Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm amused they were so lazy that they based the Indrik on a specific Pokemon even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

I'm amused they were so lazy that they based the Indrik on a specific Pokemon even.

Both the Indrik and the Sawsbuck are based off a real life deer that decorates it's horns with foliage.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Rollersnake posted:

If only I could churn out the Indrik as fast as I can breed those...

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Im holding out for the mega hybrid indrik that requires fusing four different evolved indrik, each one requiring the four berries to create a base indrik and then another four evolution berries.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

started my first magicka character and decided on a high elf petsorc. at level 15 and my usual attack is heavy>light>crystal shards>light>endless fury. any other skills i should pick up as that combo is absolutely wrecking the poo poo out of 90% of enemies i run into.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Daedric Curse, once you get it to morph, pick Daedric Prey as it increases the damage your pets do to the cursed target.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is master merchant freaking out for anyone else?

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Go into Settings > Addons > Master Merchant and click "Verbose Messages"(near the bottom) to off. This got added in a recent update and for some reason it defaults to spamming your chatbox every 5 seconds.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Scyantific posted:

Daedric Curse, once you get it to morph, pick Daedric Prey as it increases the damage your pets do to the cursed target.

thanks! it helps for bosses but most of the stuff i encounter dies fast enough to where i dont need it much. im only level 21 but its pretty crazy how fast im steamrolling everything compared to my stamina templar. i guess having 400 champ points helps alot too!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Rollersnake posted:

Isn't the Indrik based more off a Kirin? Slender magical horse-deer-thing with a scaled hide. Usually they are depicted with one horn that curves backwards in a crescent shape, but giving them 1 gnarled deer-like antler or even 2 real deer antlers isn't unheard of.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Well, it's very much not based on a drat pokemon, but the foliage changing antler stuffs leans me towards the Père David's deer

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Magmarashi posted:

Well, it's very much not based on a drat pokemon, but the foliage changing antler stuffs leans me towards the Père David's deer

Could even be all of the above. v:shobon:v It's clear they did their own thing regardless, with the four ears and the ...webbing draped down the back of its neck. Really cool mount regardless!

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Can I get an invite to the guild please? @Ralconn

I'm level 50 and I'm still discovering features in the game.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Why do poisons exist? Like, is there a situation where they're Superior to enchants?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Silly Newbie posted:

Why do poisons exist? Like, is there a situation where they're Superior to enchants?

i think theyre used alot in pvp. hitting someone with a poison that knocks out stamina/magicka can leave them almost completely defenseless

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Certain poisons are bis in pvp. Also, right now poisons are bis on stam for the most part. They were also necessary before summerset.

Like many sets, items in this game - patches will change what becomes bis (and I don't think it's entirely by design btw, the design team is terribad).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JadaX posted:

Certain poisons are bis in pvp. Also, right now poisons are bis on stam for the most part. They were also necessary before summerset.

Like many sets, items in this game - patches will change what becomes bis (and I don't think it's entirely by design btw, the design team is terribad).

Poisons are bugged to poo poo my dude

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Ralconn posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild please? @Ralconn

I'm level 50 and I'm still discovering features in the game.

Oh, poo poo, right, there's a goon guild. What's up, fellow noob? I am CP120 now but was just 50 for the first time a few days ago. This is a big game.

Anyhow, could I get an invite too? I'm @nupogodi

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I sent out invites up to this point.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a way to change character order in Wpama?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Level 47 now, and able to queue into the DLC dungeons and they are making me not want to be subbed anymore just so I can avoid having to do them. These are extremely unfun dungeons.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wait until you do them on veteran! :haw:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
The difference in having a group where everyone is pulling their weight versus 1-2 people loving off is really apparent in the dlc content

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
I've only been playing for a month so I'm still relatively new; is there any particular DLC that's a "must have" whether in terms of fun or gameplay advantage? I don't want to sub, but I'm not opposed to throwing down crowns for a couple things like the Thieves Guild or whatever.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Subbing gives you a comparable amount (more even I think) than straight up buying them. If you're going to purchase crowns outright, it makes more sense to sub for the same dollar amount.

If you're buying crowns with gold then you can disregard, but wanted to make sure you knew.

No comment on the DLC to unlock though - sorry!

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?
Anyone interested in RP contact me ingame at @Sensitive_Pigeon, I'm in a general Roleplayers guild along with an actual RP guild that's pretty decent.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Just started playing again after a few years of absence, and every time I log out and back in the game re-equips old items I have already replaced and sold to a vendor, or lowers all of my durability on some items to 0. Any idea what's going on there?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

sensitivepigeon posted:

Anyone interested in RP contact me ingame at @Sensitive_Pigeon, I'm in a general Roleplayers guild along with an actual RP guild that's pretty decent.

BOO THIS MAN

also I'm the cooler pigeon, nerd

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Hey now pigeons, no ruffling of feathers!

Arri posted:

Just started playing again after a few years of absence, and every time I log out and back in the game re-equips old items I have already replaced and sold to a vendor, or lowers all of my durability on some items to 0. Any idea what's going on there?

Got any outdated equipment addons changing sets for you? The durability thing is really weird though, no idea how that's possible.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I just got the basic indrik mount last week since I started on event tickets with the Morrowind event. Am I right that there's no point to buying any berries since this round will disappear and a new set will start up next event? I can only get ~26 tickets before the event ends so I'll have to burn 14+ on some cosmetics, or get more feathers for a second base indrik.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Graveyardstick posted:

I've only been playing for a month so I'm still relatively new; is there any particular DLC that's a "must have" whether in terms of fun or gameplay advantage? I don't want to sub, but I'm not opposed to throwing down crowns for a couple things like the Thieves Guild or whatever.

All of the zone DLCs are pretty fun, there's a bundle of the first four DLCs (Orsinium, TG, DB, IC) that goes for 5.5k crowns. Imperial City is a PvP area with a PvE questline, but even if that's not your thing the other three are solid in terms of story/size/item sets, so that's a good place to start. Morrowind and CWC really scratch my tes3 nostalgia itch but are awesome in their own right, and I thought Murkmire was enjoyable but I don't know if I would've grabbed it if they hadn't given it away.

And like Mr Newsman said, if you're using real money to buy crowns then subbing for a month or two is a good value, for ~$15/mo you get 1650 crowns plus all the advantages of subbing like the craft bag and the occasional daedric statuette.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

bagrada posted:

I just got the basic indrik mount last week since I started on event tickets with the Morrowind event. Am I right that there's no point to buying any berries since this round will disappear and a new set will start up next event? I can only get ~26 tickets before the event ends so I'll have to burn 14+ on some cosmetics, or get more feathers for a second base indrik.

Edit: Sorry about posting bad advice in this space, seems like buying berries now would be a bad idea unless you've got enough spare crowns to straight buy whatever you don't earn during the event.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 23, 2019

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The official site says:

quote:

Please also note that this is your last chance to acquire all the berries required to make this specific evolution. Once this event ends, the Impresario will no longer stock these berries – don’t miss out!

That sounds really dumb but also suggests that you shouldn't bother buying the berries now if you don't have enough tickets to get all 4.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
Yeah they've said from the beginning that the different berries will only be available during the quarter that they are introduced. There's no indication whether they will come back the next year in the same quarter or if there will be a never ending progression of unique indrik morphs.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I’m going to have exactly 3 feathers and 9 tickets when this event ends. Are the events typically really close together (like is there almost always an event on) or am I going to have to wait months to get that last ticket?

I’m not big on Fashion Scrolls but I feel like every MMO endgame player needs a non standard mount.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The anniversary event is coming up, I think even the same week as the end of JesterFest. After that though it might get spaced out. IMO the Indriks are pretty lame and I feel kinda ripped off for having spent so much time and effort for tickets but it's w/e.

Keep in mind you can also buy event tickets during JesterFest for 250 Crowns a piece, so if you really want to finish off with a mount there's that option as well.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
So for the next indrik, do we have to farm up another set of basic indrik tickets too? or is that not entirely... defined

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You have to farm up another Nascent Indrik, yes.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are shields worth using for general pve on a pet sorc? i havent done dungeons and my 2 pets seem to do a fine job tanking everything so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Not for single player PvE, but I'd keep sword & shield on one bar to level the skill tree/skills you'll want to use in group dungeons. If you don't have your second skill bar yet (level 15), don't worry about it until then.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 24, 2019