Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Time to open the station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSdXbkflV0

Edit: donut dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

A lot of them actually want instability in the middle east because this is a prerequisite for the prophesied apocalypse.

Also, there's a whole lot of money to be made by selling arms or providing defense contractors.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

EwokEntourage posted:

Its also why no one else actually moved the embassy.

excuse me, guatemala did

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wasn't all that in the House bill anyway?

also who the gently caress is seth moulton

He's the guy who's going to win the 2004 Democratic primary.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Brony Car posted:

Not being able to wait inside when it's cold? I don't know the station in question.

yeah that's what it is, so that's fair

he was at the station around 5:30 and the building wasnt open

though the dunkin is supposed to open for business at 4:30 as well as unlock the building at that point

station services are only available from 6:00

the guy was bitching because Dunkin wasnt opening but he was also there before 6, so idk if NJT would have been help either way

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1108788020185042944

quote:

In court proceedings, Professor Zeev Sternhell, one of the world's leading experts on Fascism, testified that Im Tirtzu was "not worse than Fascism, it is that, more or less". He also testified that Fascist principles "provide a basis for Im Tirtzu's operations". Sternhell analyzed the writings published by Im Tirtzu and observed expressions of fascist thinking in the writings of the group's founder. These include seeing the nation as an organic body, viewing the West as being weakened, and describing the situation in the country as an emergency situation that requires unusual action against "traitors".

Other court testimony documented that Im Tirtzu's founder admitted to drawing inspiration from German philosophers considered to have been precursors to Fascist ideology.

In 2016, Knesset Member Benny Begin also used the term "Fascist" to describe a campaign by the organization.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 21, 2019

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

excuse me, guatemala did

I should have clarified that I meant no other republican administration did despite conservative mouth breathers calling for it repeatedly. The US moving it made it okay for others to move there, though I dont know if any countries already had their embassy there

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1108778782163456000

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1108524425257848833

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
facebook bad btw
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1108775343274553344

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1108789693431324674

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
But Her Emails was the most stupid political scandal of all time.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sounds like the contract should be renegotiated under threat of cancellation for breaching its terms, assuming the state agency was competent enough to include those requirements.

Next one should have liquidated damages for failure to open on time.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

My enjoyment of AOC's burns are tempered by the fact that none of the people who heard the original slurs are ever going to be made aware of her rebuttal.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Chuds are really going all in on this "AOC is an actress" conspiracy theory.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Lycus posted:

Chuds are really going all in on this "AOC is an actress" conspiracy theory.

It's all they really have left. They get owned every time they touch that stove burner, so they've finally deviated to Rovian tactics, her owning them is actually a weakness cause she's a fake-o.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

why is it so incredibly goddamn difficult for them to admit that AOC is competent on her own

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kith posted:

why is it so incredibly goddamn difficult for them to admit that AOC is competent on her own

Young. Ethnic. Woman.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deptfordx posted:

My enjoyment of AOC's burns are tempered by the fact that none of the people who heard the original slurs are ever going to be made aware of her rebuttal.

Arguing on the internet is useless other than when it performatively displays the response to bullshit lies to people who need to see that. The people who need to see it are never the people arguing because once someone starts arguing on the internet they've usually already convinced themselves of their own legendary wisdom and knowledge and that anyone disagreeing is every bad thing that's ever existed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kith posted:

it's all projection. you have mouthbreathing hogs popping into her mentions about how she needs to learn economics and history while they support the dumbest human being alive.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kith posted:

i don't think you get it, sometimes she says things THAT ARE IMPRECISE

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
People should just constantly bring up Ingraham doing a Nazi salute on national television to her face, but its her show and they'd never air that interview.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But Her Emails was the most stupid political scandal of all time.

The Iraq war Cheney thing should have deligitimized the NYT but the email poo poo should factor in. I don't know how people watched the 2016 election then all went out and bought subscriptions to that rag to stick it to truth hating Trump.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Radish posted:

The Iraq war Cheney thing should have deligitimized the NYT but the email poo poo should factor in. I don't know how people watched the 2016 election then all went out and bought subscriptions to that rag to stick it to truth hating Trump.

Trump treats any media source that doesn't pay him 100% fawning, obsequious deference as the enemy, so because the New York Times had occasional flashes of coherence, they became the bad guys. And for the #Resistance morons, that was enough.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My boomer parents think she and the new progressive Democrats are sent to sink the Democratic Party and that I should wait and see just how bad they are, that they’re a joke and will be punished, and where did they come from. There’s a terrifying hatred from an older generation to this new one and I don’t get it and explaining this is where the future is - is not something they seemingly can accept.

It’s almost irrational.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Radish posted:

I don't know how people watched the 2016 election then all went out and bought subscriptions to that rag to stick it to truth hating Trump.
Democrats are super fuckin dumb.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gatts posted:

My boomer parents think she and the new progressive Democrats are sent to sink the Democratic Party and that I should wait and see just how bad they are, that they’re a joke and will be punished, and where did they come from. There’s a terrifying hatred from an older generation to this new one and I don’t get it and explaining this is where the future is - is not something they seemingly can accept.

It’s almost irrational.

They're as terrified of change as any Republican. Older Democrats view politics as a team sport, not in terms of ideology.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Democrats are super fuckin dumb.

The same Democrats that raised money for a Republican campaign office.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Eagerly awaiting pissy old Boomers whining about the necessity of an inverse-Logan's Vote should no lovely worthless centrist win the primary.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the democrats should be groveling at omar's feet begging for forgiveness.

https://twitter.com/netanyahu/status/1108777011227619329

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

The same Democrats that raised money for a Republican campaign office.

Specifically Republicans that we're systematically disenfranchising minorities.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Not nearly the same level, but wtf is going on here, Indiana? :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/ISTAmembers/status/1108477440819712006

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, there are some actual "active shooter" trainings that are valid out there, but they mostly rely on "run the gently caress away; if you can't run, hide; if you can't hide, you're hosed, try to fight".

It's pretty comical people are being paid to give those trainings, because yeah, no poo poo. You can run, hide, or fight. Those are literally the only possible options.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

the democrats should be groveling at omar's feet begging for forgiveness.

Nah, guess what they're doing instead

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1108795113340354561

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

1glitch0 posted:

It's pretty comical people are being paid to give those trainings, because yeah, no poo poo. You can run, hide, or fight. Those are literally the only possible options.

Eh, there's a certain degree of possible training involved. Like, try to run so as to block off lines of sight; don't stop running because you're behind a corner and think you're safe; don't expect pasteboard to stop .223; etc.

MY WIFE went through a training but it was like I describe -- basically just "run, if you can't run, hide, if you can't hide, fight" and then it went through (relatively) good and bad ways to try each of those things.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

unFUCKINGreal.

lol nadler's replies are chuds mad he's going after daddy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gatts posted:

It’s almost irrational.

It is irrational. They literally can't comprehend how badly everyone under 40 got hosed.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Surprised? Nope.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Hello USPOL. I have a new OP written for spring and was planning on posting it today but currently don’t have my computer out. Expect that sometime later tonight. I may do it late when I’m at work since I expect it will be slow by then.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Family Values posted:

I posted this in the tech nightmares thread, but it kind of fits here too:

Instagram Is the Internet’s New Home for Hate

Burn all social media to the ground.

Maybe total open communication is The Great Filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Mueller didn't leave for lunch today. He normally does. :f5:

I hate this timeline