Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I like how Citizens are now rushing into all game related forums and subreddits, posting the photos of the female character models everywhere, like it's some sort of new revolutionary advancement in gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Rad Russian posted:

I like how Citizens are now rushing into all game related forums and subreddits, posting the photos of the female character models everywhere, like it's some sort of new revolutionary advancement in gaming.

Never been done before

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Rad Russian posted:

I guess it's because people said they'd never get that far. I don't think these guys get the point of that insult, and the fact that they're demolishing their own positions by rushing to prove those people "wrong."

It should have been in the game from day one. Anything later than "simultaneously release with male models" is too late for a game that planned to always have them. This wasn't a "feature patch" they decided to add years in - it was supposedly always intended. If so, the rigs should have been sized and working with every ship right from the beginning. Instead, CIG-G+G announces this lack of their own planning as a "blocker" and has to solve the problem first. Rather like when Chris shits in his pants, announces the pants as a blocker, then realizes if he pulls them down before he shits it works out a lot better, then proudly explains the never-solved-before problem his vision resolved.

Showing that CIG-G+G finally has "female models" is pretty much validating the universal position: the game is a bunch of poo poo that releases the bare minimum required to maintain the illusion of progress, even if people born when it was announced are now reading, writing, and learning to ride the very bikes that CIG-G+G's programmers fall off and break their wrists.

That didn't really occur to me before. Kids born on the day Chris announced this abomination of a project are now old enough to see it's a scam and smart enough to know he's an idiot.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 21, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Quavers posted:

These :females: boots are made for walking: https://streamable.com/c22v6

Hip Sway is in. Let the games begin.

quote:

It's the wide hips on the model that is causing a lot of sway. It looks odd because a lot of women don't have nearly as wide as the person they used to create to model. Still happens though.

Edit: also this is in between a walk and a run. A fast walk. A faster or slower speed might look less awkward

Rad Russian posted:

They do respect her butt, they just love to watch her strut.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Rad Russian posted:

It’s also to counteract the perception that the remaining Citizen diehards are a bunch of desperate neck beards trawled from the darkest depths of the internet’s benthic zones.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

:raise:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
You heard it right here, Ronda Rousey is weaker than Danny DeVito. :biotruths:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

You heard it right here, Ronda Rousey is weaker than Danny DeVito. :biotruths:

I would not like to face an angry Danny DeVito, it's just not wise.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

That's very realistic. Look at the way the guy turns his head as she walks past to take a look at her rear end.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Quavers posted:

Wow, that animation is weird. It's like they combined the mocap from a model doing that weird catwalk walk and joined it to someone just normally walking.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

What a vile piece of poo poo.

I pity anyone that has had to deal with this pond scum in real life.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nyast posted:

This begs some clarification. If it really is a pledge and not a purchase or pre-order you shouldn't be paying VAT over it. Since CIG makes end-users pay VAT, where does VAT go to ? Their pockets ? That'd be illegal. Do they really transfer back the collected VAT money to the correct countries ? If so, it's considered a purchase.

Point is, there is a contradiction between the fact they collect VAT and the fact they say it's not a purchase. One of the two is wrong, which one ?

What is that old saying again? By their fruits you shall know them? I would think their actions speak a lot louder than their words at this point.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Since EPIC just issued 100m in grants on gamedev, in 3D graphics regardless if you're using Unity Unreal Engine or not, I wonder if Star Citizen will be an EPIC Games Store exclusive in the future? :confused:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

Hellblade (PC, 2017)

Also mocapped.

In some meeting room that they converted for reasons of budget limitations, right?

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Krycek posted:

Never been done before

What is Boo Huxley's hot take on finally getting female player characters?
Is she even active anymore on spectrum/reddit?

Someone post her "mark the next 3 months" quote, that is never not funny.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

In some meeting room that they converted for reasons of budget limitations, right?

Yes, with the video cutter as a stand in for an actual actress, which should have been hired later if they got some funding. Turned out the video cutter was very talented and kept the job. See, Sandi, you have to become the video cutter of the next movie you buy yourself into, so you are in full control who gets cut and who not.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

tuo posted:

Yes, with the video cutter as a stand in for an actual actress, which should have been hired later if they got some funding. Turned out the video cutter was very talented and kept the job. See, Sandi, you have to become the video cutter of the next movie you buy yourself into, so you are in full control who gets cut and who not.

Funny how that works.

"I'm not an actress, but I'll do a stand in until we can afford one."
(Turns out to be talented enough to carry the position.)

vs.

"I'm an actress! Point a camera at me!"
(Wooden, untalented, stilted, and unnatural, even performing a simple task such as "walking 6 feet".)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

EvilMerlin posted:

Nope, I'm saying that some SC fans are just like fans of other games.

You have morons, idiots, sexist pigs, dolts, dorks, geeks, nerds etc for every game.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Has anyone said "The inevitable consequence of picking a female avatar" yet?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Supplemental:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm really digging the ME:A vibe they have going with the female avatars.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Considering the, uh, "suggestive" positions I've seen the bog-standard unimaginative generic male commando being caught in as it malfunctions and clips through any and all geometry, I think I can safely predict these new female avatars are going to take us to bad places.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

tuo posted:

I really like the story of how that got made, Melina Juergens seems like a nice person.

Anyway, that sassy SC hip sway eh? Phwooar.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

no_recall posted:

When will Star Citizen patch in ray tracing?

After CI No G win space court, as part of the deal they will own all Crytek assets which includes their new Ray Tracing gubbins.
So in 'Two Weeks™' or when they release a patch on time containing everything stated to be in the said patch, or whichever comes first.
Please read the updated TOS and by reading the TOS, you have agreed to the TOS.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

3.5 Patch D

Testing Focus:

There's a chance you will spawn in your bed T-posed.

What are they testing? Acceptance?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvGUq7RzD4

Another interesting one from a bunch of invested Citizens.

It's nearly 3 hours long (sidenote: is there any other unreleased game out there which generates 3 hour long discussions between fans?) and I haven't watched it all yet (and probably never will, tbh) but the first 30 minutes' discussion about CI¬G's abandonment of subscriber content, and the saltiness in the live chat, is revealing. Lack of community content, the Faceware game changer that never happened, community engagement in the shitter, out of date information on the ship pages, Turbulent, the *new* tutorials which the *new* flight model will render obsolete... it goes on and on...

They get so close, they really do, but can't quite bring themselves to take the discussion to its logical conclusion, to whit, CI¬G don't give a poo poo about you, nerds - there's a new investor in town and he needs placating.

Starts at the 12 min mark, positive vibes reassert themselves at around 45 mins in.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The walk looks weird because they changed the model to give her a thigh gap I think. so they moved her leg bones out a few inches so now it doesn't fit natural to the torso.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

It’s just a happy coincidence, you commie leftsit.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Citizens spending hours posting about a female walk cycle is exactly as off-putting as I was expecting, well done CInotG.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Pixelate posted:

What are they testing? Acceptance?

User Acceptance Testing was never so literal.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

big nipples big life posted:

Citizens spending hours posting about a female walk cycle is exactly as off-putting as I was expecting, well done CInotG.

I am totally an expert on the female body, because I’m definitely surrounded by them at all times, and they totally have the sex with me, because I’m a gentlemen of class and refinement who owns an Idris.

So I can definitely say with authority that all women walk like cartoon caricatures of women.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

colonelwest posted:

I am totally an expert on the female body, because I’m definitely surrounded by them at all times, and they totally have the sex with me, because I’m a gentlemen of class and refinement who owns an Idris.

So I can definitely say with authority that all women walk like cartoon caricatures of women.

Source: Metal Gear Solid V

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Hellblade thing happened with Warframe to, the head CM started voicing the main mission giver and now 6 years later she is still voicing the character.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny Shiloh posted:

the Faceware game changer that never happened

Its quite amazing that they thought it would in the first place. Its a novelty feature. Some people might use it, but i suspect most won't. I think most people have enough privacy concerns to not let any company record them without need.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

colonelwest posted:

Don't forget to tip the fedora as they pass, Citizen.

"After you, m'lady"

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

You know, here I was, going to post how the model in game was not really "that bad" given what I kind of expected CIG to go with..... But that walk cycle... :yikes:

Also the slow motion as the dude just stares at her rear end... :wtc:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Shiloh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvGUq7RzD4

Another interesting one from a bunch of invested Citizens.

It's nearly 3 hours long (sidenote: is there any other unreleased game out there which generates 3 hour long discussions between fans?) and I haven't watched it all yet (and probably never will, tbh) but the first 30 minutes' discussion about CI¬G's abandonment of subscriber content, and the saltiness in the live chat, is revealing. Lack of community content, the Faceware game changer that never happened, community engagement in the shitter, out of date information on the ship pages, Turbulent, the *new* tutorials which the *new* flight model will render obsolete... it goes on and on...

They get so close, they really do, but can't quite bring themselves to take the discussion to its logical conclusion, to whit, CI¬G don't give a poo poo about you, nerds - there's a new investor in town and he needs placating.

Starts at the 12 min mark, positive vibes reassert themselves at around 45 mins in.

I clicked randomly at around an hour and a half and they were bitching about all mechanics being missing and how it would be a great idea for the to introduce minus 0.0 mechanics, meaning, stuff even less polished than the current 0.0 crap. But, in the end, they think that the lack of the mechanics is because CI-G is too perfectionist and won't release anything until it is ready.

Morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

But, in the end, they think that the lack of the mechanics is because CI-G is too perfectionist and won't release anything until it is ready.

Then how do they explain the stuff that is released and poo poo?