Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's even better if you watch the movie with the idea that those newscasts in the beginning are lies and propaganda, and Britain is as bad off as the rest of the world or worse

I always assumed Britain was actually one of the worst off, because the people doing research were on a boat. If Britain was actually stable, why wouldn't they be hiding there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mantis42 posted:

The only honorable act left for ya'll is to march hand in hand into the Channel. Britain had a good run, go out with dignity.

Don't say that, France's navy might start opening fire thinking you're migrants

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

is it classically British to sell your own blood and the blood of others as a street vendor

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

brexit means brexit

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I have found a problem with May's cunning plan:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1108468721562079237

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol she was considered an MP likely to vote for Mays deal

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/...ingawful.com%2F

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
well when you've lost lisa

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Maybe her plan is to be an idiot until she gets thrown out but a vote of no confidence, so that the EU is more sympathetic to her successor. The old good PM bad PM routine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm starting to wonder if may is autistic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

Maybe her plan is to be an idiot until she gets thrown out but a vote of no confidence, so that the EU is more sympathetic to her successor. The old good PM bad PM routine.

Her legacy is her deal. Anything else and she'll be remembered for caving on brexit rather than doing brexit.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
At this point, why try to do anything, only to be remembered as like the fifth worst PM of all time? May as well try for number one, right?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

She just wanted to vent about how she was having a tough time at work with her arsehole colleagues, and for some reason chose to do it on national television

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jose posted:

Her legacy is her deal. Anything else and she'll be remembered for caving on brexit rather than doing brexit.

Being remembered for being a huge failure is still being remembered.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Brexit makes sense if you think of every leave voter as Hyacinth Bucket

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Brexit makes sense if you think of every leave voter as Hyacinth Bucket

It's Bouquet.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
WTF is going on are we having a GE?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

it turns out I did not have a good date night, in that cannonbury pub

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
This is very bad for Jeremy Corbyn.

LOL what the gently caress people did he expect at this meeting, what does the Parliamentary Labour Party's staff do all day?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

WTF is going on are we having a GE?

no, not for decades

you wont have the surviving infrastructure for one in a month, and that takes time to rebuild

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
215 hours till brexit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Juliet Whisky posted:

This is very bad for Jeremy Corbyn.

LOL what the gently caress people did he expect at this meeting, what does the Parliamentary Labour Party's staff do all day?

Isn't "The Independent Group" not actually a political party, because they don't want to reveal their money suppliers? Or am I working with old information?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

prefect posted:

Isn't "The Independent Group" not actually a political party, because they don't want to reveal their money suppliers? Or am I working with old information?

They're not, they are called 'The Independent Group' because parliamentary tradition mandates that for any non-party group of aligned MPs. They did register the name as a business though in a transparent effort to conceal donations. As a bigger bloc than e.g. DUP it's predictable that they would be invited to negotiations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

prefect posted:

that is correct. Inviting them is literally insane

A) Not a political party
B) No future- don't have to live with the consequences
C) Will do anything to avoid a GE, so they can't be trusted to stick with anything that hurts the tories

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

prefect posted:

You’re right, but they are also the fourth biggest grouping of MPs, and the meeting is about a vote that will pass by single figure votes if it passes. Doing it without him would be counterproductive, however objectionable May and Corbyn find TIG

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

tarbrush posted:

You’re right, but they are also the fourth biggest grouping of MPs, and the meeting is about a vote that will pass by single figure votes if it passes. Doing it without him would be counterproductive, however objectionable May and Corbyn find TIG

If you think TIG will join a largescale humiliation of the tories that might result in a general election, you're out of your mind. You'd have better luck with safe-seat tory remainers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what does brexit mean?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

prefect posted:

No the TIGs are the purest distillation of Westminster bullshit that has ever existed

They are of course a private company not a political party. They of course will not even pretend that having a democratic mandate matters.

If you look at things with a moral lens then just consider the scummiest possible option and congrats you already know what the TIGs will do.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

take off every "tig"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

215 hours till brexit

that seems soon?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Get hosed. The TIGs have no moral or democratic legitimacy and should be excluded from any business of government until they have a legitimate democratic mandate.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

Vitamin P posted:

legitimate democratic mandate.

Awww.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Brexut

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

TIGgers are still respective members of their original parties. There's no reason to invite any of them because they're not a real opposition group.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

euphronius posted:

it always has mystified me that British actors can completely nail American accents but American actors are usually a complete travesty doing anything British

https://youtu.be/jXs9cf2YWwg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances