Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jfreewright/status/1108398831077601281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
One of McCain's real friends should challenge Lindsey (him being a Southern Gentleman) to a duel. Ah, except that would require him to defend his honor, of which, he has none.

The Republican party is a party of cowards. If even the President insulted my wife, my dad or my best friend in the ways that Trump has, I would go ape poo poo. I would lay down a barrage of curses so bad, the Pope would call for an Inquisition. The Republicans just either hide under their covers or roll on their backs. loving cowards!

I didn't even like McCain, but Trump should at least just shut up about a dead dude who served his country! Who was horribly tortured! Just shut the gently caress up!

It enrages me that my Dad, who loving VOLUNTEERED FOR VIET NAM!, voted for and supports a coward who mocks dead heros! I don't what happened to the man who raised me.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

stfu old man

He has limited life force to dedicate to A) winning the primary, B) winning the general, and C) winning the general again. Even one iota wasted on McCain's moldering corpse is unacceptable.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Conservatives: "I can't believe they frisked that kid!"

Also conservatives: "By the way, Stop and Frisk is awesome and every city should do it."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1108516736700219392

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Huge slam on Chris Christie out of nowhere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pence must be frothing at the bit

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Deified Data posted:

stfu old man

He has limited life force to dedicate to A) winning the primary, B) winning the general, and C) winning the general again. Even one iota wasted on McCain's moldering corpse is unacceptable.

A politician using a news story to attack his opponent? Well I never.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jesus III posted:

One of McCain's real friends should challenge Lindsey (him being a Southern Gentleman) to a duel. Ah, except that would require him to defend his honor, of which, he has none.

The Republican party is a party of cowards. If even the President insulted my wife, my dad or my best friend in the ways that Trump has, I would go ape poo poo. I would lay down a barrage of curses so bad, the Pope would call for an Inquisition. The Republicans just either hide under their covers or roll on their backs. loving cowards!

I didn't even like McCain, but Trump should at least just shut up about a dead dude who served his country! Who was horribly tortured! Just shut the gently caress up!

It enrages me that my Dad, who loving VOLUNTEERED FOR VIET NAM!, voted for and supports a coward who mocks dead heros! I don't what happened to the man who raised me.

Phone bank campaign to get Cunningham to duel Lindsay for the honor of SC. Bat’leths at dawn, it’ll be great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Pence must be frothing at the bit

You chomp at the bit.

if a horse is frothing you're probably not going to get on it.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jesus III posted:

(It was racism. Racism happened to him.)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

FizFashizzle posted:

You chomp at the bit.

Try telling Pence not to get on any horse.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1108397799148802049

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

FizFashizzle posted:

You chomp at the bit.

You champ at the bit, not chomp.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

“Where the hell is the bathroom in this place?” :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Majestic posted:

You champ at the bit, not chomp.

this is a regionalism in the horse world on par with coke v soda v pop.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

The pace is accelerating at an exponential rate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

lol trump is picking a fight with a dead man over long settled issues and he appears to be losing.

What a loving world.

mccain as poo poo as he was knew how to play the game and hide the shittyness and could probably get along with people. trump and turtle can't.

ehh, who cares. bernie knows that sometimes you have to play the game. McCain being sainted is dumb but if it makes trump get mad and burn more support with the senate, i am ok with it. politics is dance. you can't play the radical who shits on people constantly, or you end up looking like cruz or trump even if your saying the right stuff. McCain is one of those people you feign tears for and then move on. if trump wants to make this about himself and burn some bridges and bernie plays the better man, then let them.

Jesus III posted:

well whatever goodness in the GOP there was died with nixon. its just the rot and shambling horribleness have become alot more obvious. trumps an endstage symptom of the rot, a great unclean one birthed by the memory of horrible poo poo and broken ideals.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 21, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What the gently caress is the point of a Justice who literally doesn’t talk.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Barrons kids are going to be alive in like 2120 and it’s going to be weird trivia for future people to mention trumps grandkids are still around. Like if Lincoln’s granddaughter was just around

2012: President John Tyler’s grandsons are still alive!!

John Tyler was the 10th President of the United States. He was born in 1790 and took office in 1841. His son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler, was born in 1853, when Tyler was 63 years old. In turn, Lyon had six children with two different wives, two of whom were Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Jr. and Harrison Ruffin Tyler (born 1924 & 1928 respectively, when Lyon Sr. was in his 70s). They are reportedly both still living in their 80s.

https://kottke.org/12/01/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jesus III posted:

Just as an FYI, people who volunteered for Vietnam tend to not be good people.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In a 5:4 decision...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

he believes that anything worth saying can be said in writing

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jonshorman/status/1108507625510133760

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

VideoGameVet posted:

2012: President John Tyler’s grandsons are still alive!!

John Tyler was the 10th President of the United States. He was born in 1790 and took office in 1841. His son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler, was born in 1853, when Tyler was 63 years old. In turn, Lyon had six children with two different wives, two of whom were Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Jr. and Harrison Ruffin Tyler (born 1924 & 1928 respectively, when Lyon Sr. was in his 70s). They are reportedly both still living in their 80s.

https://kottke.org/12/01/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive

okay that's kinda cool even though Tyler was fairly bad

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

“Where the hell is the bathroom in this place?” :v:

"Is this a pubic hair on my Coke?"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

Non-white person wants to make America great again, like when non-whites had little rights.

rich-rear end Chinese people could get around the Chinese Exclusion Act, arguably the worst major immigration law in US history

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Hell I remember my great grandmother telling me how much she cried when Samuel Clemens died. A lot, apparently.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Peacoffee posted:

Hell I remember my great grandmother telling me how much she cried when Samuel Clemens died. A lot, apparently.

tbf that's entirely reasonable

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

tbf that's entirely reasonable

Pretty sure I cried when I found out too, and that was almost a century later :(

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A large majority of cases can be decide on submitted briefings alone, including most Supreme Court cases. In my experience, people that think they are going to lose are more likely to ask for oral arguments

I’ve seen a federal appellate judge sleep during oral arguments

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

EwokEntourage posted:

A large majority of cases can be decide on submitted briefings alone, including most Supreme Court cases.

I’ve seen a federal appellate judge sleep during oral arguments

Oral arguments are almost always a gigantic waste of everyone's time. They don't shift the decision on one case in twenty, and even then they probably shouldn't.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

To vote how the fascists who put him there want him to.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Smeef posted:

Trump is more King Lear than Macbeth, though.

more like King Leer :dadjoke:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
"Trump Has Now Shifted $1.3 Million Of Campaign-Donor Money Into His Business"

"Donald Trump has charged his own reelection campaign $1.3 million for rent, food, lodging and other expenses since taking office, according to a Forbes analysis of the latest campaign filings. And although outsiders have contributed more than $50 million to the campaign, the billionaire president hasn’t handed over any of his own cash. The net effect: $1.3 million of donor money has turned into $1.3 million of Trump money."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2019/03/20/trump-has-now-shifted-13m-of-campaign-donor-money-into-his-business/

Just more data we already knew. It will please the chuds, in some hyper-convoluted way.

ETA: "...the billionaire president...."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

mcmagic posted:

To vote how the fascists who put him there want him to.

thomas is a nutter and would not actually be terribly useful to federal level fascists capable of passing legislation because he doesn't think the federal government should be able to do things

he's super handy for state level fascists for similar reasons

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember that kansas used to be the second most unionized state behind oklahoma.

it's impressive the republicans hosed up so hard there it's swung this hard left, and with huge approval for it as well.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oral arguments are almost always a gigantic waste of everyone's time. They don't shift the decision on one case in twenty, and even then they probably shouldn't.

.....but my SCOTUS case oscar-bait... :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know they;ve had a lot of turnover but are these people that new?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1108533705071624193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

FizFashizzle posted:

remember that kansas used to be the second most unionized state behind oklahoma.

it's impressive the republicans hosed up so hard there it's swung this hard left, and with huge approval for it as well.

What's kind of sad though is that Democrats hosed up so badly by being pieces of poo poo going ever billionaire dollars instead of you know, actually representing working people.