Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

MrFlibble posted:

Cool you're both incredibly dumb.

The case for remain was, and still is, change is scary and bad.
The case for leave was the tories are obviously split on this issue, vote for it to gently caress them up + racism, immigration, sovereignty all that bollocks.

I voted remain because my brother has a job that trades with the eu. I was still strongly tempted to vote leave on a gently caress the government basis.

Or did you forget that Camron was leading the remain side you dumb assholes?

In my neck of the woods the DUP where leading the leave side and everyone else was leading remain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Tesseraction posted:

also I know that my vote choice is always going to be a lightning rod in this thread but can we at least wait until I'm not trying to play games after particularly bullshit day at the rat race, tomorrow is a perfectly fine time but you're not gonna make me jump through time and change history

if so I'd have gunned down baby hitler and 1993 blair

Tesseraction confirmed John Major voter

edit: my vote was a choice, my vote was a choice, i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a lexiter

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

V. Illych L. posted:

like, i genuinely think that theresa may might be mentally ill in some way

She is pig-poo poo thick. So much so that I am constantly impressed how loving thick she can be.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Please treat each other with dignity and respect.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

Cool you're both incredibly dumb.

The case for remain was, and still is, change is scary and bad.
The case for leave was the tories are obviously split on this issue, vote for it to gently caress them up + racism, immigration, sovereignty all that bollocks.

I voted remain because my brother has a job that trades with the eu. I was still strongly tempted to vote leave on a gently caress the government basis.

Or did you forget that Camron was leading the remain side you dumb assholes?

The case for remain is that we aren't all gonna loving die from medicine shortages you giant oik.

And 2 years ago it was "hey look at leave it's supported by *examines list* nigel farage boris johnson and jacob rees mogg let's definitely give them what they want to own the neolibs"

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Just lol @ everything in this stupid loving country.

I'm done with even pretending to effort post, it's all just madness and I'm going to laugh until I am dead.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

The case for remain is that we aren't all gonna loving die from medicine shortages you giant oik.

Yes now. How obvious was it then twatface?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

she wants no deal and you've been fooled if you think otherwise imo

even if this is what she actually wants, she's hosed up by making herself so utterly reviled. she could've not called an election for which she was obviously not prepared. she could've at least pretended to include the opposition

at the moment she seems to have discredited the cause of brexit more than anything. i genuinely believe that she's personally ruled out a hard but regulated brexit, which was in the cards, by her own extraordinary incompetence

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

V. Illych L. posted:

like, i genuinely think that theresa may might be mentally ill in some way

I'm not a psychiatrist or any sort of medical professional and would not claim to diagnose anyone of anything but just thought I'd post a paragraph from the DSM5 on Narcissistic Personality Disorder

"Individuals with this disorder have a grandiose sense of self-importance (Criterion 1). They routinely overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious. They may blithely assume that others attribute the same value to their efforts and may be surprised when the praise they expect and feel they deserve is not forthcoming. Often implicit in the inflated judgments of their own accomplishments is an underestimation (devaluation) of the contributions of others. Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder are often preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love (Criterion 2). They may ruminate about "'long overdue" admiration and privilege and compare themselves favorably with famous or privileged people."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

if so I'd have gunned down baby hitler and 1993 blair
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that killing baby Hitler would have just led to some other European nation doing a Holocaust mid century, or antisemitism remaining at 1920s levels throughout Europe forever.

Probably better to go back to 1945 Romania and teach Abba Kovner how to make sarin.

And then also direct him to Edinburgh in 1953.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Yeah right, I know Ms May. All these loving politicians right? Not an honest one among them.

You're the Prime Minister

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

Again, I can't imagine what you thought nigel farage, borish johnson, and jacob rees mogg wanted out of the arrangement.

If you're saying the case for remain was and is just that people "don't like change" then I feel like if I can suggest that there were very obvious changes of a particular nature that people might have been objecting to both then and now I think that means I win?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

"Repetition is the path to mastery"

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrFlibble posted:

it was really loving obvious that you couldn't reconcile some key loving elements of brexit, for instance the northern ireland border.

it was also loving obvious that exiting the EU would mean leaving the single market which would disrupt poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would quite like Bercow to state again that unless the deal is significantly different it wont get heard.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Roman empire Valentinian died when speaking to emissaries from Germanic tribes. He was ranting and raving at then so much he had a stroke and just died there and then.

Don't know why this reminds me of current events so much.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

Again, I can't imagine what you thought nigel farage, borish johnson, and jacob rees mogg wanted out of the arrangement.

I hated Cameron as much as all those fuckers combined at the time of the vote.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

even they were touting a Norway-style option

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Farage wanted to make money shorting the pound, Boris wanted to be PM, and literally no-one even knew who Rees Mogg was at that point.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
people specifically ignored the negatives around brexit when pointed out to them because they had enough of experts.

oh that's project fear.

and that's right the EU wasn't and isn't perfect but it was still a monumentally stupid idea to leave

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

I hated Cameron as much as all those fuckers combined at the time of the vote.

Oh well then your inability to see the difference between nigel farage and david cameron definitely means there never was one.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JFairfax posted:

it was really loving obvious that you couldn't reconcile some key loving elements of brexit, for instance the northern ireland border.

it was also loving obvious that exiting the EU would mean leaving the single market which would disrupt poo poo.

Yeah. Like I said in my post, which you didn't read obviously, stomach for chaos.

And gently caress off back to america fairfax.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
loving calm down everybody. Remember: nothing matters lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrFlibble posted:

Yeah. Like I said in my post, which you didn't read obviously, stomach for chaos.

And gently caress off back to america fairfax.

i hated cameron so much I left the country when he got into office because I know not to trust tories

e/ sorry you were too stupid to leave

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

And 2 years ago it was "hey look at leave it's supported by *examines list* nigel farage boris johnson and jacob rees mogg let's definitely give them what they want to own the neolibs"
Are we all so quick to forget Dennis Skinner?

He had columns in the Morning Star and all.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

do you guys have the equivalent of our 25th amendment?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Are we all so quick to forget Dennis Skinner?

He had columns in the Morning Star and all.

He's an idiot as well.

Lexit was, and is, a stupid idea.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The border came up a lot here... We even had John Major and Tony Blair come over and give a special joint conference which was "uh border"

We warned you about borders bro

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Roman empire Valentinian died when speaking to emissaries from Germanic tribes. He was ranting and raving at then so much he had a stroke and just died there and then.

Don't know why this reminds me of current events so much.

Roman politics is full of some insane stories.

One Roman emperor arranged a marriage with a parthinian noblewoman in the 200sCE. After the ceremony he killed the bride and the Parthinian dignitaries who attended the wedding.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

even they were touting a Norway-style option

And you believed them?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

Farage wanted to make money shorting the pound, Boris wanted to be PM, and literally no-one even knew who Rees Mogg was at that point.

That's not true, I remember Stephen Fry talking about Rees-Mogg's nanny well before that.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2Y5rigJpU !

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

JFairfax posted:

nobody was talking about the border during the referendum. maybe in actual northern ireland, but i followed it quite closely and i recall nothing about the GFI

brexit is and was primarily an issue of england, and of the often ugly face of modern populist resentment. the actual issues, i think, were quite secondary

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Needs a necklace?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Abel Wingnut posted:

do you guys have the equivalent of our 25th amendment?

yes, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to find the axe?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

Oh well then your inability to see the difference between nigel farage and david cameron definitely means there never was one.

You disingenuous fucker.

I am pointing out that there were twats on both loving sides.

Thats all i'm doing here.

I voted remain. I would vote remain again. I think Brexit is going to kill members of my family, I am making GBS threads myself.

But I will gladly accept a leave voters help in gutting the politicians in charge of this shitshow, because the politicians are the ones responsible.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrFlibble posted:

Very, but every time that or the million other obvious terrible fates were shouted down as part of 'project fear' by loving cunts.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

nobody was talking about the border during the referendum. maybe in actual northern ireland, but i followed it quite closely and i recall nothing about the GFI

brexit is and was primarily an issue of england, and of the often ugly face of modern populist resentment. the actual issues, i think, were quite secondary

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/09/tony-blair-and-john-major-brexit-would-close-irish-border

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

communism bitch posted:

I assume she's banking on her stirring speech leading to a flood of letters and phone calls to constituency offices from The People so that her misguided MPs see how right she was all along.
I think I can imagine how that's turning out in practice.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

I was talking about the border to my friends, the border was an obvious problem and if you didn't see it coming then LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Y'all just didn't want to listen