Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

shame we didnt hear the sound of a nearby car backfiring seconds after she walked out of frame

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so how many times does parliament have to vote on her deal before May is legally declared insane

they ruled that parliament can't even vote on her deal again, i legit don't know what she could possibly be doing other than intentionally letthing the country sail into a no-deal brexit

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I'm stuck in traffic and cackling like a loving lunatic at this. Someone honked at me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

She’s shambling along to a no-deal, which is what is going to happen lmao

and then all the tories get rich off their investments in private American healthcare companies coming to Britain to destroy the NHS as the country falls into shambles. think of all the catastrophic injuries caused by the troubles 2.0, riots, etc.

it’s disaster capitalism but we made the disaster lol

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they ruled that parliament can't even vote on her deal again, i legit don't know what she could possibly be doing other than intentionally letthing the country sail into a no-deal brexit

she was told last night that she can have a may 28th extension or a yr+ one and waited until after the deadline to demand june 30th

rest in piss britain

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

my first thought was "11 years sounds about right..."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmfHOPf3YU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

and then all the tories get rich off their investments in private American healthcare companies coming to Britain to destroy the NHS as the country falls into shambles. think of all the catastrophic injuries caused by the troubles 2.0, riots, etc.

finally british jobs are coming home

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

There will be adequate toast

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the eu and bercow have me against the wall. i know what will fix everything. ill go be mad on tv and say its very unfair and pretend they dont exist

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Heavy_D posted:

my first thought was "11 years sounds about right..."

lol :same:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm going to go watch jojos bizarre adventure now because at least thats enjoyable

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

"My beautiful wife, I'm going to go outside for a cigarette and when I come back into the pub we're going to have a great date night and I'm not going to be spitting with rage at all" *straight to cspam*

-me, just prior to my standing outside a cannonbury pub pouring over the awful app

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

i'm going to go watch jojos bizarre adventure now because at least thats enjoyable

I can predict what you will say next.

"We reject the prime minister's request for a June 30th extension."

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

They can. The speaker just ruled that he won't allow a third vote in this session. The government could prorogue parliament and then hold a new vote in a new session, or parliament could pass a motion to hear it a third time and effectively overrule the speaker.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

this is exactly like conservative politics in the states and you bush league chumps in Englande have no loving idea lmao you all thought it was gonna be something other than no deal hard rear end brexit to shatter everything and lap up the marrow

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

This gonna cause a global recession?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, 412 against 202 for an extension. They had never any intention of leaving and this stupid shitshow will never end. See you in June, for the next extension

Opferwurst posted:

EU will agree. I mean, there is always room for some freak accident, but barring that, Britain is here to stay. Welcome to the EU, my British friends

Opferwurst posted:

Hungry and Italy are not gonna veto it. It was just dumb posturing for domestic consumption. They are not gonna cause a 0.1% growth drop and food riots on European soil for some stupid PR stunt

Opferwurst posted:

The UK government has done zero preparations or any serious financial commitments to Brexit because it clearly does not intend to go through with Brexit, ever.

If the EU ever seriously considers throwing the UK out by not extending the date, the UK will just pull A50. But much more likely is that they will manage to avert Brexit permanently before that by holding a second referendum or a general election or people just getting tired of it after two or three more years of this. This is all just a huge sham.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
ok the bright side is that you already have Corbyn in place but that just means the libs and fash have already allied with each other rofl

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

this is exactly like conservative politics in the states and you bush league chumps in Englande have no loving idea lmao you all thought it was gonna be something other than no deal hard rear end brexit to shatter everything and lap up the marrow

To be fair a bunch of people just wanted to annoy David Cameron but he won't care as his PR agency hoovers up contracts from the vampire squids.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is some good old 2016 US election magic

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Raccooon posted:

no, the money has been prepping to move. £1trillion will leave on march 29th no matter what happens

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm watching a video explaining May's deal. Is May's deal seriously just essentially staying in the EU for another couple years? May's deal isn't even a deal, it's just a delay that they call a deal?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is some good old 2016 US election magic

you've got to admire the pure hearted optimism of a european in 2019 still capable of going "no, surely the english are not this stupid"

Gripweed posted:

I'm watching a video explaining May's deal. Is May's deal seriously just essentially staying in the EU for another couple years? May's deal isn't even a deal, it's just a delay that they call a deal?

may's deal is staying in the EU and agreeing to the 3 non-negotiable conditions that the EU made clear on day loving 1

everything since then has been a steady struggle, first with "but we don't want to not ethnically cleanse the country of euros", then "we don't want to pay for goods we've already received", and finally "we don't want to honour the good friday agreement" complete with fullthroated defence of a massacre of civilians

this is the pre-negotiation bit

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMrbync0cc

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I appreciate may taking the opportunity to make her case directly to the people, a tactic that has served her well in such moments as the 2017 election

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
sometimes when I'm down I think of that CRUSH THE SABOTEURS headline and I perk up a little

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Lmao what is this poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

is this more or less enjoyable than the hurricane

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

yeah you guys are turbofucked. like 2008 american housing crisis hosed. your standards of living are all going to loving plummet

Raccooon posted:

brexit is a massive transfer of wealth to the british elite from the poor and the middle class. this is the only answer I can come up with anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've decided to get drunk instead

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Jose posted:

i've decided to get drunk instead

Do both

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

like 2008 american housing crisis hosed.

You know that caused a Global recession, that thanks to tory austerity we still haven't recovered from.

We're more hosed than 2008.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renfield posted:

You know that caused a Global recession, that thanks to tory austerity we still haven't recovered from.

We're more hosed than 2008.

I hope you like dollar stores

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm going to in a bit. i read all of the manga while extremely hosed up on mdma and got like half way through part 6 while again hosed up on mdma and realised i had already read it lol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

So I heard May stood up to parliament and showed all of the British populace why she was CHOSEN to carry MAGGIE'S scepter.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

You guys really think you guys will get a 3yr extension?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Theresa May is the Rock of Dover

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

it's like crows dropping acorns in busy streets so that the cars crush the shells to expose the tender nutritious bits inside, except the acorn is the british public and the cars are also the british public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Oh dirty Maggie May they have taken her away

And she never walk down Lime Street any more