episodes. But the bitch looked great every time, and it's not like having the same silhoulette. *cough* That's a pretty good sign.

The judges have been pretty hit or miss on repeated themes or silhouettes judging-wise the past few seasons, given how little Aquaria was knocked for having boy-body on every runway, or Eureka for how terrible all of hers were.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Finally, Ariel is so gorgeous and I can’t wait to see what’s next. Her and Brooke Lynn are my faves to watch right now. They keep turning it the gently caress out. I do have a thing for giant rear end eyes tho similar to Trixie Mattel.

I didn't expect to find myself rooting for Ariel, but she is growing on me in a big way. I'm too old to have watched anything Lizzie Mcguire but there's something just so gosh darn adorable about referencing it in your entrance look (I think I read that Supermodel played during the referenced scene, no less). She has shades of Trinity the Tuck: she's a beauty queen who's really trying to break out beyond that. The results have been iffy (a whopping three episodes in, I know), but I appreciate the effort, and props for being mature enough to volunteer to work with Silky and doing a solid job in the she-vangelical sketch. Her runway looks, haven't been the most flattering. Her torso is too short and wide for a cropped top, especially when paired with a high waist, but her wig game and makeup are on point

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

esperterra posted:

Girl doesn't need to rely on repetitive callbacks when everything that drops out of her mouth is a goddamn diamond. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm hoping she just got unlucky, and these first three runway themes just ended up being her red outfits.