Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

RareAcumen posted:

Having never claimed to be smart, I've been scammed out of all of my items and somewhere along the line Valve stopped doing the return policy for them too. I'm mostly just surprised though because it's not like I had unusuals or austrailium items.
How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guy came asking to trade, brought on someone else pretending to be a valve employee to moderate the trade to make sure things were legit. Told me to put trade items to a database account to make sure if they were duped or not.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Guy came asking to trade, brought on someone else pretending to be a valve employee to moderate the trade to make sure things were legit. Told me to put trade items to a database account to make sure if they were duped or not.

LOL

As if Valve has employees to moderate trades.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JB50 posted:

LOL

As if Valve has employees to moderate trades.

I was the perfect mark because I haven't done trading in like 4-5 years so hell if I actually know how things work.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RareAcumen posted:

I’m sorry that happened to you. If you’re looking to replenish your stock of nice things, I do have a wonderful bridge I’m looking to unload for cheap.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Having never claimed to be smart, I've been scammed out of all of my items and somewhere along the line Valve stopped doing the return policy for them too. I'm mostly just surprised though because it's not like I had unusuals or austrailium items.

Did you lose anything good?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Am I a bad man for wondering how on earth you thought Valve personally entered chats to monitor trades.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm generally against victim blaming but... ctfo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Galaxander posted:

Did you lose anything good?

Pretty much all of my items, stranges, genuines, everything.

If you really really want specifics then here you go. https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198056062438?time=1549497600

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Geez maybe I don't understand how that site works, but it seems like you had a ton of valuable stuff.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$250 lmfao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Galaxander posted:

Geez maybe I don't understand how that site works, but it seems like you had a ton of valuable stuff.

Well maybe my opinion of it is skewed because I'm looking at people at the higher end of the market. https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197966756586

I played it for like 3 years and just going off of random drops and maybe buying keys with birthday money, I don't think that's too ludicrous.

Galaxander posted:

I thought maybe you lost some of your favorite weapons and like craft hats or whatever and I could conceivably help out a little but :sweatdrop:

Oh no, I did. If you look at it without the date modifier everything worth more than two refined metal is gone aside for some Spy stuff. I liked that Anger and Big Kill and I was a big fan of that Bonk Boy since I crafted it myself and managed to get a strangifier for it somehow. Basically all of that was just sitting in my inventory because I'm stupid and sentimental about that stuff and I still remember being really exited when I got some of it.

Anyway, don't worry about helping, you're the first one to not be laughing at me despite me very much deserving it so I appreciate that.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 20, 2019

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

I thought maybe you lost some of your favorite weapons and like craft hats or whatever and I could conceivably help out a little but :sweatdrop:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this is extremely funny

“I really don’t have an excuse. I mean, what can I say, I just really love the feeling of taking someone for a ride.”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
With savvy like that, you probably ought to find the nearest wallet inspector.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

With savvy like that, you probably ought to find the nearest wallet inspector.

It's actually pretty convenient these days. You can mail in your wallet for the inspection. Love how convenient the internet has made everything.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

In all seriousness, I really am sorry that happened to you RareAcumen. I’d offer to give you something nice, if I had it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, as dumb as that was they didn't catch you for being greedy. You weren't all "oho, ill-gotten gains! oh no how the tables have turned," you were trying to be honest.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
At least you didn’t have expensive unusuals I guess :shobon:

Unrelated, but casual (mostly EU afaik) has been flooded with bots lately. They enter servers in groups, have no profile pictures and usually all play the same class. They’re easy to fight against since their AI is pretty rudimentary - the issue is that they will vote kick everyone on their team (even people who are still connecting) and report them, which has been leading to people getting matchmaking bans in some cases. Some guy on my friends list is banned for two whole months because of this.

TF2!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I had a few guys last night spin botting around. Then when we tried to kick them, they would change their names to the guy complaining the loudest and the non cheater would get kicked. Infuriating!

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Lowness 72 posted:

I had a few guys last night spin botting around. Then when we tried to kick them, they would change their names to the guy complaining the loudest and the non cheater would get kicked. Infuriating!

Always remember to check avs when you report/kick. It's still easy to get tripped up by this though. I wish Valve would make it so you automatically get the boot if you change names during a match. I know people sometimes just do it for goofs, but I don't think it'd be a big loss.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i thought there was a big namechange delay in tf2 to stop that exact thing from happening

i rememebr when it happened because i used to change my name 50 times a match to whatever the most recent super-dumbass thing someone said in chat was

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

i thought there was a big namechange delay in tf2 to stop that exact thing from happening

i rememebr when it happened because i used to change my name 50 times a match to whatever the most recent super-dumbass thing someone said in chat was

I didn't know about this. I guess it would make sense that cheating would have a way around that though probably.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

In light of the above. Several people have asked to buy my spelled items recently. Any info on what each spell / item with spell is worth?

10 keys for every hat with a spell on it is the current offer. (Not sure how you'd sort to only show the stuff with spells, but it's 46 hats total)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 23, 2019

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

does captain invictus still do trade brokering? i'd expect he's out of the business, but if he's still in it, that always used to be the best bet for getting a good price for your stuff

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'd gift you some stuff but I never really had any thing decent anyway.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Butt Detective posted:

At least you didn’t have expensive unusuals I guess :shobon:

Unrelated, but casual (mostly EU afaik) has been flooded with bots lately. They enter servers in groups, have no profile pictures and usually all play the same class. They’re easy to fight against since their AI is pretty rudimentary - the issue is that they will vote kick everyone on their team (even people who are still connecting) and report them, which has been leading to people getting matchmaking bans in some cases. Some guy on my friends list is banned for two whole months because of this.

TF2!

So that’s what is going on, I just assumed it was some ‘friendly’ bullshit.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Xander77 posted:

In light of the above. Several people have asked to buy my spelled items recently. Any info on what each spell / item with spell is worth?

10 keys for every hat with a spell on it is the current offer. (Not sure how you'd sort to only show the stuff with spells, but it's 46 hats total)

I wouldn't take it. Spelled hats (and to a lesser extent weapons) are becoming popular for multiple reasons:
1. They're rare and can't be made any more.
2. There is a market for them as there are collectors.
3. There's profit to be made out of speculation (sometimes innocent, sometimes sharking).
4. Bots haven't taken over automated trading yet.

For cosmetics (especially miscs), footprints are top. Depending on the paint space, the glowing paints are second. Voices are lowest, but can add more value when paired with another spell. Some are also valuable simply because they're 1 of 1 in the world because no one else bothered to put a spell on it. Weapon spells are iffy, but still add some value.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Anarch posted:

I wouldn't take it. Spelled hats (and to a lesser extent weapons) are becoming popular for multiple reasons:
1. They're rare and can't be made any more.
2. There is a market for them as there are collectors.
3. There's profit to be made out of speculation (sometimes innocent, sometimes sharking).
4. Bots haven't taken over automated trading yet.

For cosmetics (especially miscs), footprints are top. Depending on the paint space, the glowing paints are second. Voices are lowest, but can add more value when paired with another spell. Some are also valuable simply because they're 1 of 1 in the world because no one else bothered to put a spell on it. Weapon spells are iffy, but still add some value.
Yeah, that's what I managed to figure out.

Is this still valid?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=623808308

Anyone want to trade me for all my stuff? I'm definitely not using these items.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I have a fast learner with sinister staining and team coloured footprints because my Scout was my guinea pig when spells were new. I don't plan on parting with it (I love running around as a glowing zombie with a deep voice and massed flies), but now I'm curious how much it's worth...

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My ghost tyrant leaves matching-colored ghost footprints, is this why people keep trying to add me on Steam again? There was a gap where people left me alone but there's been a resurgence lately.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Saw so many posts thought a new Lazy Purple video was out so I went and checked and hey.. how about that. He did sniper this time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

Saw so many posts thought a new Lazy Purple video was out so I went and checked and hey.. how about that. He did sniper this time.
Oh hey. Thanks.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

LazyPurple's videos are nicely done, and I don't think anything he says is wrong or stupid, but I don't find them very interesting. I don't really watch any youtube people though so idk.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Honestly I'd take the 10 key each offer and run with it. Spelled poo poo is a loving pain in the rear end to sell.

Moreover who is this guy making the 10 key offer? I wanna unload some spells.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 24, 2019

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How come I can't vote on the map sometimes? Or rather no one can?

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

How come I can't vote on the map sometimes? Or rather no one can?

You can still vote by typing "next_map_vote #" (with # replaced 0, 1, or 2) in console. If you don't have console enabled it's in the menu somewhere.

No one seems to know this, so you get to play whichever one you want!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Honestly I'd take the 10 key each offer and run with it. Spelled poo poo is a loving pain in the rear end to sell.

Moreover who is this guy making the 10 key offer? I wanna unload some spells.

You interpreted it as "10 keys for each hat with a spell on it," but couldn't it also be interpreted as "10 keys for all the hats, collectively, with spells on them?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

XkyRauh posted:

"10 keys for all the hats, collectively, with spells on them?"
This, obviously.