Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

nooneofconsequence posted:

No one is going to suggest putting a pillow over Grace's face?

It's a valid option, but we have to get her consent first. *shakes head*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
DAMMIT LARRY!

Still Jason!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I loving hate US television networks. Just air the drat show. Why can't they understand that poo poo like this is why people are abandoning them in favour of streaming platforms?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Lord Bude posted:

I loving hate US television networks. Just air the drat show. Why can't they understand that poo poo like this is why people are abandoning them in favour of streaming platforms?

It's really annoying. Then you have shows like Gotham which got a short-order final season and they can't even air that every week. Stupid.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know, at least Barry realizes lying is bad, he could teach like everyone on Arrow that.

What is with all the Spider-Man references recently?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Have you seen Into the Spider-verse? It's dope.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

You know, at least Barry realizes lying is bad
Only after five seasons

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
It was nice to see Barry IMMEDIATELY lock up Nora as soon as the Thawne revelation dropped, family or no.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FactsAreUseless posted:

Only after five seasons

Again, its better than Arrow, they're still lying to each other for no reason in the future,

hiddenriverninja posted:

Have you seen Into the Spider-verse? It's dope.

Yes, like literally just watched it again tonight. Just wierd in a DC show.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

vseslav.botkin posted:

It was nice to see Barry IMMEDIATELY lock up Nora as soon as the Thawne revelation dropped, family or no.

"Only I get to be mentored by Thawne, how dare you."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

"Only I get to be mentored by Thawne, how dare you."

Barry had no idea who Thawne was at the time of said mentorship. Nora went in with full knowledge that this was her dad’s arch nemesis, among other even more heinous things. So hell yeah

Lock!

Her!

Up!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

nine-gear crow posted:

Barry had no idea who Thawne was at the time of said mentorship. Nora went in with full knowledge that this was her dad’s arch nemesis, among other even more heinous things. So hell yeah

Lock!

Her!

Up!

Well first up, Barry has willingly cooperated with Thawne, with full knowledge of who Thawne is and what he's done, on more than one occasion. Has literally travelled through time to get the opportunity to do so, in fact. And remember Flashpoint? Sends Thawne off to murder his own mother with a hearty slap on the back and a "go get 'em, champ."

Second, it's a real poo poo move to go "oh the annoying French dude definitely has the full story here, let me just throw my daughter into my secret illegal jail without bothering to ask her any questions about the circumstances." Considering he revealed his secret identity to a serial killer just last episode, he could maybe give her the benefit of the doubt here, especially since there's been about eighty-six different moments since Nora got back that she could have gone "haha psych" and stabbed him.

Third, she actually didn't have full knowledge, because she didn't know Thawne had murdered Granny Allen back in the day. She was pretty shook up about learning that, remember? As far as she knew at the time, Thawne was just the one speedster arch villain her father hadn't managed to murder before the crisis on infinite channels happened, or whatever.

It's artificial drama anyway, this'll all be resolved before the credits roll next episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

We had local elections yesterday and a good chunk of the middle was preempted by announcing election results and victory/concession speeches. I was watching it streaming live.

Also, being able to watch it live is its own experience compared to waiting for it to fully come out and then binge it all at once.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

We had local elections yesterday and a good chunk of the middle was preempted by announcing election results and victory/concession speeches. I was watching it streaming live.

Also, being able to watch it live is its own experience compared to waiting for it to fully come out and then binge it all at once.

I haven't sat in front of a television to watch a show live in over a decade. Nowadays I watch everything online at my PC but even back when I had a TV tuner in my PC I would never watch something live; I'd wait 30 mins at least so I could record the show and skip through commercials. Who voluntarily waits through ad breaks in 2019?

Weekly episodes vs all at once binge is a different argument of course; and both approaches have merit; but at least netflix doesn't arbitrarily decide every second or third week is a non ratings week and put the show on hiatus.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This whole consent thing with the meta cure is so dumb. She’s a minor, her legal guardian was in favor. :psyduck:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Avalerion posted:

This whole consent thing with the meta cure is so dumb. She’s a minor, her legal guardian was in favor. :psyduck:

Also there's something obviously going on with those glowing wounds making them really really fucken pissed off and irrational. Cicada Classic calmed the hell down pretty quick when his was removed. Not to rehash the King Shark debate but when part of your powerset is "basically loses their minds and can't think rationally to give informed consent" do you really need to pump the brakes on returning their normal brains to them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OH BOY ITS CONSENT CHAT AGAIN

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Posters in this thread would argue it's unethical to treat rabies given the opportunity.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does rabies give you super powers?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Ok calm down skippy

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

The Lord Bude posted:

I haven't sat in front of a television to watch a show live in over a decade. Nowadays I watch everything online at my PC but even back when I had a TV tuner in my PC I would never watch something live; I'd wait 30 mins at least so I could record the show and skip through commercials. Who voluntarily waits through ad breaks in 2019?

Weekly episodes vs all at once binge is a different argument of course; and both approaches have merit; but at least netflix doesn't arbitrarily decide every second or third week is a non ratings week and put the show on hiatus.

Just gonna emphasize that the hiatus isn’t arbitrary. The episodes are straight up not finished (or even shot) yet.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This is about the same time they do this every year, they at least have been getting slightly better about the spacing of it. I swear one year there was a 2-3 week break, followed by a single episode and then another mult-week break

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dont consent to being told to calm down.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol ok that is pretty good

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Just gonna emphasize that the hiatus isn’t arbitrary. The episodes are straight up not finished (or even shot) yet.

I'm not sure how hearing that the highly-paid producers didn't finish the episodes in time is supposed to be better than hearing that the network wants to space the show out like this for more advertising money.

Fuego Fish posted:

Well first up, Barry has willingly cooperated with Thawne, with full knowledge of who Thawne is and what he's done, on more than one occasion. Has literally travelled through time to get the opportunity to do so, in fact. And remember Flashpoint? Sends Thawne off to murder his own mother with a hearty slap on the back and a "go get 'em, champ."

I'm not sure what your point is, here. Barry is a timetraveling supervillain who stops other supervillains when their schemes don't align with his.

Fuego Fish posted:

Second, it's a real poo poo move to go "oh the annoying French dude definitely has the full story here, let me just throw my daughter into my secret illegal jail without bothering to ask her any questions about the circumstances." Considering he revealed his secret identity to a serial killer just last episode, he could maybe give her the benefit of the doubt here, especially since there's been about eighty-six different moments since Nora got back that she could have gone "haha psych" and stabbed him.

They threw Arrow-Barry right into superjail when he started acting funny too. Can't take any chances when you've got a possible psycho with the power to stop time.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does rabies give you super powers?

Being super good at avoiding water! (Because you have hydrophobia)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

This whole consent thing with the meta cure is so dumb. She's a minor, her legal guardian was in favor. :psyduck:

I don't think you grasp how deadly serious the slippery slope could be. If we stop this time jumping super serial killer, next we'll be stopping all the time traveling murders! But more importantly, that will make Cisco very pouty.

Also I know it's kind of messed up because her circumstances are obviously going to be revealed to be complex next episode, but I did get some serious schadenfreude seeing Nora get slammed into no-lunch supermax time out. I hope that it's revealed that Nora got her instructions back during the Earth-X crossover from Literal Nazi Thawne.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

AlliedBiscuit posted:

They could have timed the start of the season relative to the production schedule in such a way that they could show the season start to finish with either no break or just a single hiatus for the holiday season. I'd rather the show started airing a month later than have random multi week gaps in the airing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I don't think you grasp how deadly serious the slippery slope could be. If we stop this time jumping super serial killer, next we'll be stopping all the time traveling murders! But more importantly, that will make Cisco very pouty.

Also I know it's kind of messed up because her circumstances are obviously going to be revealed to be complex next episode, but I did get some serious schadenfreude seeing Nora get slammed into no-lunch supermax time out. I hope that it's revealed that Nora got her instructions back during the Earth-X crossover from Literal Nazi Thawne.

The Thawn depicted in the earth X crossover was our thawn who randomly decided to team up with the nazis, not an alternate nazi Thawn.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

The Thawn depicted in the earth X crossover was our thawn who randomly decided to team up with the nazis, not an alternate nazi Thawn.

Oh, I know. He still teamed up with literal Nazis. And I think it'd be funny if he passed off his diary to Nora while in full Nazi costume, like "Hey I know what this looks like but trust me..."

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The Lord Bude posted:

Thawn will take every opportunity to gently caress with Barry.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

They could have timed the start of the season relative to the production schedule in such a way that they could show the season start to finish with either no break or just a single hiatus for the holiday season. I'd rather the show started airing a month later than have random multi week gaps in the airing.

Unfortunately, "could" in this case doesn't mean "is literally possible", but more tied to the idea of "would advertisers pay the same or more in this case". The mere existence of sweeps weeks or whatever suggests otherwise.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought it was kind of sad that they kept Cavanagh on the show by basically just bringing in Sherloque from another universe to keep him on the show, but now I'm impressed now that he started Sherlocking Nora' and her time journal to find her dirty little secret.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I’m kind if curious if Nora’s Thawn might not be the bad guy for once. At least he seemed genuinelly surprised at another Cicada showing up so maybe things really did not go according to his plan, whatever it was.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Vietnamwees posted:

I thought it was kind of sad that they kept Cavanagh on the show by basically just bringing in Sherloque from another universe to keep him on the show, but now I'm impressed now that he started Sherlocking Nora' and her time journal to find her dirty little secret.

Why sad? I thought it was a testament to both the character and the actor that they're working so hard to come up with ways to keep him around.

I thought Silly Voice Wells was pushing it at first but he's grown on me too!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I actually hope they keep him on next season. He fills a story niche - the show has enough science people; a good detective type character is a better addition.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I actually hope they keep him on next season. He fills a story niche - the show has enough science people; a good detective type character is a better addition.

They have a reporter, a private detective, a foresinc tech and a cop on the team.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

They have a reporter, a private detective, a foresinc tech and a cop on the team.

And a DA! All they need now is Richard Belzer and they'll have all the pieces in place to do a Law and Order spinoff!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

TwoPair posted:

And a DA! All they need now is Richard Belzer and they'll have all the pieces in place to do a Law and Order spinoff!

In the Central City justice system, the people are represented by two separate but equally important groups: Team Flash, who investigate metahumans, and the Flash, who imprisons them without trial. These are their stories.

:doink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Was there ever a reason given why the time wraiths don’t come after Nora? They come after them when they go back to get some evil Barry armor pieces, but then nothing. She’s literally constantly changing things.

Also I wonder if we’ll see some time wraiths coming after Grace. Probably not because...speed force