Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

one fight in Fate/Zero, the prequel anime to what I'm talking about, involves this one dickhead wizard setting up an entire hotel with all sorts of magic traps and wild poo poo to try and wear down the protagonist. the show sets it up like the protag is gonna have to make his way up the building dealing with everything and fight him on the roof or something...

and then it just cuts to the protag in another building holding a detonator

and then the whole god drat hotel blows the gently caress up while the protag just sits there all :smug:

Fate is the real deal, man

e: like I am not going to try and claim this as high literature but very few things make me consistently laugh like Rich Evans the way Fate poo poo does

Shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hes doing a great job of selling this anime.

I'm onboard to ban him for spreading anime

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also in :fsn:, things eventually get out of hand enough that you end up with a Catholic priest and a guy who's made of swords attempting to punch each other to death in front of the Zoroastrian incarnation of evil

this is, i would imagine, why that LP was grandfathered in to some extent because that is certainly a sentence

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Holy poo poo no one cares anymore

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
making people get mad, red, and nude online by talking about stuff i like is my Posting Brand

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

making people get mad, red, and nude online by talking about stuff i like is my Posting Brand

There is an entire subforum, multiple even, where you can post this embarrassing poo poo instead of in the sagas thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I sit here spitting angry that some one like you would describe anime during my naked online browsing time! What are you? Some kind of weirdo?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Liking anime is dumb and pathetic.

Anyway, let me tell you about the time an internet man said a funny thing 12 years ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Fate is dragonballZ with historical figures doing the asspulls instead of stronk gorilla fightmens

So, like, hearing that Cú Chulainn is totally kicking rear end with Hercules and Mata Hari, while Shakespeare and Lu Bu try to stop Vlad Tepes from killing a toddler sounds interesting, but in actuality it's a 2 minute fight nestled between 40+ minutes of Anime Intrigue and Plot

Now, the Anime Music Videos that come out of it? :discourse:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is a place of honor. anime does not belong here friends. think the rare exception would be that FFVII house cult lady thing

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FilthyImp posted:

So, like, hearing that Cú Chulainn is totally kicking rear end with Hercules and Mata Hari, while Shakespeare and Lu Bu try to stop Vlad Tepes from killing a toddler sounds interesting, but in actuality it's a 2 minute fight nestled between 40+ minutes of Anime Intrigue

Also almost all these people are cheesecake ladies in absurd pinup outfits, many of them underaged. People aren't uncomfortable because of the plot or pacing, duder

Like, seriously, why is the response to this poo poo being gross always to defend its content or argue whether or not the content is "anime?' Nobody cares

Antivehicular has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Mar 21, 2019

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"Huuurrr look at me everyone I am an idiot."

ok

"Haha lol I was just kidding guys I'm not really an idiot."

ok

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Liking anime is dumb and pathetic.

Anyway, let me tell you about the time an internet man said a funny thing 12 years ago.

Well? Go on then, I would like to hear about that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shifty Nipples posted:

"Huuurrr look at me everyone I am an idiot."

ok

"Haha lol I was just kidding guys I'm not really an idiot."

ok

That isn’t what that post says?

I feel like this quote gets misused a lot which is strange as it’s fairly straightforward

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Well? Go on then, I would like to hear about that.

Someone said a negative thing, and the funny internet guy said "much like your posting" and everyone else in the thread stood up and voted 5. A real classic.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

it's fine to like anime. its fine to chat about it when it comes up. you don't need to keep bringing it up a day later when the thread has been silent to tell people how epic the series you like is. that's all. post about goon sagas pls tia. move on

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Someone said a negative thing, and the funny internet guy said "much like your posting" and everyone else in the thread stood up and voted 5. A real classic.

That is pretty funny.
For a clown.
At the monitor.
Turn on.
Heart attack.
Help.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

this one time i watched a cartoon. man. let me tell you about it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Personally I just solve the problem by hating absolutely everything.

Except Mr. Rogers, he's cool.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol you like a thing, have you considered how it’s bad?

Here is my 400 word post about how much I hate the thing, despite it not really having much to do with anything

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
frankie the dildo was a good goon saga

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The best goon saga is how angry y'all get at the topic of anime

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Goons hating anime led to moot loving off and making his own website with hookers and lolis or whatever. One thing leads to another and eventually Trump is president and nazis are a thing again?

tl;dr goons hating anime has led to nazis again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Len posted:

Not when it’s every time is tangentially mentioned, at a certain point we get it man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

I swear there's a handful of goons have like a system of pagers set up so the second some hapless dork mentions cowboy bebop they can Kramer into the thread and tell you that anime is cancer

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

very cool!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gods own work right there.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

There's some series I've scrolled past on Netflix that's titled with something about Frankie and also possibly a purple dildo seems to be featured.

And while I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence, it sure does make me remember those threads.

e: upon googling, Grace and Frankie sure has a lot of big names in it

a kitten has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Mar 21, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

a kitten posted:

There's some series I've scrolled past on Netflix that's titled with something about Frankie and also possibly a purple dildo seems to be featured.

And while I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence, it sure does make me remember those threads.

e: upon googling, Grace and Frankie sure has a lot of big names in it

Looking forward to the Netflix original documentary about Mr. Sunshine that will finally verify whether or not that guy hosed a chunk of his rectum out

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Netflix announces... FINGAT

"Explosive!" raves the New York Times.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sneakyfrog posted:

frankie the dildo was a good goon saga

I remember that! It was a fun thing to read.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Antivehicular posted:

Looking forward to the Netflix original documentary about Mr. Sunshine that will finally verify whether or not that guy hosed a chunk of his rectum out
it drat near killed em!

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
how did emmy probate everyone i thought he wasn't a mod anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think emmy and cash crab switched places on the mod totem pole

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Actually everyone on the pyf totem pole is restructured every so often, when Emmy moved to 3rd place I fell 70 places. The only constant is the birb

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

i think emmy and cash crab switched places on the mod totem pole

Yeah, crab tagged into the Schad thread.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, crab tagged into the Schad thread.

I would say "most thankless mod job on the forums," but I'm sure the various Bad Thread Cops in D&D are worse.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

I would say "most thankless mod job on the forums," but I'm sure the various Bad Thread Cops in D&D are worse.

Someone moderates GWS.

Someone moderates FYAD.

Someone moderates YOSPOS.

Someone moderates TCC.

Someone moderates GIP.

Someone moderates YLLS.

Someone moderates E/N.

Someone moderates CD.

Someone moderates ADTRW.

Seriously the way this place works I'm pretty sure the only easy beat is QCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

surely gbs is the easiest beat because all you need to do is just hammer the probation button until the reports are cleared.